Flir Mobile

I was seriously impressed by the FLIR mobile on last night' s "Finding Bigfoot" episode. It seems to me, that that company has a pretty good idea whether bigfoot is real or fake . What I mean is, I am sure in testing their equipment, they have covered a lot of ground. I would think if they had seen anything they would have said something . Unless bigfoot hunters generate a lot of business for them . What do you think?

Wish I would have bought stock early on.

mp to: navigation, search FLIR Systems

Type Public (NASDAQ: FLIR)

S&P 500 Component

Industry Defense, Technology, Security, Law Enforcement

Founded 1978

Headquarters Wilsonville, Oregon

United States

45°19′14″N 122°45′53″W / 45.32065°N 122.7647°W / 45.32065; -122.7647Coordinates:

Click the blue globe to open an interactive map.

45°19′14″N 122°45′53″W / 45.32065°N 122.7647°W / 45.32065; -122.7647

Key people Earl R. Lewis, President, CEO, Chairman

Products thermal imaging, infrared

Revenue $1.077 billion USD

Operating income $284.5 million USD

Net income $203.7 million USD

Employees 1,943 (2009)

Divisions Commercial Vision Systems

Government Systems

Thermography

Website www.flir.com

References:

financial data is FY2008[1]

FLIR Systems is a thermal imaging (infrared) systems manufacturer based in Wilsonville, Oregon, United States. Founded in 1978, the company makes thermal imagers, thermal imager components, as well as larger systems containing thermal imagers along with other sensors, for both commercial and military applications.[2] FLIR is a component of the S&P 500 index with annual revenues in excess of USD 1 billion annually as of 2009. The company has had several accounting scandals concerning back dating of stock options and claims of fraudulent accounting.[3][4] As of 2009, Earl R. Lewis is the chief executive officer, chairman of the board, and president of the company that employs 1,900 people worldwide.[5]

Great product placement. I suppose we will start seeing some Monster Energy Drinks when they are playing around in the middle of the night, too?

I wonder if that FLIR truck could be rented or leased, now that would be awesome to rent for a weekend.

Probably expensive but if you had enough people paying it might not be to bad....

Guest wudewasa

Great product placement. I suppose we will start seeing some Monster Energy Drinks when they are playing around in the middle of the night, too?

They are already hawking Wendy's products.

denialist,

Spot on. MM would still come up with excuses as to why sasquatches aren't in the area though. Maybe the team can dress him up like this and put a zagnut bar in his hand, then sit back in the FLIRmobile and watch all his purported squatches come in for a closer look..

0404_SP_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

On the night fire Tank and Bradley ranges I frequently had tower duty, which controls the range for safety purposes and for grading also, making sure the weapons oriented safely , no unauthorized vehicles were on the range or in harms way, and also to monitor the hits and misses of the various weapon systems. Tank ranges are huge swaths of real estate with targets up to three or four thousand meters from the firing points. The flir was mounted on the tower and controlled with a joystick, when I ran the flir I would scan the range and I could spot a rat in the grass a couple thousand meters away. It had a high and low power magnification. Suprisingly, there were usually animals on the range during live fire, apparently they were accustomed to the noise and flashes and impacts, the deer would just graze until a vehicle moved their way then casually move away, as would the rabbits, foxes, armadillos lol. The mounted system is certainly the way to find a creature in a somewhat open area. If you get a good high vantage point you can command a view of two or three miles and get a great i.d. on an animal human size or larger for sure. I think Dr. Meldrums' aerial study may include a mounted flir. It will certainly give them some good visuals if its working right.

Guest MrMudder

You're seriously thinking FLIR tests their equipment on bigfoot? lol. Sorry, but bigfoot-ry is probably .0005% of their sales. Thermal imagery is huge in the construction trade. Wow.

It was a cool system Thermal. They said it was state of the art and very expensive lol I didnt know anything about the system but learned how to focus and use it for our purposes. Really could see well with it though. I worked two different ranges with the system. I dont know if they are used on the smaller ranges. Someone with your knowledge could probably survey property lines at night with it lol