The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

Well Nathan, I for one have been supporting the project in the Science thread, and while I wish I had the freedom that you have and being 30 younger I would be

joining you in the field! So suffice it to say that you are going for yourself, but also for allot of us who cannot do to circumstances enjoy such an adventure. It should

be productive in my perspective, tracking and observing are the standard methods of field biologists as you well know. The time being spent is of the utmost importance and

I think some of these creatures will become quite used to your presence, and maybe this will lead to something special being documented. The shear presence of a 

team for that period of time is bound to attract attention from these creatures, care must be taken to not appear threatening and to gain some trust. I will eagerly await

updates on the project, but knowing someone like yourself is on the team is reassuring.

Here is my interview with William Barnes, hope you can ignore the beeps from my phone recording app,

but He shares some stuff I have not heard elsewhere.  He also still needs runners to help the ground team

stay supplied as well as welcoming any funding offered for the long term needs of the project, any contributions

can be made directly to Idaho State University in the name of the "Falcon Project". If you have further questions

William welcomes your phone calls  435 215 3054, trust me I know...he answered my e-mail within minutes, and

my phone calls the first attempt, and when I asked for 15 minutes of his time he gave me 1 1/2 hours!

http://www.blogtalkr...-bigfoot-forums

• Upvote 2

To summarize what I took away from the interview, William has thought through quite a bit of the minutia involved in getting this done, he has a close friendship with the builder of the craft, which is a one of a kind, custom made, military grade surveillance craft using a propulsion system that is effective and quiet and allows great maneuverability, and range. While the craft is to be restricted to a 10 mile radius it has a 20 mile capability.can reach heights over 10,000 feet above see level and speeds up to 45 miles per hour.  The platform of the craft is 48 feet long, much larger than I imagined, the size is needed to carry it's payload. On board it is equipped with Thermal imaging, Inferred Night Vision, and HD filming, all observing through a very power full and large lense, fully motorized, and capable of facial recognition from a mile away. There is also Co2 recognition capabilities on board as well as redundancies in the camera chip to ensure no loss of signal, redundancies in the motor system and homing devices ensure it arrives back safely. The command and control center will  feature "recognition software"that will allow them to quickly identify subjects. It is very fuel efficient and durable, even if shot in the air it will still fly and can be patched. The mission of the craft will be centered over areas where the forest floor is in view, not densely forested areas.  It will be flying between mountains, but not during times of strong winds, primarily at night during the ground surveillance hours. To fly safely it will be shut down if winds are over 15 mph. Professional trackers will operate in the daylight locating sign of the creatures, and night surveillance will then be positioned. The teams will attempt to map out movements and determine the range of the creatures, and if possible capture film evidence in the process. Scat, hair, and any other form of retrievable DNA will be gathered under strict protocols. The FAA regulations for a research and education craft of it's kind require them to obtain permits and submits flight plans, the craft is fitted with a transponder and operation lights that make it identifiable to other crafts. They will be obtaining a COA for a 500 mile area to give you an idea of the ground being covered.  Realistically they will be able to observe roughly 30 acres of area during the night hours from the ground, but the craft will allow further observations.  The need for fresh track is essential, and that will be the initial phase of the project, mapping out tracks of the animal, by that I mean a track sign, not actual foot tracks, though that might be included in the sign as well.  The craft should be completed in the late summer and join the ground crews.  The exact amount and cost of the project is not known at present, but funding is in place to get the crew out and the craft started. It sounds like the project is dependent on income streams and donations from that point forward. The amount of raw footage being obtained will allow for many opportunities to fund the project. and everyone on the ground will be filming activities using go pros and other devices. Data will be collected as supplies are brought in to the ground team. and evidence will be vetted by a panel second to none including, Meldrum, Bindernagel, Munns, Redman, Myonczinski, Halfpenny, and others.

BFF Patron

Thanks for the info LCB, the CO2  element has got to be my favorite part of the whole research.   That must be a remarkably sensitive detector capable of finding individual humans or pods of Bigfoot. 

Edited by bipedalist

William specifically asked that I would post his phone number along with the statement that "he welcomes calls"

Delighted to see this project up and running. Never thought it would quite literally get off the ground.

Congratulations Nathan. Going to an amazing experience for you. Know a few of the guys on the team now so rooting for it to yield something of interest.

Regarding the carbon monoxide detection equipment.  Garnered from the military.  The military just doesn't let tech go out to the public until they have the next best thing in their hands.

This only reinforces my thoughts that if BF exists, the gov't is fully aware of the existence.

Nathan,

Best wishes to you and the whole Falcon Project team!

Regardless of the outcome, the experience will be educational, rewarding, and just plain fun.

BFF Patron

Regarding the carbon monoxide detection equipment.  Garnered from the military.  The military just doesn't let tech go out to the public until they have the next best thing in their hands.

This only reinforces my thoughts that if BF exists, the gov't is fully aware of the existence.

I hope that is dioxide?  But if BF gets too close to the ground teams campfires perhaps a voucher specimen will be cyanotic from CO. 

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Suesquach

Hi LCB, thanks for the interview and updates. This seems like an incredible field study. I can't wait to see it begin. Thanks to William Barnes and all other who've made this project possible!

Admin

William specifically asked that I would post his phone number along with the statement that "he welcomes calls"

Please thank him and advise him that we do not post anyone's personal contact information on the open forum. Perhaps you could invite him to join the BFF and then he would be able to discuss the project with folks who would really appreciate the interaction. He may even pick up some more volunteers.

BFF Patron

^ ahem I still see the number posted in another thread?  Just shoot me a PM if you want the link.  

One thing William communicated is he does not like typing out his responses, that is why I was able to speak with him personally,

all I asked for was a written response to a few questions, and that turned into an 1 1/2 interview with me giving him several outs 

to cut it shorter. So I guess he would rather disseminate information via an interview format. Down the road when the project gets

moving I will see if he is still as available. I am satisfied at this point that this spring will see the start of the whole process, but funding

might become an issue towards fall, still not 100% on whether he has enough to finish the craft and support the ground crews, though

that might be the case, he certainly has enough to get the ground crews going and make the 50% down payment on the craft, which itself

is in the $250.00 range for cost. I would have to estimate the cost of the ground crews to be minimal, $10,000 or less for supplies and food,

much of the equipment being used has already been donated, 10 thermals from FLIR for example, and the team is bringing some it their

own to round out the need.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot