Habituation-Hearing Footsteps, Walking And Running

G7, one tiny recommendation to add to KB's good advice. Make sure your finger paint is non-toxic (likely is anyway), because they tend to put things in their mouths.

Guest VioletX

Thanks KB, some really good ideas, I have been worried about putting out my own symbols, medicine wheel, not sure if it would be welcome, but this gives me some incentive to try it out ; D

Cotter, anytime is fine, but I prefer to do it in the daytime. Generally evenings is when I like to, just because I like the hour before sunset to walk around. Seems to be all the critters are up and about.

Also, you have to start somewhere, you may find they are more used to you than you think. especially if you have been in the area any time at all.

KB

Great ideas KB. Will definitely look into those. I do try to play na flute music fairly often. They seem to have disappeared here lately. Not a peep in about two weeks. Hope they come back!

Cotter, what do you mean by a specimen?

Cotter, what do you mean by a specimen?

Excuse me if I'm jumping to conclusions, but I think that's a polite way of asking if you plan to murder one.

GC, I was asking that, if you had an opportunity, would you 'collect' one of them for scientific study and mainstream viewing?

GC, I was asking that, if you had an opportunity, would you 'collect' one of them for scientific study and mainstream viewing?

Yep, that's what I thought......

Yeah, I personally would NOT shoot one if I had the opportunity. If I had a 100% confirmed sighting, I'm not even sure I would post much more on here, I would have accomplished what I set out to do.

However, I do feel that for species recognition a specimen is needed, but I'm not out for species recognition at this time. SO, for what it's worth, I was wondering what GC's intentions were in the long run.

Cotter, that's what I was thinking you were asking, but just wanted to be sure. Would I ever collect one for scientific study or mainstream viewing? Absolutely not. Most definitely would not murder one. In no way am I concerned with what mainstream science believes nor does it matter to me what anyone for that matter believes. In the begining when I first started researching I would always take my video recorder and try to make youtube videos like so many others do. I thought that's just what bigfoot researchers do. It was exciting being able to share whatever I would find out in the woods. I'm most definitely not downing that, there are some great and well intentioned researchers out there. But over the past year something changed in me. Especially since they've been coming around our home. It's almost like the routine bigfoot researching methods just don't matter anymore. My family and I along with our closest friends know they exist and I firmly believe in letting them be. I'm just thankful they've allowed me to be a part of their lifestyle. It's my desire to learn as much as they'll allow me to. Honestly I hope they're never "discovered". God only knows what would happen to them then.