Siege At Honobia: Attracting The Predators

Guest SquatchinNY

IIRC, that was pretty much the conclusion everybody came to. The BF saw "easy pickings" with all that deer meat in one place, but didn't count on the humans going for the "bang sticks".

Guest BFSleuth

The BF saw "easy pickings" with all that deer meat in one place, but didn't count on the humans going for the "bang sticks".

The "bang sticks" may have been an attractant. From the BF perspective they were observing humans using "bang sticks" and spotlighting deer (illegal poaching). Every now and then the "bang stick" would go off, then a wounded deer would sometimes come running past them into the woods. Thehumans didn't collect every body of a deer they shot.

Mr. H******* who was renting that place was planting peas in his yard to attract deer which he shot from the back porch to feed his family and "The Locals" became attracted to this behavior to ****** the deer as they got shot and started hanging out close and often. After getting bolder and getting into the outside deep freezer to rob the meat and scaring the crap out of the family. They finally started to shoot at them and claim to have nailed one in the head and it was carried off by two others. A truck driver that night stopped at Shawna's store at the corner and came in reporting he saw two bigfoot carrying another across the road in front of his truck. Of course then rain came promptly and washed away the blood and brain matter before the BFRO could arrive and save the day. Thats the story as i know it from Mr H****** brother.

Guest poignant

Classical conditioning at work here. Pity there wasn't any good video/footage from the incident that we publicly know of.

Guest TexasTracker

I think it still rates as one of my favorite stories... Does anyone know what the final guess was on this event? Is it widely accepted as told?

Was a perfect chance for capture or video.....................darn. Hate to hear about them getting shot.

Edited by georgerm

I think it still rates as one of my favorite stories... Does anyone know what the final guess was on this event? Is it widely accepted as told?

Depends on who you ask. BFRO, for example, at one time touted Honobia as one of the best documented set of encounters in modern times, then after it had the falling out with the principals (primarily because the org got greedy and pushy and tried to manhandle the situation), did everything it could to make them look like hoaxers or worse.

And I'm sure the usual suspects will chime in with "no body,=no proof,=didn't happen" sooner or later.

When you know the location well and one of the people directly involved it isn't hard to believe . The area has and still does have BF activity. Most recent sightings were less than a month ago and hardly a mile from the old Humphrey's residence.

No disrespect meant here at all (I love the story and am fascinated with it)....but this is what frustrates the heck out of me...

We have a family that is locked in near hand to hand combat with bigfoot, or at least is "interacting" with them on a nightly basis, and yet there is no photos/videos. But when researchers show up the totally unafraid bigfoots now become afraid again and the best that is seen is chance eye shine...as soon as the experts leave...BOOM game on again and bigfoot is like Santa Claus trying to climb down the chimney every night!

The family has been having these problems with an aggressive bigfoot for months, yet when researchers contact them, they are so unwilling to hold fire for ONE or TWO DAYS....cmon...if you've been locked into shooting at bigfoot almost every night for weeks, couldn't you take a night off so some folks could come in and install some video cameras or better yet game cams....sheesh....install one game camera on the porch and you won't find a bigfoot within several miles of the place.

This extreme gulf that seems to exist between the blobsquatches we have to try to believe in and then the part of the population that seems to be over-run with bigfoot is really hard for me to deal with. Don't get me wrong...I am not a show-me-a-body type....I am a believer. But really, if you have that many sasquatch that are coming that close to your house and are that agressive, it would be super easy to document this stuff....or better yet allow and expert to live with you for a few nights and verify the action.

Edited by asarjip

Guest BFSleuth

My read on the situation in regard to the family is that they weren't motivated to document the species or even document the events, given that they were poaching. They contacted the BFRO to get their help to get rid of the problem as a last resort. It's not like they would want to contact law enforcement for help and have them start searching the property. It might be that they just wanted more firepower to join them, but when the BFRO showed up and wanted to passively observe and that they were "no-kill" I think they pretty much said, "No way! I'm protecting my family and my property!".

Regarding the behavior of BF, if they have been interacting with a set of known humans in the house and suddenly a group of new humans arrive, they very well may be more cautious to assess the new situation.

Asarjip, don't take this wrong but have your ever done any work in the field? I am talking about going out with other researchers overnight in areas of reports and also have you interviewed any eye witnesses? Using the words "Over run" and assuming the people we're already versed in all things Bigfoot like they were researchers already during this event would not be accurate. People are generally terrified and in panic in these situations. Also most seasoned researchers will tell you if new people show up in an area of aledged habitation or frequent occurances, most of the time activity ceases or is minimal. For example, the weekend of recen sightings there occurred only after small group remained after many more folks had left the camp area. Too many folks around will drive them back.

no offense taken, I'm not blaming or trying to cast doubt at all. Sorry if my frustration came out that way. I just marvel from my perpective that there seems to be two different groups of people.

1) The ones I'm a part of that squint and strain at what little video and photographic evidence that exists.

2) The ones who seem to be in areas of such high activity that they "interact" with bigfoot on a regular basis...thus my use of the term "over run".

Again, no negative comments meant. I just wish these two worlds could come closer to one another.

And trust me, I know all about the fear aspect. My sighting still chills me to this day and it was 25 some odd years ago!

Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread