Ambiguous Sounds, Photos, And Other General Bf Experiences

Guest fpfm

Guest VioletX

Pareidolia. :)

Yes and no...We do not know this is paredolia until we know the context of the footage.

But it is ambiguous, right? 8 >P

Guest thermalman

I ask myself, why didn't the videographer close in and pursue the "sighting" until he had a confirmation? It wouldn't have been that difficult to positively identify the source, and would have nullified the ambiguity. :)

Edited by thermalman

The thread is called Ambiguous sounds, Photos etc for a reason. Would you not agree that the video belongs in here? Ambiguous.

I am sure if the videographer had noticed this while filming, it would have been less ambiguous. Unfortunately sometimes that doesn't happen, which then ofcourse makes the video ambiguous.

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (usually an image) being mistakenly perceived as recognizable : Meaning that Pareidolia, doesn't often occur in video format, The camera catches what it sees. Pareidolia is also called 3 dot syndrome, because 3 dots in the right positioning can look like a face, it is very common in the Ghost hunting field. Therefore IMO, how can one claim pareidolia, when it is obvious in this particular video that something AMBIGUOUS has moved up and down.

No need to reply to this I already know what your going to say. So thank you for your input on the thread. Have a great Christmas and awesome new year

Guest VioletX

The thread is called Ambiguous sounds, Photos etc for a reason. Would you not agree that the video belongs in here? Ambiguous.

I am sure if the videographer had noticed this while filming, it would have been less ambiguous. Unfortunately sometimes that doesn't happen, which then ofcourse makes the video ambiguous.

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (usually an image) being mistakenly perceived as recognizable : Meaning that Pareidolia, doesn't often occur in video format, The camera catches what it sees. Pareidolia is also called 3 dot syndrome, because 3 dots in the right positioning can look like a face, it is very common in the Ghost hunting field. Therefore IMO, how can one claim pareidolia, when it is obvious in this particular video that something AMBIGUOUS has moved up and down.

No need to reply to this I already know what your going to say. So thank you for your input on the thread. Have a great Christmas and awesome new year

I thought I saw movement too, I will look again.

And for other posters...please do NOT put anything non-ambiguous or conclusive in this thread, we will not tolerate it,ha!

Guest zenmonkey

Last night on x mas eve. I took a walk on a wildlife trail not far from my house. according to the BFRO it is a spot with a few sightings I was waking in the brush it had just became dark. I heard sirens off in the distance to my right. being really close to OKC its not uncommon, Then to my left I heard a Whoop Whoop sound twice right after the sirens. now im pretty sure it was just the echo of a siren on a firetruck or police car but it was in a completely different direction and almost like a response to the sirens. oh well none the less food for thought Chad

Guest thermalman

I'll freely admit, ambiguity is not part of my character. Enjoy your ambiguity folks. Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy New Year. :)

Edited by thermalman

Guest VioletX

Last night on x mas eve. I took a walk on a wildlife trail not far from my house. according to the BFRO it is a spot with a few sightings I was waking in the brush it had just became dark. I heard sirens off in the distance to my right. being really close to OKC its not uncommon, Then to my left I heard a Whoop Whoop sound twice right after the sirens. now im pretty sure it was just the echo of a siren on a firetruck or police car but it was in a completely different direction and almost like a response to the sirens. oh well none the less food for thought Chad

There was a thread not long ago about sirens and BF... it is nice to be able to discuss curious things here ; )

I would love to hear a whoop!

Thanks for sharing Chad :-)

There was a thread not long ago about sirens and BF... it is nice to be able to discuss curious things here ; )

I would love to hear a whoop!

Here is a possible BF woop woop recorded on dec 19th

https://soundcloud.com/fpfm/wup-wup

Here are two call out seems like one mature and one younger female call out possible squatch

https://soundcloud.com/fpfm/possible-mature-female-and

When they are close, I get a feeling of "peace" like I am very relaxed and nothing in the world matters. Almost like being in a bubble. i would assume everyone has thier own way of knowing if they are close, depending on thier own comfort level.

I am the opposite... I get very nervous when/if I think they might be near. Maybe it's mutual, and it rubs off on me. This group is so close to civilization, they survive by stealth and possibly by the human quality of being willing to disbelieve in our own senses. My knowing they are there blows their cover, so to speak. I am also trying to be stealthy while gifting or visiting now and try not to have expectations of contact

If that is a sasquatch, it looks like classic treepeeking behavior at 2:57, like you noted. It is hard to tell, though, the color matches well with it's surroundings. Ambiguous indeed, but curious! It does look like movement, not just leaves moving in the wind, though obviously there was wind, too.

Edited by madison5716

Guest zenmonkey

thanks violet like i said i am pretty sure it was an echo of a siren but it was oddly timed and a completely different tone. if it wasnt a siren im pretty sure it was an owl. after all other native animals or sounds are ruled out for me then it becomes unknown. just my way of thinking thanks guys Chad