"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

Paulides quoted the Dennis Martin case so often simply because it was one of the few missing people stories where he could quote an eye-witness account which pointed to a BF as the culprit.

Since the books were published it has certainly changed the way some people will view a BF. I've heard lots of people say that they'll either avoid the woods or be extra careful when venturing into them. This is certainly a shame. Of course we should always be mindful when entering secluded area's but these are places to be enjoyed.

Melissa's concerns about the book are certainly valid. Would hate to think that a hunter who stumbles across a BF would be tempted to shoot and kill the creature due to the worry that they may be attacked or abducted by the BF. No matter how that scenario would eventually play out it wouldn't be good for either party.

hahaha, that was funny, NC. I'm here for at least the fifth time :) Suppose it's how you define things and what you believe about the way things are. That's one reason sasquatch is so fascinating... it really messes with the way most people believe things really are... and might not be.

I do admit I carry a "if bigfoot stole my kid, I'm never coming back until I find him" kit - which would most likely mean I'd be toast, too, but I'd never give up or stop trying, I hope.... It's also why I'm trying to be super careful out there when I have him with me. Ha, he's dangerous enough to himself with all the stupid things he does, I am always trying to keep him safe and teach him while getting him out there to enjoy the great outdoors instead of inside with a book or computer/DSi games! Then again, he spent a week at camp with the possible BF troop in the woods nearby, with 300 other youngsters, and they were ALL fine, all summer, every summer.... I don't see FEAR as warranted, but caution certainly is....There's something to be said for the ones living nearer civilization... if they stole children or women, they'd blow their own cover and compromise themselves, and that seems to be the second to last thing they want to do while living closely to humans the way some of them apparently do (the first being very limited contact with a few people of their own choosing, apparently, but I do not know why they do that). Anyway... I'm rambling and need more coffee!

Edited by madison5716

If there is any validity to this, the implications are frightening. I'd love to submit a FOIA request on this and see what comes up. If these animals are primates and opportunistic omnivores, there is no reason to doubt that specific individual animals might target a child. Imagine a large hungry loner male who has been some time without substantial sustenance, would they pass on such an easy opportunity? I don't see it as any less likely than a Grizzly targeting a small human, or a chimp targeting a small monkey.

...or a small child, which chimps are documented to have done.

I think for some people who have very "Harry and the Hendersons" preconcieved notions about the Squatch these books shatter that.........

But again, wild animals are............wild. And survival is a sometimes not pretty race against death itself. The predator is not the villian and the prey is not the victim, that's not how nature works. While I would defend my children to the death, I would not blame all bears or cougars because one tried to eat my child. They are simply trying to survive. And we humans even after walking on the moon and detonating the atom? Are still on the menu!

I read something interesting on the wikipedia entry for Ebu Gogo from a thread that Norseman started, that I thought I'd post here. Perhaps bigfoot is not eating our kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebu_gogo#Appearance_in_Nage_folklore

"They believe that the extermination, which culminated around seven generations ago, was undertaken because the Ebu Gogo stole food from human dwellings, and kidnapped children."

"There are also legends about the Ebu Gogo kidnapping human children, hoping to learn from them how to cook"

I read something interesting on the wikipedia entry for Ebu Gogo from a thread that Norseman started, that I thought I'd post here. Perhaps bigfoot is not eating our kids.

http://en.wikipedia....n_Nage_folklore

"They believe that the extermination, which culminated around seven generations ago, was undertaken because the Ebu Gogo stole food from human dwellings, and kidnapped children."

"There are also legends about the Ebu Gogo kidnapping human children, hoping to learn from them how to cook"

Wow, that is really interesting. It's funny how much of native lore merely gets ignored or swept under the rug, for example I watched a documentary not too long ago about cryptozoologists in the Amazon looking for giant spiders. They found that the local people always elevate there huts above ground level to stop spider encroachment, when one of the researchers asked if the huts were too keep out tarantulas the native replied "no, it's to keep out the big spiders".

http://en.wikipedia....n_Nage_folklore

Very interesting! Especially the "own language" and "parroting of sounds".

Squatch likes what Bobo likes- that's a fact. Last time I saw Bobo hiking with kids, I don't remember the scene where he's eating one of them... : P

I can totally see something with the capabilities of a squatch having a 100% success rate when they DO decide to prey upon people.

Not do to just their size and speed but do to their intelligence. If they are as some believe, as smart as people, they would understand the risk of someone escaping. Their intelligence would also allow them to judge suitable targets, so as to avoid armed hunters who could kill them and then get away. They've probably learned this in the past from dealing with N.A.'s.

If they see themselves as being different from us, I have no doubt some of their community will eat us!

Norse....Is the Missing 411 book worth buying? I've kind of avoided his stuff due to his affiliations.

110 percent. some stories are just snippets some are compelling.