Sasquatch Alert Sign Posted By Usfs @ Big Pine Creek, Ca

Guest tracker

I haven't posted any evidence of my research or videos. This is because I believe it is customary to actually have some evidence on a video before posting it. I don't believe that the membership wants me to have to explain to them what they're seeing or what they should be seeing, I believe they want to be able to see it clearly and plainly for themselves. Anything other than such is nonsense.

I wish that others would worry less about the evidence that I don't have and concentrate on improving the evidence that they themselves don't have.

Well folks, looks as though I'll pass on contacting the Inyo area Forest Service.

Appears this one is done. If anyone feels a follow-up is truly necessary, I'll fire off some e-mails/calls.

Thx.

Sure it's a fake HRP but interesting and the other forums have it posted already but new on here. Yea Tracker a troll because I challenged the staff and their friends from time to time after they post derogatory comments IMO about me & my research. Imagine that.

So let's look at that and explore it a bit further. Your thread is titled....*Sasquatch Alert Sign Posted By Usfs @ Big Pine Creek, Ca* which is pretty unambiguous.

In the OP you said that it looked *authentic* and that it would never be seen unless it was *authentic*.

Now you say that it was surely a fake. :blink:

Which is it?

You can't have it both ways friend.

So, if I take the latest post from you as your stance, and that you know it is a fake, yet you posted it as fact in the thread title and OP, then that would appear to be trolling.

Dang, although reported as such, it was found not to be because we felt like you believed the sign to be genuine.

Now you are admitting it isn't.

That sir, is trolling.

Gave you the benefit of the doubt on that previously. Mainly because we felt like you actually believed it might be a real sign.

Yea Tracker a troll because I challenged the staff and their friends from time to time after they post derogatory comments IMO about me & my research. Imagine that.

No, tracker may be a troll because he creates numerous threads stating them as fact and sees or thinks things that a clear majority of others don't.

And, the rules are really clear about challenging Staff. Here is a link to them to refresh your memory....

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Pay particular note to this portion...

3. Respect For The Forum and the Forum Staff

A. The Bigfoot Forums is owned by the Centre for Fortean Zoology and operated with the aid of volunteers that include a Steering Committee, Administrators and Moderators. Members of this Forum will follow the instructions of the Administrators and Moderators. Questioning their actions or motivations in public will not be tolerated. Members will practice common courtesy in dealing with the Staff and users of this Forum. Should you have an issue with the way a Staff member is behaving or disagree with a decision, you should first take it up with the Moderators. It is important to remember that this Forum is run solely on a volunteer basis.

B. Trolling (purposely posting messages designed to alarm, antagonize, or provoke other users) will not be tolerated. The staff -- not the users -- will determine if someone is trolling. The Staff encourages members to report posts that may be considered trolling.

So that should be that. Not your role to challenge Staff and if you do so you should expect the same in return.

Nobody has posted derogatory statements about you or your research. Remember that you posted them initially, then asked that they be reoved when folks started saying they did not see what you claim to have captured.

If you post something as fact, and need circles or other means of pointing out what you claim, and still folks do not see it, then you don't have squat.

Hey I am still looking forward to you trying to out Squatch me in the field :)

Dude, with all due respect and in all sincerity, I could walk to my mailbox with a video camera and show as many BF as I've seen in the videos you have posted.

With that said what thread does the BFF staff post their Sasquatch research and videos in? I am sure the members would like to have a look at what they can do in the field.

Well, there is much more content in the Premium Area. It will cost you $20.00 for a yearly membership but you should join.

I wish you would as I can be much more candid there than I can on The General Forum.

The problem with posting questionable content is that if you do it enough, you become known for it.

Isn't that the truth? Sort of what we ran into in dealing with the reports.

Hard to deem it trolling as it seemed *tracker* believed the sign to be real. Especially when the other claims by him were considered. Most seemed ridiculous but for something to be deemed as *trolling* there has to be some measure of intent.

Now he's saying *Sure it's a fake* and such.

Dunno, we might have *goofed* in our initial interpretation after reading that.

Posts have meaning, and if after a time one garners the reputation for incredulity, then that will catch up with them.

Guest tracker

Sure it must be a fake in theory because would the forest service have the courage to post a sign like that? But other then that it's a pretty good looking notice if you have seen bear warnings before. They look the same and forest workers also make spelling errors.

So with that said lets see some of your mail box videos of Sasquatch then HRP. I challenge you to better me on that part if it allowed?

T :)

Edited by BFSleuth
Rule 3A

Guest poignant

I haven't posted any evidence of my research or videos. This is because I believe it is customary to actually have some evidence on a video before posting it. I don't believe that the membership wants me to have to explain to them what they're seeing or what they should be seeing, I believe they want to be able to see it clearly and plainly for themselves. Anything other than such is nonsense.

I wish that others would worry less about the evidence that I don't have and concentrate on improving the evidence that they themselves don't have.

Good post STC.

The boy who cried wolf didn't get much respect in the end.

Personal rule of thumb is:

- if it is not obvious

- if I have to squint hard

- if I have to change color palettes/channels

- if I have to find faces in the foliage

it is not good evidence (if evidence at all).

Asking to up the bar a little never hurt.

Tracker, intimidation does not offer much here. This sign has been on many blogs and posted before as a fake. I for one don't even consider myself as a "researcher", I am merley having encounters that I discussed here among my friends, both pro and against the validity of the subject this forum is about. Why do you challenge everyone? Maybe be open to reading and thinking of a response to "challenge" in a respectful manner would open yourself up to more serious considerations to your comments. I enjoy sharing experiences and would love to see more from everyone. But, some folks make agreements to honor confidences, that should be respected as well.

KB

The staff here have a tough job when it comes to making calls like this. At first, I thought, "Good, I am glad they decided to let the members discuss this, research it, and state their opinions while also giving Tracker the benefit of the doubt".

However, after reading Tracker state that "sure it's a fake" as if he knew when he posted that it was, but still chose to name the thread the way he did.... stating a fact basically that "Sasquatch Alert Sign Posted By Usfs @ Big Pine Creek, Ca" rather than something like "Check out this fake poster" (if even post it at all) really disappointed me. I opened the thread thinking I was going to possibly read about a real poster that was really posted by the Forest Service - which honestly would be a BIG DEAL!

I think the staff did a good job of weighing the pros and cons based on the info they had at the time. But it saddens me and kind of upsets me to see any member knowingly encourage hoaxes, fakes and state them as facts. (and notice I said amy member, so as not to single any one member out).

JMO- and it probably doesn't mean anything. But HRP, I agree with your latest assessment of the whole situation.

Thanks the the staff for your patience in dealing with the day to day "Stuff" that you have to deal with! That's the whole point that I wanted to make.

Guest BFSleuth

Thank you for your vote of confidence chelefoot.

At this point I think it might be better to turn the discussion of this thread to the OP and the poster. The subject of Tracker is better left for another thread.