Do You Want Science To Have A Body?

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Twilight Fan

I *might* have one (lying around somewhere ) to sell to the highest buyer, Bipedal. Stricly between you and me. ;) So, what are you offering?

indiefoot.

I'm still looking through my notes and haven't found my sources. I know I've read it for both the BF and Apes but I am still looking.

Can anyone help?

Guest Bipedal Ape

I *might* have one (lying around somewhere ) to sell to the highest buyer, Bipedal. Stricly between you and me. ;) So, what are you offering?

I've got this alien body in my freezer if you want to swap?

Guest Twilight Fan

That depends. Did this alien body come from Area 51, the facilities of the MIB, or E.T.'s spaceship?

Tied to the "Most Respected Researcher" thread, Grover Krantz actively hunted BF and even encouraged others to do the same. No one was more science at the time, and he clearly wanted one dead to examine - a type specimen.

Guest Knuck

I voted no, because it is my opinion that "science", here in the US and in other countries already has had "bodies" to examine at great length. And further, I feel that it was done many years ago as well. No conspiracies, just quiet research to find out what we have walking around behind the flora.-Knuck

Knuck

Are you saying that you believe the government knows full well that BF exists? and are just keeping it a secret. Or that science knows full well that BF exists? Or both?

Edited by Caesar

Guest Twilight Fan

Interesting thought, Knuck. If the government really did have proof that Bigfoot exists, I wonder why they'd bother keeping it a secret? It's not like aliens, which are thought to have very advanced technology and knowledge. Bigfoot would just be a new species of ape...wouldn't it? :o

I'm partly in the camp that, if BF does indeed exist, our government (and thusly science) is indeed aware.

I mean, if these existed, hard evidence and a body should have been recovered by now, right?

There are many reasons why they would keep it quiet. Many opinions on that subject. Pick one and run with it. ;-)

A part of you screams YES! and a part of you screams NO! It makes humans look like a jerky species if we shoot everything for "sport" and not for food. But then, this phenomenon has been a mystery for soooo long. And soooo many people do not believe in Bigfoot. (I myself don't know if he exists). A body would prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think that if a dead Bigfoot body was found and turned into science, that is the best of both worlds. That way, it hasn't been killed by someone but its existence is still being validated. So, I voted YES. Getting around the bad part with my loophole idea. ;)

This is how I feel as well. I'm not a big fan of just killing for sport either but if a body was found dead of other causes to prove the existence that would be good.

Guest FuriousGeorge

I have flip flopped on my stance. Originally I thought "science" should have a body for examination because of simple math. That math was a guess of course. If the populations are low as presumed by many, and like most other species that have low populations, we are the cause through a large number of reasons whether it was a destruction of their environment or food sources or whatever. ANd we can usually help when we find out. But I have changed my mind because of the opinions here on this forum. I now say leave them alone too. Let them die off in a slow and miserable death. You have all convinced me. It's probably better to just leave the small few that are left to just vanish due to our neglect. Good points by all.

I don't know if anyone here has watched the film the hunter, pretty much about a guy sent into tasmania to hunt and kill what might be the last tasmanian tiger alive. There immediate intention was to kill the creature, I don't care what there reasoning was, that's just wrong. I find that generally coincides with man's general mind state today. Whenever we discover a species there are a lot of people who work to preserve it, but there are just as many, if not more who try to turn the animals into a prize and stuff them, or into some lab experiment, and there lies the problem.

If BF has been around this long i don't think there populations are low enough to threaten extinction. This animal seems to display a higher form of intelligence then most creatures. They may have learned to simply retreat as we encroached on there habitat, who knows what kind of encounters these creatures had with natives. They could have learned long ago to stay well away from man. If they do exist, i believe observation is the key here, if we can ever find a way to properly observe them, Then maybe we can figure out how to get a body without having to use force, under those circumstances i would have no problem with it.

I great teacher once told me, mans fear is what kept him alive throughout the ages, he never gave into it he embraced and overcame it. That is why we are the dominant species today. BF may fear us as so many other creatures have learned to, let's be thankful they haven't been able to overcome that fear. :wild: PLANET OF THE BIGFOOT'S :wild: lol :huh:

P.s i really wanted an excuse to use that emote :wild: lol.

Guest FuriousGeorge

How long have hunters been leaving behind lead ammo fragments in gut piles after their deer or bear kill in bf territory? A gut pile is a free meal, ready to go. They don't have to work at it to get it. Do you know any animals that scavenge gut piles and can process lead? I don't. We figured the lead ammo fragment thing out because we had Californian Condors to examine. Without the specimen disappearing, I doubt we would have. Or even cared to find that one out.

How about a year with a freakish amount of rain from El Nino, washing farmland topsoil filled with pesticides into a bay? We didn't realize that it's time to change pesticides until most of the blue crabs disappeared in Chesapeake Bay a few years ago.

We kill a lot of things in large numbers (devastating numbers) and don't realize it. These are just two examples to show what I mean. The problem is much larger than I'm pointing out. There probably is not enough bandwidth to show the amount of examples. But we can fix things, if we know about them.

Or we can just leave them alone. It's all about weighing the risk of a few getting poached verses saving them all. Plus we would also have a reason to up law enforcement in order to catch poachers if we had a specimen.

I'm with you guys now though. Let's forget about them. Enjoy the lead.

Edited by FuriousGeorge