Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Guest VioletX

Haha, now I know how BFSleuth feels, I just heard RD say on his BTR show that the film will be out at either one of two, or both of these festivals...either Tribecca or SXSW.

I just predicted SXSW yesterday I believe,lol.

But then today I changed to Cannes after hearing the post with the date April or May from the PP.

ok, it is the little things that make me happy...

Guest BFSleuth

We can safely say that no Bigfoot's were harmed during the filming of this documentary.

+1 for your insight and a chuckle! :D

You know, I'm questioning the body too now. I am wondering if part of the story is true - that a Bigfoot did infact show and was filmed both by RD from his tent and by the film crew. However, maybe RD didnt shoot the bigfoot as claimed - he wanted to but somehow was prevented and this part is the hoax. If Minnow bring out a film with no Bigfoot in it at all, then RD is openly exposed as fabricating yet another hoax with double maybe triple the amount of enemies acquired already from his hoax back in 2008 to reek anger and that would just seem too dangerous for him. However, if the film is released and it does indeed show a Sasquatch (but no shooting), then RD can easily claim that the film company decided not to show the shooting and a whole new story about the body being taken away and never to be seen again yadda yadda? The anger from his enemies would be softened massively as the film had materialised and the shooting hoax would just get forgotten? hhmmmmm

I just sent a message via Facebook to katharine Patrick who is listed under the people section of minnow films. She is the only one of the names listed that I can find on any social network. I simply asked if she could share any information about the production and if she had even heard of RD. I'll be sure to post the response if I get one. I'm not holding my breath lol

Thats great. Will keep my fingers crossed for some kind of reply.

Guest VioletX

Jacki, that would be a very clever twist to the story...; }

Last night Rick said people would be able to see the movie at the film festival, that implies it will not be released until the festival. The body will not be seen until then.

He said that the Film Co is only concerned about $$$ and that they have no idea about what this will mean to the BF community/world. I think, if I remember correctly, I only listened to the last hour.

Gee Rick, do you have to have a show every night,lol!!!

One caller asked him why he does not talk more about the subject rather than the personalities and dramas, Rick seemed to think that this was incorrect and that that is why he has good ratings , people wanting to know the truth.

I beg to differ on that, I only sit through all of the drama hoping to hear something significant BF related.

If this is true it is a great opportunity for him to do something more but he keeps focusing on the gossip and drama.

Zzzzz

Edited by VioletX

Jacki, that would be a very clever twist to the story...; }

Last night Rick said people would be able to see the movie at the film festival, that implies it will not be released until the festival. The body will not be seen until then.

He said that the Film Co is only concerned about $$$ and that they have no idea about what this will mean to the BF community/world. I think, if I remember correctly, I only listened to the last hour.

Gee Rick, do you have to have a show every night,lol!!!

One caller asked him why he does not talk more about the subject rather than the personalities and dramas, Rick seemed to think that this was incorrect and that that is why he has good ratings , people wanting to know the truth.

I beg to differ on that, I only sit through all of the drama hoping to hear something significant BF related.

If this is true it is a great opportunity for him to do something more but he keeps focusing on the gossip and drama.

Zzzzz

Yes I havent listened to his show last night. It is really frustrating listening to all the back stabbing and bitching although the Tim Fasano programme was quite amusing (oh no! Now I'm being drawn into cat fights)! There are rows amongst rows and you end up not seeing cannot see the wood for the trees. Going back tho to RD saying the film company is only thinking of money, I do think that if they were given that massive award from the BFI ($400,000.00)? then they do need to finish the project otherwise they would probably have to repay the award so maybe that is the reference to money? I guess the gossip fills in time before the film gets released. Like that silly painting he had done - like a snack offering while we bide time!

Ok, I have some news for you guys. Early this morning I drove over to the area that Rick Dyer claimed to have shot the Bigfoot. I spoke to some homeless people that were camped out there and have been there for quite a while.

I asked a couple if they remember seeing a film crew sometime in early December. The woman told me there had been a crew there sometime in September but she was under the impression they were filming a documentary or news footage of homeless people. However, neither she nor her husband had any personal contact with these people and they were only there for a few hours.

I then asked them is they had heard of anybody shooting a gun during that time period. They both started laughing and said that they would know if somebody had fired a gun as the sheriffs department would have been out there in 10 minutes to boot everybody out.

I asked them if they had seen anything strange in the time they had been camping there. They and 5 other people, that have been there almost a year, said the only strange thing they ever saw was when some local gang members tried to destroy a stolen car by lighting it on fire.

There you have it, no Bigfoot and no shootings.

• Upvote 2

Ok well atleast there is confirmation of a film crew being there in September. Thats something in black and white I guess and quite positive to the story! I think I may have heard that they camped further into the wilderness though (not sure where I heard/read that) so maybe they were only in the vicinity of the homeless camp just for a few hours while they acquired information and then moved somewhere less public? The bit about the lack of gunshot, could maybe, maybe back up my newest 'stab in the dark' theory of there being a bigfoot but no shooting?

..the mystery continues!

Guest VioletX

Thanks for doing an investigation Cisco. I bet that was weird to have to ask these random questions,lol.

My only question is that I have a suspicion that where the deer incident happened is not necessarily the same exact location as the shooting...

I seem to remember hearing something like that from RD, but not positive.

Maybe we should ask Rick ; D

Ok, I have some news for you guys. Early this morning I drove over to the area that Rick Dyer claimed to have shot the Bigfoot. I spoke to some homeless people that were camped out there and have been there for quite a while.

I asked a couple if they remember seeing a film crew sometime in early December. The woman told me there had been a crew there sometime in September but she was under the impression they were filming a documentary or news footage of homeless people. However, neither she nor her husband had any personal contact with these people and they were only there for a few hours.

I then asked them is they had heard of anybody shooting a gun during that time period. They both started laughing and said that they would know if somebody had fired a gun as the sheriffs department would have been out there in 10 minutes to boot everybody out.

I asked them if they had seen anything strange in the time they had been camping there. They and 5 other people, that have been there almost a year, said the only strange thing they ever saw was when some local gang members tried to destroy a stolen car by lighting it on fire.

There you have it, no Bigfoot and no shootings.

Yes sorry forgot to say thanks Cisco! That was very brave!

Thanks for doing an investigation Cisco. I bet that was weird to have to ask these random questions,lol.

My only question is that I have a suspicion that where the deer incident happened is not necessarily the same exact location as the shooting...

I seem to remember hearing something like that from RD, but not positive.

Maybe we should ask Rick ; D

Yes I think thats right - they moved further into the forest? Is there a big forest in that area by the way? I cant seem to find out exactly where abouts around San Antonio it was meant to happen. Can anyone send me a googlemaps link?

There is no other area, in this vicinity, that has homeless people camped there. The rest is either military base or private land. As somebody pointed out, it's landlocked and while not a giant piece of property, it's not small either.

You can't see the camp from the road so you have to pull over and walk into the "woods" so to speak. I walked the area pretty thoroughly and there were many homeless people but I only spoke to a limited few. Regardless, they are all within a couple hundred yards of each other and they would know if a gun had been fired.

I asked if there were any other camps in the area and they were not aware of any. I do some service work with homeless addicts and alcoholics so I have a good idea of the areas of town where they congregate. This is the only area, in this part of San Antonio, that I'm familiar with. That's not to say they couldn't be one as there is a lot of undeveloped property in the area. In fact, this is the only reason that would make a Bigfoot sighting somewhat viable in this part of town.

Anyhow, take it for what it's worth. Something tells me that Rick Dyer is now going to claim they went someplace else. However, from what little I have read, this was the area he was talking about. We'll just have to wait and see.

There is no other area, in this vicinity, that has homeless people camped there. The rest is either military base or private land. As somebody pointed out, it's landlocked and while not a giant piece of property, it's not small either.

You can't see the camp from the road so you have to pull over and walk into the "woods" so to speak. I walked the area pretty thoroughly and there were many homeless people but I only spoke to a limited few. Regardless, they are all within a couple hundred yards of each other and they would know if a gun had been fired.

I asked if there were any other camps in the area and they were not aware of any. I do some service work with homeless addicts and alcoholics so I have a good idea of the areas of town where they congregate. This is the only area, in this part of San Antonio, that I'm familiar with. That's not to say they couldn't be one as there is a lot of undeveloped property in the area. In fact, this is the only reason that would make a Bigfoot sighting somewhat viable in this part of town.

Anyhow, take it for what it's worth. Something tells me that Rick Dyer is now going to claim they went someplace else. However, from what little I have read, this was the area he was talking about. We'll just have to wait and see.

Cool thanks :)

Guest VioletX

Thanks Cisco!

can you give us the intersection or google map?

I had found it in the past , but now I cannot for some reason...