Albert Ostman

Guest OntarioSquatch

I've always found the Ostman account plausible merely because of the date and details he provided. Just looking at the affidavit alone he signed in '57, Ostman's odd & bravely 'detailed' account was well before Patterson & a year before the Crew media craze.

Meaning he wasn't jumping on any bandwagon...

SSR Team

Are there weaver birds in B.C.?

I haven't a clue but irrespective of if there is or isn't, if they started it by instinct like you said just then anything else that done/does it started by instinct too, unless they're copying them no ?

Again however, i think we're taking his words and descriptions far too literally.

Edited by BobbyO

Guest Kerchak

As somebody who's merely hopeful that Bigfoot does exists I find believing this story to be far too large a leap for me to take, I'll place my hope elsewhere.

What is it that you find a large leap?

The 'kidnapping'?

His descriptions of the 'people'?

His escape and trek to civilisation?

Or all of the above.

I don't find it anywhere near a large leap when compared to, say, many stories of habituation and repeat encounters etc.

I thought his description of their chatter felt similar to the often mentioned chatter sounds of today. Such an odd detail to get right if fabricating before Bigfoot went mainstream...

I haven't a clue but irrespective of if there is or isn't, if they started it by instinct like you said just then anything else that done/does it started by instinct too, unless they're copying them no ?

Again however, i think we're taking his words and descriptions far too literally.

Weaver birds are in Africa. I was trying to make a point but didn't do very well. I was trying to say that if bf could weave, it would be a learned skill...probably from the parents. If they had skills like that, they should be using tools as well.

t.

Guest Dr. Boogie

What is it that you find a large leap?

The 'kidnapping'?

His descriptions of the 'people'?

His escape and trek to civilisation?

Or all of the above.

I don't find it anywhere near a large leap when compared to, say, many stories of habituation and repeat encounters etc.

The main framework of the story really, being carried for miles in his sleeping bag, being allowed into the family home; what would have been a Bigfoot's intention in doing these things? (I don't really even expect anybody to attempt to answer that question). I feel the same way when people attempt to link Bigfoot with UFO's (probably because if BF does exist my vision of it is of a flesh and blood creature existing in a conventional ecosystem) , it just pushes my personal sense of reality too far. This doesn't mean that I'm correct, it's just that we all have our limits as to what we are willing to believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful and open minded as to the possibility of the existence of Bigfoot but this story is just too fantastical for my tastes. After all this time the story is not going add anything to the 'proof' cause and proof is what I'm hoping for.

Edited by Dr. Boogie

I have to ride with Kerchak on this one.

Now if they had knocked on the door and asked for garlic.......

What's the deal with garlic ???

Out of curiosity I ran a viewshed analysis in ArcGIS to see if Mt Baker would be visible from the top of one of the ridges north of the Salmon inlet. The data I worked with was pretty coarse (1km cells) but did account for earth curvature. The results showed several ridges that you could see Baker from. So I believe it possible.