Sasquatch Alert Sign Posted By Usfs @ Big Pine Creek, Ca

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Yea the BFRO has it posted as well as others already. Trolling the forums? your too funny Art, LOL. Live long and prosper.

T :)

Edited by tracker

Guest poignant

"It is a hoax. I can tell from the pixels as I've seen many hoaxes before in my time."

No really, I think it's a prank.

Spelling errors (not that the govt is above making typos) and the use of a BF sketch image that has been floating around for a while is only invitation for the agency to get sued by the original artist.

Guest BFSleuth

So far, from what I've gathered on other forums, NFS in the Inyo jurisdiction was called. They have already seen the posts and had a good laugh about it.

I work for the Forest Service and this looks very fake to me. We don't have District Managers...we have District Rangers. We would also put a space number of the host and a phone number of the ranger station to report to. We also wouldn't use the GPO (Government Printing Office) to print a single sign...we just print it off the machine, laminate it, and post it up. Spelling errors are common though, we are the government after all...

• Upvote 1

Looks silly. This is not the way I would expect the government to demonstrate that it recognizes the wood ape as a species. It'll be on Fox News weeks/months before signs are posted.

Guest BFSleuth

Any takers on how quickly mainstream news picks up on this story and runs with it as factual? It took them about 24 hours to publish the recent Ohio video hoax off the blogs.

Guest gerrykleier

I'm a Bookseller by trade and can tell you the GPO prints all sorts of official documents-Books, Booklets, Manuals etc. I've never seen them print a handbill or a poster though-at least in modern times, though perhaps in the 19th Century they did. And printing something for such specific locally focused material is also pretty much unknown to me.

It would make a great poster though! They should sell 'em! I'd charge a premium for 'reliced' examples-torn corners, staple holes etc. It would look a lot more authentic.

GK

Nope, no mainstream media taking this one on the air. It's a small time bs story that'll get little or no air play outside of the bf community online.

'If confronted by a Sasquatch, Stay Calm and Do Not Run!!"

too funny. That (evidently fake) sign looks like it's from the 50's! :D I saw this apparently official sign at a city park awhile back and I laughed for about 3 days (no joke:)

post-131-0-08594800-1346123796_thumb.jpg

That sign is still there by the lake where thousands of people have seen it over the years but, the sun has faded the words almost completely away. Luckily, there does not seem to be a spike in duck attacks around here lately. The sign should have said:

Never give a Dorito to a Goose

If you Accidently Give a Dorito to a Goose

Run like Hell!

Edited by xspider1

There is a big difference between a hoax and a prank.

If a poster like this but featuring a picture of a plesiosaur appeared near Loch Ness, no-one up there would think that it was a hoax. They would all recognise it as a prank. A giggle. The product of a sense of humour.

Surely this is the same?

Mike

Guest OntarioSquatch

I believe pranks considered a type of hoax. It's not a scam like Todd Standing's puppet show, but it's still a hoax nonetheless!

Yea the BFRO has it posted as well as others already. Trolling the forums? your too funny Art, LOL. Live long and prosper.

T :)

Well, it is important to note that you often make the mistake/error of posting things full of ambiguity as fact.

I'm reminded of all of the previous videos you've posted that needed the circles and such, and your previous thread of the PGF that promoted the long de-bunked theory of a massacre at Bluff Creek.

Sort of is what it is I reckon.

It wasn't Art1972 that questioned possible *trolling*. It was reported as such by another member. In fact, I think there were 4 reports regarding the thread.

Due to the uproar, the thread was temporarily closed so that Staff could discuss the issue and make a collective and informed decision on the matter.

Trolling, possible legal matters, and other issues were discussed among most of Staff.

In the end, the Forum Staff determined that it was standard procedure for you and in accord with previous ridiculous postings. So, it was determined it was not *trolling*.

Not too sure if that means you won or not.

It was further determined that legal ramifications would be moot or non-existant.

But a note of caution....Trolling this forum works both ways. Both skeptics and proponents can troll.

You skated by in a really close vote as some members of Staff felt as if it was trolling.

In the end, we decided to re-open the thread .

Made for a great learning experience for my Staff, but I think we all look forward to this thread dying out as it is obviously a fake and not worthy of too much discussion.

Guest tracker

Sure it's a fake HRP but interesting and the other forums have it posted already but new on here. Yea Tracker a troll because I challenged the staff and their friends from time to time after they post derogatory comments IMO about me & my research. Imagine that.

Hey I am still looking forward to you trying to out Squatch me in the field :) With that said what thread does the BFF staff post their Sasquatch research and videos in? I am sure the members would like to have a look at what they can do in the field.

oops forgot. jmo, I wouldn't want to get in trouble. T :)

Edited by tracker

Admin

Did you initially think it was fake or just when people started pointing out that the Forestry Service doesn't produce bulletins in this manner? The reason I ask is because you titled the Thread: Sasquatch Alert Sign Posted By Usfs @ Big Pine Creek, like it was a fact. Was that just to get an incredulous reaction out of some folks or did you really believe it?

The problem with posting questionable content is that if you do it enough, you become known for it.