"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

Guest truetalk

i would also add that i have a hard time believing that bigfoot is killing people and kids. i have no idea what they are doing but i dont think they are killing them. alot of them have bruising and scratches from running through the brush being carried sideways and some of them that were found dead imo died from that. in the ostman story i didnt seem like they intended to kill him obviously he didnt stick around to find out thier eventual plan

After listening to a large portion of David Paulide's interview, it seems hard to put it all together in a neat package. I know that he never says Bigfoot, but we all know what he is wanting us to think. I was thrown of by his willingness to just jump into the supernatural realm. Some of the cases sounded way more like human predators than Bigfoot, although if true, some of it is really strange; up mountains and across rivers! As for being scared to go hiking, no, but like many others here, it is a good idea to pay attention for all animals in the woods, maybe especially the human ones. A little off subject, but mentioned, for people who have solo camped at night in wilderness areas it is really easy to get freaked out. A large bug crawling through leaf litter sounds like an elephant or Sasquatch. While being a firm believer, but having never had any actual experiences, it is easy to see how someones imagination can run wild.

i think there should be territorial boundaries and the should be respected. this is something the natives did. or we can just keep on acting as if these things dont exist and people will keep paying the price. i feel really bad for anybody who would lose a loved one under these circumstances but imo information is witheld and people end up suffering because of it

You realize this is ONLY speculation? Right? There is no proof that this has anything to do with bigfoot?

While being a firm believer, but having never had any actual experiences, it is easy to see how someones imagination can run wild.

Exactly.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

I honestly believe one of our "human" short-comings, is that we tend to gravitate to the speculative and sensational, rather than looking for the rational and simple.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

Guest vasquatch1984

I honestly believe one of our "human" short-comings, is that we tend to gravitate to the speculative and sensational, rather than looking for the rational and simple.

Exactly. Humans always want an explanation to stuff that can't be explained. That's how we have urban legends and folklore etc. However, even urban legends and folklore have some degree of truth to them. Some is .001% truth and some have more, but it is still truth none the less. There has to be more to the Martin case then simply meets the eye. Its just all strange. Is it BF? Is it a bear? Is it alien or supernatural? Is it human? We will never know the answers to this case, but a lot of stuff doesn't add up. There had to have been some sort of assumed threat for there to have been so many troops called in, let alone elite Green Beanies. I'm still waiting on a response from my uncle on this one. The world is a very big place and sadly, science has yet to fully (if ever will) solve a lot of its wonders.

Although rare, we know bears, cougars, and other large animals sometimes attack humans. My last hiking trip in the Smokies I kept telling my son, we've got nothing to worry about from bears. Several weeks later we saw on the news where a young boy was attacked by a black bear by a stream on the same trail we had been on. If and when Bigfoot is proven real, we will have to account for another dangerous critter in the woods. If it is near human then we would expect a range of behavior that could include psychotic. Another time when I was young I went on a long trip to New Mexico and hiked for three weeks. Some kid in another group was bitten through his tent by a bear. The rangers hunted down and killed the bear and it was discovered the bear had a badly infected tooth and was acting crazy because of it. I would think that just like humans, Bigfoot would be motivated by a wide range of things. I have never seen a credible story of any one being harmed by Bigfoot, but again it is scary.

Many primitive cultures were cannibalistic, many Native Nations report BF are as well. This is an absolute no-brainer in certain areas of North America. The idea these are shy, elusive, friendly fuzzy's and not ''Eaters'' is fairly naive thinking.

Just like all predators are cute and nice and ''special'' till they maim and knaw on their trainers or owners. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or won't under other circumstances.

Guest vasquatch1984

Many primitive cultures were cannibalistic, many Native Nations report BF are as well. This is an absolute no-brainer in certain areas of North America. The idea these are shy, elusive, friendly fuzzy's and not ''Eaters'' is fairly naive thinking.

Just like all predators are cute and nice and ''special'' till they maim and knaw on their trainers or owners. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or won't under other circumstances.

heck, I've been attacked by a squirrel if that says anything. Not to mention, there are reports of cougars in that part of the world. A cougar could easily carry off an eight year old. Like I have said though, we won't know until we have real proof. I mean, bigfoot is an alpha predator, and almost all alpha predators will kill and eat whatever they can. So, to think that its not possible, is small thinking. I think it also depends on what other food sources are out there, desperate times, desperate measures....

This is an absolute no-brainer in certain areas of North America.

Cannibalism is a bit of a taboo (or understudied) in archaeology, although much more known today and much more widespread in the SW US than commonly believed

Your statement seems to refer to a particular culture or region of Bfs known today for cannibalism...? Can you elaborate?

Also, I find it interesting with so many NA coastal cultures that tribes within seemingly close regions had radically different views of their BFs..almost as though there are cultural band/clan variation in BFs as well...

Up till recently (and maybe still) we know of human cannibal tribes living next to non-cannibal

Edited by apehuman

Guest vasquatch1984

I'm sure, like humans, that they developed and evolved differently due to location. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they have different customs and cultures. I wonder if different "tribes" of bf's have different languges?

I think that urbanization of a majority of the population had lead us to forget a lot

On July 17, 1997, Mark Miedema (10) was with his parents and sister (6) camping in the Rocky Mountain National Park to Cascade Falls on the North Inlet Trail in the Summerland Park area near Grand Lake, Colorado.

On this day, they were all hiking and the family was working its way back down the trail when the 50 pound boy ran ahead of his family to check on some nuts he had put out earlier for the animals along the well-traveled trail.

He got out of sight, and when his family arrived at his location, all they could see was his feet and legs extending onto the trail from adjacent brush.

They thought he was fooling them at first. Then the cougar (which they first thought was a deer) attempted to drag him away. The cougar killed the kid.

I wonder, had the cougar dragged him deeper into the brush before the family had seen his feet, if he would have gone missing?

This is just one of many cases where we know the cause of death in a National Park because the parents saw it.

But what if they had not seen the culprit? or gotten to the exact location where the kid was dragged?

What if they had kept walking in the trail for a mile looking for him, and then it rained and tracks were lost?

Guest vasquatch1984

Yeah, that would be the Martin case we were discussing. I'm still baffled by it all to be honest. I reckon that every BF is different just like humans. There were also a lot of reports of a "decaying" smell encountered. most of them were tracked down and found to be dead animals, but I think several weren't explained. And no further mention wss made in the USPS official report. I can't say that all missing persons cases have a BF conection. In listening to the radio interview, and reading the books, it just leaves more questions then answers. I mean, the best explanation I can give is that that could be one explanation, but there is just so many things with this case that just don't make sense. I lived on the other side of the mountain from where this happened, and a lot of the locals say that there are mountain lions there, and I lived near a place called Panther Creek, so, that's a possibility. It is rugged country too, plus there's a lot of creatures out there that will easily finish what a larger critter started.