Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

^^ Agreed 100% benboy23, that's why I don't understand when footers start talking about government cover ups and stuff. I mean, really no one cares that much outside of this group.

Yeah, you right guys, people buying into obvious hoaxes doesn't make the community look like idiots, what was I thinking?

Guest DantheMan

I always here the 'hurts the bigfoot community' line. But seriously, it doesn't. In the real world, it doesn't. I have many friends and acquaintances who couldn't care less about bigfoot or the community, seriously I am the only person within my social group who has any interest in this kind of thing. We're dealing with a cryptic animal, something unknown and unproven.

Right now we are the only ones paying attention! Because most people are of the opinion that bigfoot does not exist! So of course they don't care now......

I can guarantee if this is actually proven to be real, or if squatch is ever proven the people not involved in this community would maybe talk about it over a cup of coffee in the office and probably not mention it again until David Attenborough did a special about it :) I honestly don't think it would be as groundbreaking as many think...... Just my thoughts

I'm not so sure about that, it would pretty much turn the world upside down in my opinion! All of those "others" will be shocked beyond belief that bigfoot is real.

Too bad this is a hoax!!

Think you missed my point mate, if someone is buying into an obvious hoax they will only look like an idiot within this community! Within the bigfoot bubble. The outside world would more than likely think we're simply idiots for even discussing bigfoot on a daily basis lol either way, no damage done. Maybe a few bruised egos, no big deal!

Dantheman, doubt it would turn the world upside down my friend. World peace would, but the discovery of bigfoot?? I can't see it... Be nice if I was wrong though!

Edited by benboy23

SSR Team

Think you missed my point mate, if someone is buying into an obvious hoax they will only look like an idiot within this community! Within the bigfoot bubble. The outside world would more than likely think we're simply idiots for even discussing bigfoot on a daily basis lol either way, no damage done. Maybe a few bruised egos, no big deal!

It's not just the outside world mate..;)

Hoaxes get people discouraged and they leave the community. That hurts because everyone has a chance to put their stamp on, or contribute in some way. Ideas are what gets things moving in research. If the person with an idea leaves the community because they bought into something that was false, and thought he'd be ridiculed for it, that idea dies. It might pop up later, but it's delayed and wasted time.

We have mainstream coverage now in Finding Bigfoot that while most might seem silly, does bring in new people that are interested in the topic. If they're just starting out and witness hoax after hoax, they simply won't stick around. Where's the next generation of researchers coming from if not new interest in the field? That's how these things hurt the community.

If I was that worried about being ridiculed for buying into something false, don't think I'd be here, skeptic or not.

That was more public self-ridicule than aimed at anyone here :) This place is like a bad habit that I can't kick.

SSR Team

Hoaxes get people discouraged and they leave the community. That hurts because everyone has a chance to put their stamp on, or contribute in some way.

No way.

Let's get it straight, the majority ( everyone ) are really stupid, we ( the Sasquatch community ) don't need any more people like that, let them leave.

I do find it very odd that Fasano released a blog saying he thinks it is fake and that it's a fake body. He and Dyer are close buds and Dyer posts many of Fasano's blogs on his on site. Wasn't it yesterday Fasano was saying he thought it was all real? I think he is just trying to ride wave and get more hits, but I do wonder how Dyer will react. Fasano said that he doesn't know the truth because he asked Dyer not to tell him and I think that is hilarious. There is no chance Fasano asked him not to tell him and he probably put out this latest blog because he is jealous he can't see the body.

How many here have listened to the WHOLE ENCHALADA on the Musky Video? I suggest if you haven't done so, please do before passing judgement as far him playing ball with Dyer. I for one, can't summarily dismiss him as a shill after listening to the interview in it's ENTIRETY. Can he still be a shill?...it would take acting skills FAR BEYOND the average persons abilities to do so...and he's very *average*. So..was he fooled and bedazzled by a surogate BF... a deer in the headlights? Could be...but that would be a gamble for Dyer. I'm still in the *hoax camp here*...but I have to reconcile what I have just stated with my penchant for believing this is, in fact a hoax. This is my own personal paradox and it's a very strange place to be....vacillating back and forth between competing scenarios. I almost envy those here who are steadfast in their convictions...maybe they aren't so steadfast afterall?

AHHHH... only all this was cut and dry as we would like it to be.

Edited by ronn1

BFF Patron

Dantheman, doubt it would turn the world upside down my friend. World peace would, but the discovery of bigfoot?? I can't see it... Be nice if I was wrong though!

Shoot even if you hoax or look like an idiot in this community all you have to do is wait it out for four or so years and the institutional memory for all but the biggest laggards and charlatans, makes you new again. (seen it time and time again; but no, I don't have any personal experience in a hoax, lol).

Edited by bipedalist

I posted this earlier but really do feel it's worth mentioning again - I sincerely believe this is viral marketing

for the Minnow documentary. This sort of stunt-marketing is done all the time prior to a film's release.

See link for some of the better (and most recent) viral campaigns:

http://blog.moviefon...rketing-movies/

I'd love to eat crow but don't get duped ...

Right! ... Explains why the body comes up 5 months later.

On his own, RD probably would have done his hoax - er, reveal in September.

To herald the release of the film makes sense now.

#2979 dmaker, "I would love for a qualified forensics expert to pick apart Musky's comments."

Someone like Dr. Melba Ketchum, you think?

#2992 JackiLB, "....you are all crazy to think this is still a hoax?"

Yeah ... I am. :nyam:

#3011 simplyskyla, "not one person has confirmed minnow films actually filmed him shooting

the bigfoot and dyer and musky are the only two people saying there is a bigfoot."

Chris Noel did, and the unmentionable Bob.

#3210 benboy23, "most people on the outside wouldn't care less if this is a hoax or not ...

I honestly don't think it would be as groundbreaking as many think...... Just my thoughts."

Agreed. Anthropologists and biologists would care.

As for columnists who often make fun of the Big Guy, I think they'd continue to do so until

their readers stopped laughing.

Preservation: If the San Antonio squatch had been hanging verticle, organs removed, in a

meat locker for Five Months, would I be able to view it close up without a gas mask?

I looked but couldn't find any bookmakers odds on this current hoax.

Edited by Oonjerah

Hoaxes get people discouraged and they leave the community. That hurts because everyone has a chance to put their stamp on, or contribute in some way. Ideas are what gets things moving in research. If the person with an idea leaves the community because they bought into something that was false, and thought he'd be ridiculed for it, that idea dies. It might pop up later, but it's delayed and wasted time.

We have mainstream coverage now in Finding Bigfoot that while most might seem silly, does bring in new people that are interested in the topic. If they're just starting out and witness hoax after hoax, they simply won't stick around. Where's the next generation of researchers coming from if not new interest in the field? That's how these things hurt the community.

No doubt hoaxes cast doubt on the validity and worthyness of BF *research*..especially if they are very good ones (convincing). They undermine the perceived motives and results going forward. Having said this...they certainly challenge all those in the quest. As a skeptic, I hate to see the perpetration of a hoax..I'd rather see solid argument challenging legitimate research.