Albert Ostman

Guest OntarioSquatch

The biggest problem I always had with the Ostman story was that the squatch came in while he was sleeping, picked him up and hauled him away yet at the squatch camp Ostman had all his gear with him, coffee pot, food, rifle etc.

SSR Team

^^

This night it was cloudy and looked like it might rain. I took special notice of how everything was arranged. I closed my pack sack, I did not undress, I only took off my shoes, put them in the bottom of my sleeping bag. I drove my prospecting pick into one of the cypress trees so I could reach it from my bed. I also put the rifle alongside me, inside my sleeping bag. I fully intended to stay awake all night to find out who my visitor was, but I must have fallen asleep.

I was awakened by something picking me up. I was half asleep and at first I did not remember where I was. As I began to get my wits together, I remembered I was on this prospecting trip, and in my sleeping bag.

My first thought was — it must be a snow slide, but there was no snow around my camp. Then it felt like I was tossed on horseback, but I could feel whoever it was, was walking.

I tried to reason out what kind of animal this could be. I tried to get at my sheath knife, and cut my way out, but I was in an almost sitting position, and the knife was under me. I could not get hold of it, but the rifle was in front of me, I had a good hold of that, and had no intention to let go of it. At times I could feel my packsack touching me, and could feel the cans in the sack touching my back.

ck touching me, and could feel the cans in the sack touching my back.

Edited by BobbyO

AaronD[/color]' timestamp='1338773148' post='596550']

Twas, just out of curiousity ;)

My error AaronD, Albert O did pass in 1975. Fred Beck of Ape Canyon fame passed in 1966. I mixed them up some times. Sorry I do not recall the month.

Thomas Steenburg

SSR Team

I doubt i would neither, if i wasn't aware that they existed.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I believe it's worth mentioning that he was interrogated and didn't crack. He also passed lie detector tests.

SSR Team

There are some that don't believe that is actually worth mentioning OS.

Guest OntarioSquatch

That's too bad. I'm guessing it's the same people who won't consider his story a possibility.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Hi everyone!!!

I have posted this before, this is a small map that I found in "The Big Book of the Unexplained" (This is a compilation of classic of monster,UFO and ghost stories in a comic book format).

The book has a retelling of the well known Albert Ostman story. It included this drawing of the "secluded valley" where the Bigfoot family actually lived, according to the story.

post-400-0-30992700-1335069948_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Unexplained-Factoid-Books/dp/1563892545

I enjoyed reading Ostman's account, but when regarding if the story is true, I'm somewhat sceptic, (due to the lack of scientific evidence), but I agree this is one of the most fantastic stories of the century. Do you think this drawing could be accurate? It is possible to find the spot using Google Earth?

Gretings.

K. Adam.

Guest BFSleuth

I think BobbyO may have been noting I've mentioned in other threads that the American Psychological Association has made a very clear statement that there has been no experimental data to support the validity of polygraph test to determine truthfulness. To Ostman's credit he did sign the Canadian equivalent of an affidavit of his testimony, which carries legal weight in the event he has been determined to lie. I'm still undecided regarding his story, and hopefully someday someone can figure out where that secluded valley really is. That would be quite the expedition.

SSR Team

I wasn't actually referring to you personally BFS, no..

My memory's nowhere near that good..;)

Guest BFSleuth

Dang, and I thought I was famous for my mission to correct the misconception of polygraphs :D

Guest Kerchak

It is possible to find the spot using Google Earth?

Gretings.

K. Adam.

Hi,

That question has been posed before and it's a good one. If you've read this thread and the other one thoroughly you'll see there are some folks who have given good suggestions about where Ostman may have been. From there you can zoom in and start searching. :)

Guest BFSleuth

I thought I might have found some possibilities for the hanging hidden valley, but none of them had high canyon walls as described in Ostman's account.

Guest Kerchak

Care to elaborate and locate? Ostman may not have been accurate (if indeed his story was actually true).