• Announcements

• masterbarber

If you are having problems with the new software   07/10/2016

If your login name is different than your username- you will need to use your username to login. The new software will only recognize one of the two and we selected username- because that applied to a majority of the membership. If you are having problems with the new software, list the exact issue in the glitch list thread in the "forum discussion" section. Do not send PMs or email to staff- you will not receive a solution to your problem. 
imonacan

Stories, Encounters, Or Incidents From Se Asia

35 posts in this topic

That's kinda what I was thinking. I had to look the name up, it's called Hypertrichosis or The Werewolf Syndrome. I have no doubt that in some parts of the World the people with this disorder are treated badly. Likely due to misinformation or probably a complete lack of information about the disorder. The ape people in the Thailand story were probably just people with Hypertrichosis. Since the story dates back to the early 80's if I remember correctly, that would seem to work better with the Hypertrichosis explanation as well.

I think it is possible for some sort of ape-like creatures to be on the mainland in Thailand though. The numerous "Rock Ape" stories from Vietnam hint that it's possible. But, if there are any creatures there, I'm confused about the lack of reports coming out of Thailand. The odds are not very promising it would seem.

My wife said she hadn't heard of anything Bigfoot related or hairy people while she was in Thailand. I think she discovered the legend of Bigfoot only after arriving in the US. :lol: Chris B.

You mean like this guy, Yu Zhenhuan in China?

yuzhenhuanhypertrichosi.jpg

Yes, that was in Bhutan, in south Asia. I don't remember any conclusions about the tracks, but the hair sample turned out to be "unknown primate" .

I agree, Susiq2.. the archives from the old forum, would be a benefit, and add more to this discussion.

I so appreciate your input. I'll ask again if they have had success recovering some of our important to us forum posts. My count for postings would increase. :) a whole lot!

Edited by Susiq2

Why not shave her face daily? If that were my daughter, that's what I'd do. Yikes, that poor child, my heart breaks for her. Life is hard enough just being normal looking. I've been told that I'm pretty from my hubby, and I think that women want to have their special person think that they are pretty or beautiful, or special in some way..

:ph34r: Looks can and will shape a person, especially a woman, IMHO.. :ph34r:

I have self assurance because of my appearance, but I also have a heart, and deeply care about other people, and their welfare.I don't worry about how I look anymore, I care about what is in my heart and soul. That child will need a very supportive environment, and someone needs to shave her face daily.

Is face shaving not an option? Lazar did not work, but what about a razor? :o

Why not shave her face daily? If that were my daughter, that's what I'd do. Yikes, that poor child, my heart breaks for her. Life is hard enough just being normal looking. I've been told that I'm pretty from my hubby, and I think that women want to have their special person think that they are pretty or beautiful, or special in some way..

:ph34r: Looks can and will shape a person, especially a woman, IMHO.. :ph34r:

I have self assurance because of my appearance, but I also have a heart, and deeply care about other people, and their welfare.I don't worry about how I look anymore, I care about what is in my heart and soul. That child will need a very supportive environment, and someone needs to shave her face daily.

Is face shaving not an option? Lazar did not work, but what about a razor? :o

Whislt she's receiving global attention & the chance of $$ is there, there's no way in the World she'll be shaved..

As I remember, one of the Rock Apes threads on BFF 1.0, did have some interesting accounts from the Montagnards in the Highlands, near military operations as I remember (Viet Nam era of course), doesn't mean stuff didn't happen before and after that time period of course.

Vilnoori, that guy looks like he certainly has the syndrone. I guess the most popular guy today is the Mexican circus guy. But, that's sad in a way because that circus atmosphere is getting pretty darn close to the freak show, and I have issues with that type of exploitation. Chris B.

I have a lot of interest in South Korea and have always wondered why there don't seem to be any reports of BF type creatures in Korea as they do have some rugged mountain areas. There is the wild man of China, the Yeti in Tibet, then have heard of wild men in Vietnam and Philipines, but not in the Koreas. Seems like I remember the Minnesota Ice Man was rumored to have been found in Vietnam if I remember the story correctly. Why no Korean Bigfoots? Don't they like kimchee??

I can personally attest that "rock apes" bipedal of not, were 100% real. I had a conversation with my dad about bigfoot, and he brought up the stories his very close friend who fought in Vietnam told him. I guess they were real big and through real big rocks at them. He told my dad they were called rock apes.

Edited by Carl

I can personally attest that "rock apes" bipedal of not, were 100% real. I had a conversation with my dad about bigfoot, and he brought up the stories his very close friend who fought in Vietnam told him. I guess they were real big and through real big rocks at them. He told my dad they were called rock apes.

Thanks Carl, for sharing this.

I have recently spoken to another combat Vet, that I have gotten to know at work (him cleaning up and getting ready to leave, and me..just coming in). Last week, he pulled up his pant leg, and showed me the extensive scarring and reconstruction of his leg, that was mangled by a claymore mine explosion. I decided to ask him about "Rock Apes". He broke into a big grin and asked me.."How did you know about them?" I explained, that one Vet had told me (and others) about them... without anyone asking. I plan on talking to him more about this topic.

When I look at the species list of primates for Vietman... Rock Ape, (or any great ape) is not included:

http://www.primate-sg.org/apetaxa.htm

Not on the list of smaller primates for the country...either :

http://www.primate-s...vietnam.spp.htm

My thoughts... Something is (or was) there, that all these Vets were seeing, that science has (so far) missed.

Are these Rock Apes really a Sasquatch type creature or just a monkey? What kinda size and facial features are we talking about? Are there any Vietnamese stories about their origins, etc?

Are these Rock Apes really a Sasquatch type creature or just a monkey? What kinda size and facial features are we talking about? Are there any Vietnamese stories about their origins, etc?

These are all good questions, Tsalagi. I don't have many answers... other than what I've heard from Vets, and have read on the internet. Here is a decent link, and you can go from there, if interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batutut

The creature (whether an ape, man ape, or something else) is called several different names. No idea, if all the names are in regards to the same creature.. but it seems like that could be possible... as is.. with the many names here in N. America, for sasquatch.

Monkeys have tails, and are not as large, as what has been described.. so I would be more confident (although, not certain), to rule out an undiscovered species of monkey.

There are stories in Vietnamese folklore on the" Batutut", and "Nguoi Rung" .

The Orang Asali natives have many stories about the Mawas in Malyasia. The first picture is the science station in Endau Rompin where Briggs Hall, Michael Durham and Myself stayed. The second picture is an Orang Asali stilt home from the same Johor area.

I've posted these before...but they're pretty clear in their conclusions!

tirademan

post-325-056952600 1308454220_thumb.jpg

post-325-043092900 1308454229_thumb.jpg

...Anyone reading or lurking, that has info or stories... please add it here. If you are not comfortable with telling the story on a public forum, or even joining this one (but hope you do smile.gif), you are welcome to email me personally, ( imonacan@gmail.com ) and know, that if requested... your story and info, will go no further than me.

Anyone with other worldwide information, outside of SE Asia and the Pacific region.. please do.. start a thread, and include it in this "International Sightings" folder.

Good stuff IOAC.... hopefully we will get some takers.

Tirademan, re: your USMC account/article above, what four ft. ape jumps concertina wire in a single-bound? LOL