Bigfoot "speech"

One of the recordings taken in the Sierra Nevada in the 70's was particularly chilling and fascinating to me. The alleged sasquatch is heard "speaking" jibberish with a man; apparently the sasquatch was mimicking the man though who started the dialogue is not clear as far as I can tell. The bigfoot's "speech" doesn't sound like intelligent communication, just repetition of what he was hearing, but his voice does sound distinctly human. AFAIK this and the accompanying recordings are pretty well-known, so I'm hoping you all know what I'm referring to.

Is it possible that sasquatch has a primitive "language" in some form"? Are there other cases on record of them vocally mocking a human?

One of the recordings taken in the Sierra Nevada in the 70's was particularly chilling and fascinating to me. The alleged sasquatch is heard "speaking" jibberish with a man; apparently the sasquatch was mimicking the man though who started the dialogue is not clear as far as I can tell. The bigfoot's "speech" doesn't sound like intelligent communication, just repetition of what he was hearing, but his voice does sound distinctly human. AFAIK this and the accompanying recordings are pretty well-known, so I'm hoping you all know what I'm referring to.

Is it possible that sasquatch has a primitive "language" in some form"? Are there other cases on record of them vocally mocking a human?

From what I understand they all do it, but it is a EXTREMELY rare privilege to witness it. It has been reported several times in West Virginia, California, and other hotspots. I think they are very reluctant to talk when they know we are around, for fear it will give them way and alert us to their presence. So when we are around almost always it is just the animal mimicking.

Native americans, particularly in the Northern portion of the PNW, spoke often on this. The language was a old native one that died out long before even when the stories were told. It was called the bear language and was only passed on to very few natives. I would say the Biggies pick up the language by observing people in the woods, and, I realize I am going way off the beaten track, but I think they may be taught it at some point in time by natives they lived around. IE they form a close relationship with a local tribe, are taught language, and pass it down from parent to child for many many generations, each time the language falls further and further away from the original and becomes possibly cruder as well.

I do not think it would be possible for us to even learn it in this case, as it simply never existed in human history and we do not really have the hardware to mimic it correctly.

Admin

yeah, right.

apparently the sasquatch was mimicking the man though who started the dialogue is not clear as far as I can tell.

I thought the man was mimicking the sasquatch.....

Admin

All living species have a method of communication, and I am sure that Bigfoot creatures have a means of communication. Verbal or body language seem to be mentioned in a lot of sighting reports. Being lucky enough to witness this communication is a different story. :unsure:

I thought the man was mimicking the sasquatch.....

I'll have to listen to it again. To me it sounded like the sasquatch made a noise, then the man made a different noise, which was repeated by the sasquatch. I'm probably wrong though.

BFF Patron

I believe this thread and the Sierra Sounds and Scott Nelson discussion may be of interest to you.

I think it is most certainly possible. If it exists, it is much more likely to be closer related to us than it is to chimps. That is obviously just my opinion but I have found all of the other arguments to be pretty much not based on real world evidence and just unsupported assumptions. There are hominids living in the right areas in Asia to have potentially crossed the land bridge. There is no reason to suppose that one of the hominids living in Asia couldn't have become cold adapted or that all of them have been technological.

Anyone that thinks than an ancient hominid didn't have any sort of language is just making an unsubstantiated guess. Personally, I think people speak so well that we have been doing it for probably millions of years. It is built into how our minds work. Isolated kids will start speaking their own language when not exposed to it. The point there is that it is logically something that has been around a very long time in our ancestors. Something that diverged from our lineage about 2 million years ago, which is about how distantly related I would expect them to be, probably would have some language abilities but certainly not necessarily or even logically anything comparable to modern humans since they apparently aren't technological or as social.

I have only listened to the second CD a few times a long time ago. It wasn't that compelling but the first CD sounded to me like some sort of primitive ape. Primitive is what ancient hominids logically were when it comes to speech. Listening to that, it sounded like it might have speech. If I was to assume the tapes were real sasquatch and had to bet, I would bet on the creature making those sounds did have a language. I am also inclined to think they are probably genuine sasquatch recordings until someone demonstrates to me how they made them. If they are genuine recordings of something in the wilderness, then I absolutely reject the notion that they are made by some known animal. That is just taking skepticism to the point of losing reason as far as I am concerned. It is either a hoax or a sasquatch, at least some of the sounds. I don't really entertain any other possibilities as being remotely likely.

I think it's a definite possibility that sasquatch have speech but feral humans will not talk if they miss a certain crucial stage of development without exposure to speech. It's hardwired into our brains but the software has to be downloaded correctly for a human to be able to talk metaphorically speaking. Now I always wondered why they haven't developed sign language. I've never read a report of anyone ever seeing that other than the occasional one where they motion for someone to approach, mainly children. Sign language would have to be a handy thing to have to be able to communicate while being quiet, especially in the wild.

There were several stories in there that I had not heard before, Southernyahoo, thanks for linking them.

I brought this up in another thread for a different reason, but it is applicable here. One of the precursors to speech is infant crying. There are many reasons given for why you would have never heard a sasquatch baby crying, but it does seem like someone would have reported infant crying deep in the woods if they are capable of it at some point in the last 40-50 years. Has anyone ever bothered to look in areas of high sightings to see if anyone ever reported a suspected abandoned baby or child because they heard crying?

I guess it wasn't clear, but I meant kids as in plural who are not exposed to language will develop their own language. I doubt that any of the feral children were feral together. There are examples of kids that invent their own language when not exposed to it from parents. There are several examples of kids inventing their own languages but I meant in the case of seriously neglected kids together so it was similar to the feral children. I was aware of some kids, as in single kids, that were completely isolated and had a very difficult time learning a language. The same thing is true about vision. People who gain their sight as adults often have seriously impaired vision like not being able to tell where curbs are.

A friend of my brother claimed to have heard baby cries coming from what she was convinced was a bigfoot. I got the impression she thought the bigfoot was making the calls though. That was part of a large group of sitings in the late 1970's near the Missouri river in South Dakota.