The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

Some of those photos...my god.

I know right, they all look a bit chewy, have to send them in with some marinade and a tenderiser or squatch might not be interested.

BFF Patron

Sounds like Nathan will be on the nightshift with thermal according to his profile comments

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Thanks for the update, now that I am ambulatory, I will be getting out more in the night kitchen too.  

Guest thermalman

I am part of the ground crew and will be operating on the night shift, there is a load of information being assembled and plotted as the project is taking shape. I will be able to update here as some of the more important plans are more decided and set in motion.

Keep strong. It could be many years of nothing concrete? Those type of results can dishearten even the most dedicated. ðŸ‘

I am part of the ground crew and will be operating on the night shift, there is a load of information being assembled and plotted as the project is taking shape. I will be able to update here as some of the more important plans are more decided and set in motion.

Congratulations. Make sure you have the blessing of whomever is in charge before you give us the "inside baseball" stuff; don't want you to lose the privilege of being on the team. 

I must say this is exciting. I'm sure I'm not the only person around here who gets frustrated by the lack of "proper" research- you know, with large amounts of people and cutting-edge equipment. 

My only worry is that, if they find nothing (which is perfectly possible even if Bigfoots do exist) the non-believers will use that as "proof" that Sasquatch definitely don't exist and a project on a similar scale will never be managed again.

Still, fingers crossed!

My only worry is that, if they find nothing (which is perfectly possible even if Bigfoots do exist) the non-believers will use that as "proof" that Sasquatch definitely don't exist and a project on a similar scale will never be managed again.

My prediction is interference from the DEA, claiming they're disrupting investigations into illegal dope grows.

Guest lightheart

Nathan,

I have a couple questions about the project. Will all the team members be at the investigation sight all the time? When will the actual research begin? Are you able to tell us where the initial expedition will take place? ( Just asking for state or general area of the country)

Lightheart

I saw a discussion on Facebook. One of the members, Randy Harrington, said they can discuss most everything except location. (understandable) But, I'm not sure, they may be willing to say what area of the country.

Some tidbits that were shared for those who are not on Facebook:

The ground team will be placed in different locations on the ground in fixed positions. Not mobile positions. It will be a grid pattern where people are placed just beyond the visibility of other fixed position locations. We will be set into these spots by Trackers ( military?), and it will change nightly if needed to be able to survey likely spots of travel, like ridge lines or game trails etc. We will all be in contact with advanced technology communications as well as the command unit who will deploy the air camera if and when things advance on the ground.

The air camera will have facial recognition capabilities at the distance of a mile, The hand held units we will be utilizing in our fixed ground positions will have recording capabilities and 100 mm lenses, Maybe reduced to 60 mm lenses to reduce focusing problems.

We will have at least a two week period of time before deployment where we will be going over strategies and eqipment with the team and project developers. This includes thorough knowledge of the tech equipment we are using and all the info needed to maintain them, battery changes etc.

The camera's are supposedly a high end military grade thermal, Each ground member will have their own Flir camera which has been provided by Flir. I believe the air camera has actually been developed for this project, but I could be mistaken, it could just be the platform the camera is on was developed by a tech team. etc.

And Barnes added:

the range of the drone is up to 10 miles up to 6 -7 hrs fly time but the rest here is about wright, the camera on the drone is custom made

BFF Patron

^ Could you please reference this Facebook info.  Chele,  thanks, don't seem to be able to cull the wheat from the chaff with all the groups I'm in. 

^ Could you please reference this Facebook info.  Chele,  thanks, don't seem to be able to cull the wheat from the chaff with all the groups I'm in. 

Yah, facebook is pretty unhelpful too, keeps kicking you to top stories from most recent, miss a tonne of updates, then it will just plain forget to show you something for 12-24 hours.

BFF Patron

I hear where you are coming from seems like Meldrum hitched his wagon upon a star, explains a lot of the Bigfoot North rating stuff and purpose now.  Take what you can get and ditch the rest. 

Nathan,

I have a couple questions about the project. Will all the team members be at the investigation sight all the time? When will the actual research begin? Are you able to tell us where the initial expedition will take place? ( Just asking for state or general area of the country)

Lightheart

We will be onsite 24/7 staying at the base camp during the day for rest and night operations communications and then heading out to strategic observation posts for the night. We will be outfitted with high end thermal imaging equipment for our surveillance shifts as well as envirnmental data collection equipment. We not only will be in an area trying to detect sasquatch operating within the area but we will also be studying the ecosystem and wildlife utilizing it.

This is all in an effort to better understand what is going on in the area that makes the particular zone attractive to Sasquatch.

As to the location, we are looking at several locations of interest currently but nothing is set in stone due the on going collection of location data. We have to select an area where we can effectively observe by drone and by ground crew. I will be able to saymore as more is decided.