Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Racer X has contacted Minnow Films, the County of Bexar, and the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. I understand that some have tried to contact Minnow or individuals at Minnow, but to no avail; however, has anyone sent out inquiries to authorities in the area regarding the Dyer incident?

I think something interesting that VioletX discovered yesterday, was that Minnow films were given a £250,000.00 ($400,00.00) award to make the film. It makes sense to me, that they really couldnt stop the film and show the apparant footage to the world as it would probably mean that this award would have to be paid back to the British Film Institute. I think this could explain why they have not released any of their own footage yet as they are still finishing the film. Its a lot of money to throw away?

As long as they they were the 'big' ones Violet. RD doesn't have no truck with them 'little' ones. :)

yeah like the ribs in the Flintstones!!

Guest VioletX

I'll go by later this week to take a closer look at that larger property. However, I'm almost certain there was no public access from where I was looking at it. I'd have to drive by and look at all sides to be 100% sure.

I think pork ribs are sold in the meat display area as they are vacuum sealed. I would probably have to draw the line at walking into Walmart and interrogating the butcher. Who knows, one more week of this and I may surprise myself!

" no public acess"

Technicalities Cisco, technicalities... ; )

@ Jacki, actually the grant money was something several of us discovered a while back, not just moi,lol

I haven't actually read an account of this alleged shooting. Was is supposed to have been a one shot kill? I can see folks looking the other way if they just heard a single shot but if there were multiple shots I can't imagine someone not reporting it.

Also, as a side note and this just occurred to me, if you were Minnow and were in possession of a Bigfoot body, I think the documentary would get back burnered in light of the financial rewards of a Bigfoot body.

My guess is that the body would be worth somewhere in the range of $250M-$500M. This may be low, according to some estimations I have read.

Why would you mess with a small budget documentary when you could bank on the body immediately? Then, add the possibility that Quantra claims to have a live specimen and time is now against you.

It just does not make any sense. If they had a body, they would already be making plans to release information. Nobody would wait 3-6 months to enter some 2nd tier movie festival when they had a physical attraction that was worth hundreds of millions. Something tells me that this is a hoax and the hoax itself, is part of the movie and story line. After all, the movie is about the people that chase monsters and I can see how hoaxing would easily play into this.

• Upvote 1

Guest paradigm

Also, as a side note and this just occurred to me, if you were Minnow and were in possession of a Bigfoot body, I think the documentary would get back burnered in light of the financial rewards of a Bigfoot body.

My guess is that the body would be worth somewhere in the range of $250M-$500M. This may be low, according to some estimations I have read.

Why would you mess with a small budget documentary when you could bank on the body immediately? Then, add the possibility that Quantra claims to have a live specimen and time is now against you.

It just does not make any sense. If they had a body, they would already be making plans to release information. Nobody would wait 3-6 months to enter some 2nd tier movie festival when they had a physical attraction that was worth hundreds of millions. Something tells me that this is a hoax and the hoax itself, is part of the movie and story line. After all, the movie is about the people that chase monsters and I can see how hoaxing would easily play into this.

I agree with this. I think that the movie, or at least one aspect of the movie, will be about hoaxes in the BF community.

I agree with this. I think that the movie, or at least one aspect of the movie, will be about hoaxes in the BF community.

Yeah I can imagine them featuring details of past hoaxes but I cant see them creating a hoax. It wouldnt be their style - ie. documentary makers. Perhaps Minnow dont have rights to own the body (if there is one). I think I heard RD say in his radio show that he owned 50% of the body? If this is so, maybe Minnow only own the film but RD and the State of Texas own the body? Just because you may film someone shooting an animal, doesnt mean that you will own the dead animal. I dont think Minnow has the body anyhow - I thought it had gone to a university?

^^^THIS!

If they are making a movie of a bigfoot being shot and killed what better way to promote it than a release of information? A worldwide premier of the most anticipated documentary ever would be better than a premier at a small film festival.

Looks like Rick has hoaxed a lot of folks again. Way to go Rick. I must doff my hat to such ingenuity.

Guest paradigm

Yeah I can imagine them featuring details of past hoaxes but I cant see them creating a hoax. It wouldnt be their style - ie. documentary makers. Perhaps Minnow dont have rights to own the body (if there is one). I think I heard RD say in his radio show that he owned 50% of the body? If this is so, maybe Minnow only own the film but RD and the State of Texas own the body? Just because you may film someone shooting an animal, doesnt mean that you will own the dead animal. I dont think Minnow has the body anyhow - I thought it had gone to a university?

I agree they probably did not create the hoax, but may have tacitly given permission to Dyer, an admitted hoaxer and attention-seeker, in hopes of arousing interest in the movie. Or they may simply be enjoying the free hype that Dyer is giving them. This would explain their silence on the matter.

^^^THIS!

If they are making a movie of a bigfoot being shot and killed what better way to promote it than a release of information? A worldwide premier of the most anticipated documentary ever would be better than a premier at a small film festival.

Looks like Rick has hoaxed a lot of folks again. Way to go Rick. I must doff my hat to such ingenuity.

But they dont need to release any info as RD is already doing the job for them! (if its true that is). And they are going to promote it anyhow, just not yet until its finished.

I agree they probably did not create the hoax, but may have tacitly given permission to Dyer, an admitted hoaxer and attention-seeker, in hopes of arousing interest in the movie. Or they may simply be enjoying the free hype that Dyer is giving them. This would explain their silence on the matter.

Exactly!

Ok, I have some news for you guys. Early this morning I drove over to the area that Rick Dyer claimed to have shot the Bigfoot. I spoke to some homeless people that were camped out there and have been there for quite a while.

I asked a couple if they remember seeing a film crew sometime in early December. The woman told me there had been a crew there sometime in September but she was under the impression they were filming a documentary or news footage of homeless people. However, neither she nor her husband had any personal contact with these people and they were only there for a few hours.

I then asked them is they had heard of anybody shooting a gun during that time period. They both started laughing and said that they would know if somebody had fired a gun as the sheriffs department would have been out there in 10 minutes to boot everybody out.

I asked them if they had seen anything strange in the time they had been camping there. They and 5 other people, that have been there almost a year, said the only strange thing they ever saw was when some local gang members tried to destroy a stolen car by lighting it on fire.

There you have it, no Bigfoot and no shootings.

Thanks!!! Great info.

Actually, it was in Sept that Dyer claimed all this took place and that there were subsequent "leaks" that forced him to come forward in Nov/Dec(?) with the claim of the kill.

So, this info you have just provided points to a hoax and confirms what I been saying all along. There would have been local people (homless camped and living in the area) and the fact law enforcement would have been alerted. I just don't see how Dyer would discharge a weapon in that area. He would have been arrested for sure if caught doing this. Killing that creature would have attacted a LOT of attention as well.

Well, if this Quantra thing plays out, they will come in second in the race for the greatest discovery of this century.

A live Daisy is worth a lot more than a dead Bigfoot with a hole in its head and a few missing teeth....

The clock is ticking and, at this stage, Rick Dyer is not the only player in the game. If it were me, and I really did have a body, I would release the information today and hope nobody got the jump on me.

Nobody is going to remember the name of the person that got the second Bigfoot and that's something that all of the people, in the recent lime light, need to keep in mind.

There will ONLY be one person to prove the existence of Bigfoot.

Well, if this Quantra thing plays out, they will come in second in the race for the greatest discovery of this century.

A live Daisy is worth a lot more than a dead Bigfoot with a hole in its head and a few missing teeth....

The clock is ticking and, at this stage, Rick Dyer is not the only player in the game. If it were me, and I really did have a body, I would release the information today and hope nobody got the jump on me.

Nobody is going to remember the name of the person that got the second Bigfoot and that's something that all of the people, in the recent lime light, need to keep in mind.

I just havent followed the Quantra story as there are no pictures. Where are the pictures?

Jacki, It's very worth reading about and they have just taken it to the next level by involving a bunch of independent researchers, including Meldrum. If they're hoaxing, then they have really crossed the line.

I was under the impression the Quantra story is dead in the water and appears to be a hoax. They said they had to *release Daisy*? Of course there never was one.

Jacki, It's very worth reading about and they have just taken it to the next level by involving a bunch of independent researchers, including Meldrum. If they're hoaxing, then they have really crossed the line.

Yes I need to get up to speed. I can only cope with one theory at a time because of my tiny brain!! Ketchum is about to announce more big news too isnt she? Whats happened to Dr Sykes and his DNA studies?? So much going on. Is it normally this action packed in the race to prove the existence of bigfoot?