Bigfoot And Trains

BFF Patron
..... when's the last time you showered and shaved, and had your throat looked at man?

Obviously hobo two didn't see the Burma Shave sign at the first road crossing in a timely manner:

‘TO GET / AWAY / FROM HAIRY APES / GOTTA JUMP FROM LOCAL FREIGHTS / BURMA-SHAVE.’

BFF Patron

Hey, it's all good, I got a styptic pencil to keep me in check..... 8)

Guest BFSleuth

If I understand correctly, the BF was in between two boxcars. To get any kind of video without attaching a camera on the box, you would need to do this with telephoto to have a longer time to view between each car and be able to pan along in case you actually have one in your viewfinder. You would only be able to see it for a fleeting moment if you are standing next to the train tracks.

Tripod mounted telephoto placed well back from the tracks with an uninterrupted view of a long section of track is the kind of location needed.

For still pictures would it be possible to mount a more normal focal length close to the tracks, but have it automatically trigger when each gap between the cars comes by? If that is the case you could collect a database of pictures of every gap that passed through for a day. Maybe 50 to 200 gaps/images per train.

Rail lines that go through forests, mountain passes, etc. would be good to focus on.

By the way, any hoaxers out there that are wanting to try sitting the gaps in a BF suit, be safe. I lost a young friend trying to hop a train. He bled to death quickly. My sister works for the railroad and she is traumatized by some of the things she's seen and heard from accidents with riders like that.

Second hobo: hey, you ain't a hobo..... you're a hairee..... takes a flying leap out of the box car....

Good one... teehee. I meant to imply a bf seeing a hobo do it from a distance. My fault. But yeah, I can only imagine what would happen if a hobo jumping a train found a new friend already on board.

All fun and games aside though, I think it's worth looking into.

If I understand correctly, the BF was in between two boxcars. To get any kind of video without attaching a camera on the box, you would need to do this with telephoto to have a longer time to view between each car and be able to pan along in case you actually have one in your viewfinder. You would only be able to see it for a fleeting moment if you are standing next to the train tracks.

According to Stan's post: "I(t) was one of those trains carrying large cargo carriers. In between each car is a good size area." So actually there

is a little longer time to view between containers.

RE

Guest BFSleuth

With inspiration from this thread, I looked for video of trains and ran across this one, looking out the rear of the caboose on a train crossing the Cascade Mountains (Squatch Central). I was actually looking for video of trains passing by in mountain areas, maybe see if someone has a flashing image of a HoboSquatch, but came upon this one.

So, I'm watching the video and "uh oh" ... is that blobsquatch I see bottom left starting at 1:23? Video quality is poor. Would love to get better quality video riding through this kind of territory. Now there is a new way to search for potential BF images, Youtube "trains mountains".... hours of stuff.

I miss cabooses. Here in Nebraska, corporate home of Union Pacific, the company generally gets what it wants. The caboose was traditionally used to monitor the train, especially for overheated bearings "hotboxes." With modern sensing/monitoring devices it's been deemed the caboose is not necessary and in my state, at least, no longer seen on trains.

As far as being a hoax? It would have been impossible for the witness to be involved. We did not even go on our scheduled day because I had an unplanned change in my schedule. I also showed up at his house at a different time that I thought I would get there.

For unauthorized people to mess around with trains is a very dangerous thing to do in a post 911 era. It was just a happenstance that I was looking in the right place at the right time.

I updated my blog with audio and will travel back to the location the first of next week.

http://www.stancourtney.com/wordpress/railroading-sasquatches/

• Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

Thanks for the update Stan. I notice you posted an update from facebook from another individual that saw what might be a BF on a train? This is getting more and more interesting.

I'll be a son of a gun. I never thought of that. I am amazed, but I do believe it. From Stan Courtney, no less. OMG. So what else......? Clinging to the rear bumpers of Greyhound buses? Hanging onto straps on the cable cars in San Francisco? Driving stolen golf carts?

I think I will have to check the back seat everytime I get into the car now. Wow!

Edited by Kings Canyon