What Would You Do If You Found The Patty Costume In A Pawn Shop?

Guest parnassus

Guest parnassus

Suppose you were antiquing in Richland WA and found what appeared to be the PGF costume in a pawn shop, complete with glass eye in the right eye socket, padded "muscle" in the calf, built in shoulder pads, leather mask, fake boobies, and all the rest. Suppose that the pawn shop owner gave you the phone number of who sold it to him, and you checked it out and the story clicked with an authentic bills of sale with authenticated signatures. Suppose that the pawn shop owner wanted 25,000 bucks for it. Suppose you had only 3,000. The pawn shop owner says he will put it in layaway and keep quiet. You arrange to get the rest of the money in 6 months, and now you try to decide what to do with the suit when you get your hands on it.

1.) Sell it on ebay with a high reserve

2.) Destroy it without informing the world

3.) Try to make a documentary for television

4.) Open a bigfoot museum in Willow Creek, Portland or San Francisco

5.) Lend it to Bill Munns

6.) Write a book in collaboration with parnassus*

7.) Lend it to Bob Heironimus

8.) Take it to the next bigfoot convention and wear it to Bob Gimlin's banquet address

9.) get furry

10.)lend it to kitakaze to make his documentary

*extra points

Edited by parnassus

3, 5, and 9, not necessarily in that order (and don't forget the book deal).

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest Jodie

Is that what happened to Kit and why all of a sudden he got interested in the PGF in 2010, he found it in a pawn shop? And has been paying away on it all this time? Amazing.....truth can sometimes be other people's fiction.

Guest parnassus

if you went public with the authenticated suit, would you expect to face overt hostility from others?

This is why I tend to steer clear of "what if" type posts.

RB, it's irrelevant to the question. Decide what would convince you, and then pretend that proof was presented to you. Perhaps the bill of sale to the pawnshop is signed by Roger P, Bob G, and Bob H (BG & BH wanted payed their share on the spot, because we've all been told how unscrupulous RP was...), and in the bottom of the box was a faded photo of the three, with Bob H wearing the suit and holding the mask under his arm. On the back is written

"Bluff Creek, CA 10-20-67

We'll fool 'em with this one!

-R.P.-"

Or something like that...

Edited by Bonehead74

I would assume that a bunch of skeptics had pooled their money & had a Patty suit made to back up their skeptic-ness.

Bonehead, I have no idea what would convince me, but Parn did bring up it being "authenticated" and so that to me is an important fact. If you are going to say you found the PGF suit you need to get someone or someones to say it is what you claim to be. Otherwise no one will take it seriously.

BFF Patron

Well if I suspected it was the real deal.... and assumed the pawn dealer had no idea what he had based on the bargaining.... I'd buy it for a steal and place it up on ebay or maybe approach Christie's about placing it up on a larger arena auction venue....

Dependent on condition a "steal" could be defined in a pretty wide price range I suppose. If there was no leather football helmet, rubber gloves, white-soled bedroom slippers, foam rubber cones/torpedoes or red horsehide in such outfit, I guess I'd just relegate it to a bonfire, however, lol, if I was a skeptic..... that is.

Then again, I might just get Bob Gimlin to autograph the bottom of the slippers and keep them, keep the glass eye in a fishbowl so I'd always have somebody watching over me..... enuf already, hah.

edited to add, if I were independently wealthy and could find the courage, and didn't need an investment partner or philanthropist accomplice and needed a write off, might just place it in the care of the Smithsonian.....

Edited by bipedalist

Guest JiggyPotamus

Hmm. I would probably just wait for myself to wake up...Since I would obviously be dreaming if that happened... :maninlove:

But just to play along, I would probably sell it. Ya, after I did other stuff with it. Stuff. Don't worry about it. Just stuff.