What Would You Do If You Found The Patty Costume In A Pawn Shop?

Guest parnassus

Guest parnassus

I also wondered about the DNA. Unless the suit has been cleaned, there might well be some of Bob's hair or cells with extractable DNA. Depends on the conditions. Of course, there could be DNA of others as well, by all odds. We have the statements of the Heironimus family that they had played with it. Certainly Roger Patterson handled it and tried on the headpiece, you would assume. Not to mention the pawn shop owner and intermediate owner. However, I don't think that DNA analysis would be needed to satisfy the general public that this was the real deal; recall that the provenance and appearance are both spot on. Of course, Dr. Meldrum might argue it was an imitation of the real thing, made by Ray Wallace. LOL.

Regardless of condition, if it were me, I would make every effort to get it to hold together well enough for Bob H. to at least put it on and "look back," while being photographed at an appropriate angle and sunlight angle and distance with both equipment that could simulate the resolution of the PGF, and equipment that would provide high def. Perhaps Bill Munns could suggest how to simulate the PGF resolution. It would be worth another thou to get this done right.

Interesting that it seems as though some BFF members might hold out against any level of proof that could be offered by analysis and provenance and appearance and even DNA from the suit, maintaining that Bob H might have worn the suit, but that doesn't prove it is Bob H in the suit in the film. To be honest, I would not be surprised by that reaction from some members, and neither would kit, though I think it would be surprising to the neutral man on the street.

Hey parn, how about taking the high road and let the suit and results speak for itself instead of consistently telling us what us BFF members are going to think, you guys are not exactly neutral characters in this yourself, just saying maybe you shouldn't be throwing rocks in a glass house like you just did in your last paragraph.

• Upvote 3

Suppose you were antiquing in Richland WA and found what appeared to be the PGF costume in a pawn shop, complete with glass eye in the right eye socket, padded "muscle" in the calf, built in shoulder pads, leather mask, fake boobies, and all the rest. Suppose that the pawn shop owner gave you the phone number of who sold it to him, and you checked it out and the story clicked with an authentic bills of sale with authenticated signatures. Suppose that the pawn shop owner wanted 25,000 bucks for it. Suppose you had only 3,000. The pawn shop owner says he will put it in layaway and keep quiet. You arrange to get the rest of the money in 6 months, and now you try to decide what to do with the suit when you get your hands on it.

1.) Sell it on ebay with a high reserve

2.) Destroy it without informing the world

3.) Try to make a documentary for television

4.) Open a bigfoot museum in Willow Creek, Portland or San Francisco

5.) Lend it to Bill Munns

6.) Write a book in collaboration with parnassus*

7.) Lend it to Bob Heironimus

8.) Take it to the next bigfoot convention and wear it to Bob Gimlin's banquet address

9.) get furry

10.)lend it to kitakaze to make his documentary

*extra points

I'd ask, Do you have any snake oil?,then make some mumblings about how bad the economy is, then throw out an offer of 50 bucks, then with a stern look in my eye, say, I'm not even sure if I could make any money off it, if Bob G. admitted what it was.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that it seems as though some BFF members might hold out against any level of proof that could be offered by analysis and provenance and appearance and even DNA from the suit, maintaining that Bob H might have worn the suit, but that doesn't prove it is Bob H in the suit in the film. To be honest, I would not be surprised by that reaction from some members, and neither would kit, though I think it would be surprising to the neutral man on the street.

Although I agree that if DNA evidence linked any of the known players to the suit, it doesn't necessarily prove the film subject is not an actual bigfoot, but it does stretch credulity to the point where the honest thing for all parties to do would be to declare the film inconclusive and move on.

"Perhaps Bill Munns could suggest how to simulate the PGF resolution. It would be worth another thou to get this done right."

I will have all the photographic specifications for an authentic recreation filming in a few months, and will be glad to publish them here in the forum for all to read and anyone to use. We've wasted far too much time looking at attempts or examples where the photographic specifications were wrong (thus screwing up the comparison), and so if any future attempts are made, it would do us all a great service if those attempts were photographicaly correct as a foundation for comparisons of the costumes to PGF.

I'll do my part.

Bill

• Upvote 1

I watch forensic files, they can get DNA from anything, and it has been collected off 40 y/o evidence; but, solving a murder is the motive....doubt they're gonna get out the big guns just for the satisfaction of us PGF fanatics. But say they did, it still wouldn't put the suit in the film. Now if Bob H was serious, he should jump at the chance to put it on and do his jig through the underbrush.

BFF Patron

What are they gonna do if they get Bob H dna from the bloody hole in the right quad of the suit?!

Guest Jodie

is everyone agreed that it would be possible to make back the investment double with nat geo or some such network, with little or no work? I mean, what is their budget for shows? I don't think 50,000 would be too much to pay to the discover/owner for the suit and his story/appearance, considering the other expenses would be minimal: paying the two Bob's a few thou apiece, maybe Al Hodgson, Jim Mclarin.....a costume designer....getting rights to the film for another 10 thou, maybe patching the suit a bit so it would hold together for a "walk"... The rest of the story is pretty well known so they wouldn't have script problems...maybe hire Greg Long as a consultant. I think it would be no problemo, wouldn't have to shoot video yourself. The total budget could be only a couple hundred thou for an hour program. Of course the suit would still have residual value as a museum piece. I bet the Smithsonian would shell out a few thou for it. Is there a motion picture museum in Hollywood?

p.

Are you serious? I think you are equating our rabid interest with the general public's, but maybe I'm the one that is misinformed here. I think they would look at it and say "That's a moth eaten suit. If there isn't any film to back up the story we aren't interested."

Although it's not one of your choices, I'd buy it and sell it to Parn for $100,000 so he could have it and his I told you so moment :music:

I'd love to see Bob H have his O.J. moment when he tries it on. "If the suit doesn't fit, you must acquit!!"

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Much as I'd love to see it go down that way, arizonabigfoot, an arguement for the hoax camp could be who can fit into the clothes they wore 40 years ago? Bob H. isn't exactly Jack LaLane, he probably put on a few inches in the middle and lost the robust shoulder and leg meat seen in the PGF, IF it's even him in that flick. But another thing I was thinking, if I were Roger, and IF I wanted to fake something like that, I'd look for a 7' bodybuilder to suit up for the show. I mean, as opposed to a padded suit--again, IF that's what occurred--so that it would look realer-er. Just my thoughts.

I would leave immediately - I've seen Pulp Fiction and the possibility of any bigfoot-costumed shenanigans in their basement would make me exit the scene quicker than Patty...

Man....I hope this pans out. One way or another it would be great to put the matter to rest....but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. It would likely just turn into the whole knew thing to haggle over.