" How To Have An Interaction " By Morehead

Guest VioletX

Your welcome. They really are intelligent. They're definitely curious and like to watch us. My first experience that included a first visit to the area and an approach from both sides by at least 2 may very well have fooled them. It only happened once like that though. They may have thought another one was entering their domain and they approached calling out to see who it was.

I've found that they'll move around a patch of forest apart from each other. A second close vocal incident almost a year after my first showed me this as well as the first incident.

I believe one called out just after I passed it. It called out to its mate which was roughly a hundred yards towards where I was walking. It was warning the other. The other called back immediately to confirm.

I called out to let them know I knew it was them. They did nothing. I looked for the one close to me but believe I was going the wrong way as I probably would have been growled at if I got too close.

Their voice is huge. It fills the area and can be difficult to pinpoint because it seems everywhere.

A native drum may bring them in. I can't say. It's up to them. They may approach out of curiosity. It's ALWAYS on their terms.

All you can do is persist and hope they approach. If they're blatant about their approach and vocalize, it could possibly change your life. It did mine!

I've never stopped since, only growing in my knowledge and areas of activity since the start.

Hooking up with someone who knows the truth is a big plus. I've been lucky meeting someone with a lifetime of experience with them.

Listen intently. A wood knock may be answered or not. It could come instantly or when least expected. One never knows with this species.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Do you stay still for a long while after initiating a knock?

Guest thermalman

Is this a deer hunting fourm?

LOL, don't run and hide now Cerv, .........you opened the can of worms! ;)

Maybe you should use one of your kills to draw in BF.........keep the camera warm.... :pic:

Hopefully, you get your blobsquatch.

Edited by thermalman

Kerry,

Your comparision is complete malarkey!!

I can go to where deer are and shoot them on a regular basis, it has nothing to do with luck;)

I don't think what Kerry posted... is complete malarkey , Cervelo. Are you saying .. that most times, you will come back with deer or trophy game , while out hunting ? .. or am I misunderstanding ? Guess I was not much of a deer hunter (when I did do it, many years ago) ;) .

Having an interaction or activity (for the average researcher / investigator.. that does not live next to a sasquatch clan).. has Everything to do, with luck. You can sit out in an area that has had many sightings / activity and have nothing happen (more often, than not), and than another time (rarely).. it does happen. I don't proclaim to know why (because I don't).. but that is the way it's been for me, and others I know. Familiarity (the subject to the person out there) could be the key.. or maybe something much more random (like Luck)... right place, right time, right subject(s) .

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Do you stay still for a long while after initiating a knock?

Not usually. Just listen intently. A foot scrape may cover up a return so listening intently is key. You'll find in time your hearing will improve with distant sounds.

My hearing isn't the greatest but I still hear things in the distance that others don't because of squatching.

Guest VioletX

Not usually. Just listen intently. A foot scrape may cover up a return so listening intently is key. You'll find in time your hearing will improve with distant sounds.

My hearing isn't the greatest but I still hear things in the distance that others don't because of squatching.

Thanks, I bet your eyesight is sharper too ;}

(But maybe one can accomplish that trying to decipher Blobsquatches on-line)

-minus the headache

Edited by VioletX

Guest Cervelo

Kerry,

Your comparision is complete malarkey!!

I can go to where deer are and shoot them on a regular basis, it has nothing to do with luck;)

See the word trophy in here anywhere folks?

Edited by Cervelo

VioletX: Ron & toejam are shooting straight with you. Over the years I have noted it may take as much as 45 minutes to an hour after you make a call for the animals to actually come in quietly, check you out, and decide whether or not they want to try to interact with you. That decision will be made depending on whether or not they believe you are calm, unconcerned and pose no real threat to them. Showing fear or excitement by the slight noises they make while they cautiously check you out during their first meeting with you is a show stopper. Once they are confident you are no threat, they will remember and recognize you, your vehicle and the sounds it makes. If you leave food for them during your first contact, you should use the same call as you made the first time when you return to that area. (You may not have to call them to get them approach you later, they will recognize the sound of your vehicle.)

The "call" can be ANY loud, long, non-aggressive vocal call you choose to make. The best time to make those calls is late at night. The U of AR's " Hog" calls works fine, even outside the state. :ok:

Edited by Branco

Thanks Toejam!

Good specific info.

Do you think that they are reacting to the loud noise in a wish to communicate? For some reason I do not think most of them are fooled by woodknocks, but maybe I am wrong. Do you think that a person drumming on one of those big mama Native American drums would work? (not that I have one of those,lol, but I do have a drum)

Drum is on my list of things to pack in. Shhhhhh. Lower frequency high power. Remember the thumpers from Dune? An auto drum that would beat via solenoid. Where is the R & D department? :) By my hypothesis they would be compelled to investigate the alien but interesting sound. especially if it was free of human smell and obvious human traffic.

Edited by Woodswalker

Guest VioletX

VioletX: Ron & toejam are shooting straight with you. Over the years I have noted it may take as much as 45 minutes to an hour after you make a call for the animals to actually come in quietly, check you out, and decide whether or not they want to try to interact with you. That decision will be made depending on whether or not they believe you are calm, unconcerned and pose no real threat to them. Showing fear or excitement by the slight noises they make while they cautiously check you out during their first meeting with you is a show stopper. Once they are confident you are no threat, they will remember and recognize you, your vehicle and the sounds it makes. If you leave food for them during your first contact, you should use the same call as you made the first time when you return to that area. (You may not have to call them to get them approach you later, they will recognize the sound of your vehicle.)

The "call" can be ANY loud, long, non-aggressive vocal call you choose to make. The best time to make those calls is late at night. The U of AR's " Hog" calls works fine, even outside the state. :ok:

Thanks Branco, your insights are very helpful :thumbsu:

Hog calls huh...well then...practice, practice practice!

Never tried hog calls, but hey I'm open to suggestions. Oink or snort, or what? Squealing? Mostly I just whistle and let them know I'm there.

See the word trophy in here anywhere folks?

My error (and apology), for inserting that word "trophy" into the conversation. I guess the hunting, would include button bucks, bambis, and does.

Does not change the opinion (mine), that having an interaction with sasquatch (or most known wildlife), has Everything to do.. with luck.

There is no luck with the Bigfoots,they either want to enjoy your company or not. This is just how it is with them when it come to interaction with them.You call they come if they like ,if not oh well there will be another day.But they sure do surprise you when they do,and of course you are never ready.Every hunting season that I have been out i have had some contact but have never really tried to get any proof and never really wanted to either.Why should i ,so that everyone can argue over on how fake or that it is a hoax or whatever. Nope ,better to just go out and to enjoy their company whether it may be fearfull or not. but hey! at least i know they are real and have learned alot about the wild life.

What Ron has said is true and you have heard what Toejam and others have said .So maybe it is time to change tactics rather then argue over skeptismn and what ever else people and human nature like to argue over.Learn from mistakes and improve on them and make the contact and make it count.These beings or creatures are out there for some reason and they choose who they want to make their contact with.If we go out there acting like hunters sure they are going to act agressive and stray away.after all they have been observing our behavior and the way we act around other animals so they understand how humans are with weapons.

My own sepculation of why they are seen by hunters is that maybe: they are there for the easy game. Less effort easy game and all they have to do is wait.But again what the heck do i know right,they are out there to survive.People should listen to the wise ,the truth is out there and all you have to do is observe.