What Would You Do If You Found The Patty Costume In A Pawn Shop?

Guest parnassus

Guest parnassus

Are you serious? I think you are equating our rabid interest with the general public's, but maybe I'm the one that is misinformed here. I think they would look at it and say "That's a moth eaten suit. If there isn't any film to back up the story we aren't interested."

The Cardiff Giant is a famous hoax and is a tourist attraction in Cooperstown, NY. I think the Patterson film is much more famous, much longer running, than that. The Smithsonian collects all kinds of things. They could do a really cool display, and I assure you it wouldn't look like a "moth-eaten suit."

p.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Jodie

I don't know Parn, your trying to compare an impressive statue with a ball of faux fur and deteriorating rubber..........I don't think the public appeal would be there. Loren Coleman might stick it in his museum for you, but I doubt you would get $25,000 for it.

• Upvote 1

It's gonna cost to authenticate that suit, but I think it can be settled by just showing a pic of it, instead of all the profiteering. Show me the hipwaders with boots and crumbling hollow latex rubber toe footies. The giant butt pad, the football shoulder pads and helmet with horsehide mask stretched over it, I'm sure the likeness of Patty will just jump out at me! :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Guest Darrell

Well, being from that area, nobody goes antiquing in the Tri-Cities. IMO Patterson ditched that costume soon after his movie became famous.

Guest parnassus

Darrell,

you have correctly discerned that I did not name the actual locale in my hypothetical. I'm not saying it wasn't Pasco or Kennewick, however. Or West Richland. Oh, wait, that's four cities. WTH? Why isn't it the quad cities? Oh, wait, that would be Moline, Bettendorf, Davenport and Rock Island.

By the way, did you know that Patterson did a book signing in Richland during the period in 1966 when someone in a bigfoot costume was showing up around the area? Funny how bigfoot came and went that summer; people in Yakima wondered about that. I guess books and bigfoots are transient, seasonal phenomena. But guys in costumes are cheap advertising.

2yoy2xc.jpg

BFF Patron

I don't know Parn, your trying to compare an impressive statue with a ball of faux fur and deteriorating rubber..........I don't think the public appeal would be there. Loren Coleman might stick it in his museum for you, but I doubt you would get $25,000 for it.

Yeah, but if Coleman has any sense, he'll insist on fumigation/extermination first just so the rest of his museum isn't infested..... that should negate most of the gain pretty quick I should think......

Guest Jodie

I'm sure things have nested in that mythical suit over the years whether it was a birthday suit or a BH suit. :D

Guest krakatoa

By the way, did you know that Patterson did a book signing in Richland during the period in 1966 when someone in a bigfoot costume was showing up around the area? Funny how bigfoot came and went that summer; people in Yakima wondered about that. I guess books and bigfoots are transient, seasonal phenomena. But guys in costumes are cheap advertising.

So how many BF sightings were there in that same period in places where Patterson wasn't doing a book signing?

Guest Cervelo

I would put it on and make sure someone saw me lets say leaving a sample. Then it could be analyzed via DNA and BAM you got Bigfoot who loves Starbucks and eats a lot of tuna fish!!!

OMG! A trap door? LOLOLOLOL I'm sure Bob H would just take the thing off if his "needs" required it. And Starbucks? Didn't the A. Ostman story mention something about the squatches eating coffee grinds right out of the can? Or was that tobacco?