Bears.. Are They Afraid Of Sasquatch (Top Alpha Predators)?

Perhaps if we could ask the Native American's did they fear and respect a bear more than BF?

Are you serious with your opinion of BF? Have you not read some of the reports, not even from NA's in yester-year, but some from present day hunters? Have you not read some of their testimonies that they haven't been hunting SINCE seeing one? Where some people state they didn't even think of shooting a BF because they doubt it would have stopped them?

Are you trolling us....do I need to copy/paste some accounts?

All conjecture. Theres no way to verify reports of an animal thats still an unknown species. Theres a reason many people dont go out hunting again after seeing a griz, they may never do anything again, and thats a fact. Sure bigfoot may in fact be real but for those who havnt actually seen one stories are just that, stories. Its been proven many times that guns can be virtually worthless in a bear encounter.

His opinion vs your opinion, no ones a troll until somethings proven

Com'on man really, I'm standing there with a gun that just took down an elk, most likely with others armed and biggies running us/them off with rocks.

The only reason bears run off hunters is because the hunters can't shoot them, it's going to get someone killed if it hasn't already.

But it is a great example of how smart (or dumb maybe) a bear is.

A hunter's mistake in Griz country is that he follows protocol. You unload your rifle for safety and you lean it against that tree over there, and then you turn your back to the world hunker down and concentrate on field dressing your elk.

And yes from endangered species laws in the lower 48, it is unlawful to kill a Grizzly bear because you are trying to protect your kill. If a Griz comes in as a hunter you are obligated to give that bear your kill.

It's all speculative fun anyways, but I'd say an adult male sasquatch would win in a fight against a large bear (be it grizzly, brown, etc..). He'd have many more attacking options in my opinion. He could hurl large rocks at it, swing small trees around, and if they met in close combat- the squatch has hands it can grab on and throw the bear around with. Remember, the native ameican people called sasquatch "boss of the woods", not the bear.. Just something to chew on.. It'd be an epic sight (scary, crazy, sad..).

Edited by Whistler

DWA Both J. Robert Alley and John Green and J Bindernagel report the rocks thrown to intimidate people who are dragging a kill..some drop it some fight on and the only person I recall ever actually getting hit by a rock was a security guard in Alaska in Raincoast Sasquatch by Dr. Alley. There may be more but its interesting the accuracy of so many reports. Just citing the literature I have read about this.. few of my interactions of people describe this behavior. I dont know of any hunters that have had this happen. I do have a friend who was with two guides in Colorado.. and something came into camp and made a horrible racket with yells, growls, and threatening vocalizations. This is an unwritten report. One of the guides has now passed away. After the incident years later he commicated back with that fellow who told him that was the first time he had that experiece. A key part of it was they never got sleep that night, camped out of the area and then stayed awake the second night at the second location standing at the fire. The reason was they were followed and it vocalized around them all night long. They at the time attributed it to grizzly. It was never seen but the rummaging around their campsite the first night was similar to a lot of Sasquatch reports. Plus officially there are no grizz in Colorado but thats been questioned now by various experts... you wonder if the pressuring of them may have been in correlation that they were hunting elk... after the second night it backed out.

There are reports of Sasquatch being chased by dogs. There are also reports regarding cattle being preyed upon by Sasquatch.. size is everything..

norseman accuratly pictured the hybrid bear above. The story about the large brown bear can be found here. I still find it very interesting how easy it is to mis-quote, mis-identify verifiable stories such as this bear story - yet people seem so steadfast in the facts about a yet unproven reclusive animal that they have probably never seen. ^^ The fact wheel above made me laugh.

norseman accuratly pictured the hybrid bear above. The story about the large brown bear can be found here. I still find it very interesting how easy it is to mis-quote, mis-identify verifiable stories such as this bear story - yet people seem so steadfast in the facts about a yet unproven reclusive animal that they have probably never seen. ^^ The fact wheel above made me laugh.

Spot on. Ive always been a fan of the big guy and the possibilty that it exists. But reason should dictate that we really know so little, so far theres been no video documentation of the bigfoot version of tim treadwell living out of a tent smack dab in the "sasquatch maze".

Edited by KeepingTheBlade

Admin

I bet even a Big Bruiser like this would run from Bigfoot.

What kind of strength would a 1200 lb primate have ? Speed ? Intelligence ? Would be it lowered to the equivalent to a 150 lb man and a 150 pound grizzly ? Too many unverified questions ? Its like we know about the grizzly... do we know about the primate ? I think they avoid ea other personally..... Judging by what people think... seems the grizzly would easily have the advantage. Next Q how big do Sasquatch get ? I think thats a question that could be argued about all day..starting with no verification of species. WHY is that ? Coffee time.. lol

Guest Cervelo

IMO most size estimate are way high.

It's a very common phenomenon with hunters and fisherman to overestimate the size of an animal, then upon kill/catch its never as big as you thought.

Then consider less experinenced people in stressful situation it just gets bigger.

It's all speculative fun anyways, but I'd say an adult male sasquatch would win in a fight against a large bear (be it grizzly, brown, etc..). He'd have many more attacking options in my opinion. He could hurl large rocks at it, swing small trees around, and if they met in close combat- the squatch has hands it can grab on and throw the bear around with. Remember, the native ameican people called sasquatch "boss of the woods", not the bear.. Just something to chew on.. It'd be an epic sight (scary, crazy, sad..).

Most who vote bear are STILL thinking of BF as just a NA ape, I guess that would be the reason?

Our hands (humans) give us a tremendous advantage over animals, even those equipped with claws. There's so much more we can do because we have hands and thumbs. What puts us at a disadvantage is our domestication, our lack of strength (even in proportion to our weight) and our overall fragile nature.

Now if we removed those hindrances like a BF is.....there would be no land mammal we would have to fear. Imagine if our hands were hard enough to punch a bear in its head and knock it out. I personally know a guy who knocked out pit bulls by punching them in the head. Most of us couldn't do that, but this guy has large, very hard hands.

When has a hunter come upon a bear kill where it is feeding on a squatch? I remember reading that in colorado there was a problem where the BF were killing grizzly however by tearing their lower jaw off. I believe the poster Knuck supplied this?

If I were a bear I'd fear the hairy guys, especially the tall, muscled up males. I think a hairy guy could rip the bears arms off as easily as it could a puny little hairless human like us. :superman:

I wont go into how I know but I can asure you bears will not confront a bigfoot

I dont want to suggest you say something you arent comfortable making public, but if you make a claim like this and also claim you have evidence to back it up, you should present the evidence.

• masterbarber locked this topic