Destination Truth Yeti Hair Sample

norseman

Guest ZeTomes

There are several questions about this case that keept me intringued:

1st: Destination Truth series, in this case Season 3, Ep. 9 "Bhutan Yeti", uses a total sensationalistic approach while supposedly is searching for Bhutan's Yeti. It's so obvious that becomes provocative.

But even discarding that aspect, It's amazing how in 2 days they are able to reunite, sightings, footprints, and a miraculous hank of hair hanging in a tree like if it was waiting to be discovered the whole time.

2nd: I can't find nowhere (could be my bad searching of course) Dr. Melba Ketchum's diploma or doctorate certificate online except her sayings on her site, later copied and past on several bigfoot sites. That is not at all a professional attitude towards the potential client.

3rd: The analyser herself is the director of the DNA Diagnosis, Inc clinic, Dr. Melba Ketchum in person. Director, clinic and analyser corroborate mutually their certifications which could be possible, but not so strange if you were able to find the corroboration of its validity. The badly construction of the site demonstrates a certain amateurism or a young clinic not quite quoted in the market, or simply bad professionalism... it supposedly exists since 1985.

4th: The fact that her laboratory had become associated with Destination Truth episode by being one of the few clinics disposed to analyse yeti samples, implicitly acquired bigfoot associators, radio stations, and foruns sympathy - which by consequence meant a projection and a trampoline of her statute and her clinic's name.

While I was writing this I was wondering if I was being cynical, but as glimpse of casualty while navigating trying to reach information of her clinic's first name (Shelterwood Laboratories) I found this:

http://www.merareview.com/31019/fraud.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dna-diagnostics-dba-shelterwood-laboratories-c344359.html

Guest ZeTomes

1st: Destination Truth series, in this case Season 3, Ep. 9 "Bhutan Yeti", uses a total sensationalistic approach while supposedly is searching for Bhutan's Yeti. It's so obvious that becomes provocative.

But even discarding that aspect, It's amazing how in 2 days they are able to reunite sightings, footprints, and a miraculous hank of hair hanging in a tree like if it was waiting to be discovered the whole time amidst cuts of realistic dramatic events.

2nd: I can't find nowhere (could be my bad searching of course) Dr. Melba Ketchum's diploma or doctorate certificate online except her sayings on her site, later copied and past on several bigfoot sites. That is not at all a professional attitude towards the potential client, of course one that do not wants to take a melon on his head.

3rd: The analyser herself is the director of the DNA Diagnosis, Inc clinic, Dr. Melba Ketchum in person. Director, clinic and analyser consoidate mutually their certifications which could be possible, but not so strange if you were able to find the corroboration of its validity. The badly construction of the site demonstrates a certain amateurism or a young clinic not quite quoted in the market, or simply bad professionalism... it supposedly exists since 1985.

4th: The fact that her laboratory had become associated with Destination Truth episode by being one of the few clinics disposed to analyse yeti samples - implicitly acquiring bigfoot associators, radio stations, and foruns sympathy - by consequence meant an extended projection and a trampoline of her statute and her clinic's name - I thought to my buttons, money talks.

5th: For last, while divagating on this case, I imagined myself in a neverending soap opera of perpetual waiting anguish then realizing 1 year and half had already passed since the airing of Bhutan's yeti episode... I wondered if that time wasn't enough for divulgating the "scientific paper" concerning the yeti sample analysis - the divagation materialized.

While I was writing this I was questioning myself: Am I being a cynical? - As a glimpse of casualty while navigating trying to reach information of her clinic's first name (Shelterwood Laboratories) I found these 2 pearls reasoning my skepticism.

http://www.merarevie...1019/fraud.html

http://www.complaint...es-c344359.html

Edited by ZeTomes

Guest Quatch water

But even discarding that aspect, It's amazing how in 2 days they are able to reunite sightings, footprints, and a miraculous hank of hair hanging in a tree like if it was waiting to be discovered the whole time amidst cuts of realistic dramatic events.

2nd: I can't find nowhere (could be my bad searching of course) Dr. Melba Ketchum's diploma or doctorate certificate online except her sayings on her site, later copied and past on several bigfoot sites. That is not at all a professional attitude towards the potential client, of course one that do not wants to take a melon on his head.

3rd: The analyser herself is the director of the DNA Diagnosis, Inc clinic, Dr. Melba Ketchum in person. Director, clinic and analyser consoidate mutually their certifications which could be possible, but not so strange if you were able to find the corroboration of its validity. The badly construction of the site demonstrates a certain amateurism or a young clinic not quite quoted in the market, or simply bad professionalism... it supposedly exists since 1985.

4th: The fact that her laboratory had become associated with Destination Truth episode by being one of the few clinics disposed to analyse yeti samples - implicitly acquiring bigfoot associators, radio stations, and foruns sympathy - by consequence meant an extended projection and a trampoline of her statute and her clinic's name - I thought to my buttons, money talks.

5th: For last, while divagating on this case, I imagined myself in a neverending soap opera of perpetual waiting anguish then realizing 1 year and half had already passed since the airing of Bhutan's yeti episode... I wondered if that time wasn't enough for divulgating the "scientific paper" concerning the yeti sample analysis - the divagation materialized.

While I was writing this I was questioning myself: Am I being a cynical? - As a glimpse of casualty while navigating trying to reach information of her clinic's first name (Shelterwood Laboratories) I found these 2 pearls reasoning my skepticism.

Guest Quatch water

Guest Quatch water

Sorry about my ineptitude with the quotes by other posters. I mostly just lurk and read everyone else's posts since I am relatively new here. I had an encounter recently and have been interested in BF since then. I did want to say that as far as Dr. Ketchum, she did a forensic case for my boss awhile back. She is the real deal and I was very impressed by her. She has to be real to testify in court as an expert in the field of forensic science (that specializes in DNA). Your credentials have to be established before expert testimony is allowed. You can find fault and negative feedback about almost everyone these days on the Internet if they are in the public at all. I don't know about the Yeti thing, but who knows what she found and what the director might have cut and rearranged about her interview. This happens all the time, like when a prosecutor is interviewed about a case. The media has its ways. I think it is wrong to be so negative when she might be the only hope we have of finding out what BF really is. What I am wondering is when the big announcement is going to come with her results as I am very anxious to find that out. I think it is supposed to be soon but if anyone knows, I wish they would post it.

Guest parnassus

Sorry about my ineptitude with the quotes by other posters. I mostly just lurk and read everyone else's posts since I am relatively new here. I had an encounter recently and have been interested in BF since then. I did want to say that as far as Dr. Ketchum, she did a forensic case for my boss awhile back. She is the real deal and I was very impressed by her. She has to be real to testify in court as an expert in the field of forensic science (that specializes in DNA). Your credentials have to be established before expert testimony is allowed. You can find fault and negative feedback about almost everyone these days on the Internet if they are in the public at all. I don't know about the Yeti thing, but who knows what she found and what the director might have cut and rearranged about her interview. This happens all the time, like when a prosecutor is interviewed about a case. The media has its ways. I think it is wrong to be so negative when she might be the only hope we have of finding out what BF really is. What I am wondering is when the big announcement is going to come with her results as I am very anxious to find that out. I think it is supposed to be soon but if anyone knows, I wish they would post it.

Since you have some connection why don't you see if your boss can find out what is going on with Ketchum's bigfoot project?

In the case of MonsterQuest and Curt Nelson's analysis of the Snell Grove samples, the MQ production team inserted their own script for the narrator to read, which completely misrepresented Nelson's findings.

There was absolutely nothing for Nelson to do. I suspect it would be that way for Ketchum as well. If she didn't say what the producer wanted her to, then they would have voiced it in with the narrator, probably.

How bout a public statement?

TRY > "Monster quest misrepresented what I said.......this is what I mean (X).....Thank you"

Guest ajciani

The above are all the results of corporate greed and lawsuits.

In 1998, Cornell patented the application of a generic method (that somebody else discovered) to testing for a genetic sequence (that somebody else discovered) for a disorder in canines (PRCD). The PRCD patent was licensed to a company called OptiGen. In 2007, Ketchum and Texas A&M developed a new, high-speed multi-test for genetic disorders in dogs for a company called PinPoint. Because their new method was different from the then 10 year old Cornell application of a public domain technology, they included PRCD in the assay, which they started providing in early 2007. In 2008, OptiGen hit them with a S&D order, after ripping off Ketchum's general method, applying it specifically to PRCD, and then patenting it 7 months after PinPoint began offering their test. Then, as all of these patent BS-based things go, OptiGen started suing, and started claiming every genetic sequence under the Sun. Chances are that if fought competently, OptiGen and Cornell would loose (you cannot patent specific applications of a general method which covers those applications), but Cornell has never had a problem throwing money on lawyers, and because OptiGen has a monopoly, the enemy pockets are very deep.

Anyway, because OptiGen started claiming more and more of the things that Ketchum was testing for, she had to keep modifying the tests. I wouldn't even be surprised if OptiGen stole or sabotaged equipment (that also happens often in patent BS-based suits). The next thing you know, OptiGen will probably patent bigfoot DNA. I think they already patented the dog.

As to whether or not Ketchum is a qualified professional, I think the fact that she is involved in a patent BS-based lawsuit with a company that saw her as a threat to their monopoly, is proof enough.

• Upvote 1

Guest ZeTomes

The lost relic hypothesis would have its merit if the hank of the "yeti's" fur was indeed found by solid, respected, serious, associations which dedicate themselves to the study of paleo/anthropology like Bradshaw Foundation for example... not at all something collected in totally uncredited contexts as Destination Truth did. I've seen many documentaries about paranormal subjects, none so badly pretentiously radical and futile as this series (of course if you made the mistake of taking it seriously and not just watching for fun - none of it in my opinion - few minutes after watching a Blair Witch plagiarism with nasal acute annoying locution I was becoming very bored and irritated). One can excuse everything when strongly believing in something,but not to the point when he starts to deposit his whole hope in a pulp program, it cannot be if one wants to assert validation in the exterior.

Okay... let's give Dr. Ketchum a chance; she's a real Dr., I admit that's possible. Let's say she's in trouble with a white-shaark company, let's say she's a criative and inovator less than a economic mastermind. What bridge establishes the conection between a first start extremely dubious evidence proof and a clinic menaced by a sharpy corporation? There is no bridge.

The program wanted a quick radical pandora box proof (that was never to be opened or it would be a real pandora box) to maintain the audience suspended and the way to do so was contracting a clinic with money issues (since it was facing the "sharpy" lawsuits menace) forcing a potential momentum of possible evidence, like ruminating the next chapters of a soap opera with no end in sight...

...probably ending in the annals of mysterious not solved missing link stories!. Which clinic would submit itself to the risk of being associated with such a dubious program? One that desperately was in need for money, that's for sure. After all the clinic's name was divulgated, raiocasted, commented by all of us. And if it's true (but redundant to the "unknown primate theory") that Dr. Metcher was making bold progressions in her clinic, as also true that several sharps were causing a serious economical problem also is that money dosen't rise from trees.

One cannot be dependent of this kind of ultimate proof, that has every directive to be false, or, the least chances of being true. It crosses the realm of religion or blind belief. It can't be so. There are better ways to do research than relying in a pulp program with 2 days found in extremely doubtful circumstances "evidence", most probably forged in a ad eternum perpetual interrogation and waiting - it only perpetuates the unsolving cycle of self justification.

Edited by ZeTomes

The lost relic hypothesis would have its merit if the hank of the "yeti's" fur was indeed found by solid, respected, serious, associations which dedicate themselves to the study of paleo/anthropology like Bradshaw Foundation for example... not at all something collected in totally uncredited contexts as Destination Truth did. I've seen many documentaries about paranormal subjects, none so badly pretentiously radical and futile as this series (of course if you made the mistake of taking it seriously and not just watching for fun - none of it in my opinion - few minutes after watching a Blair Witch plagiarism with nasal acute annoying locution I was becoming very bored and irritated). One can excuse everything when strongly believing in something,but not to the point when he starts to deposit his whole hope in a pulp program, it cannot be if one wants to assert validation in the exterior.

Okay... let's give Dr. Ketchum a chance; she's a real Dr., I admit that's possible. Let's say she's in trouble with a white-shaark company, let's say she's a criative and inovator less than a economic mastermind. What bridge establishes the conection between a first start extremely dubious evidence proof and a clinic menaced by a sharpy corporation? There is no bridge.

The program wanted a quick radical pandora box proof (that was never to be opened or it would be a real pandora box) to maintain the audience suspended and the way to do so was contracting a clinic with money issues (since it was facing the "sharpy" lawsuits menace) forcing a potential momentum of possible evidence, like ruminating the next chapters of a soap opera with no end in sight...

...probably ending in the annals of mysterious not solved missing link stories!. Which clinic would submit itself to the risk of being associated with such a dubious program? One that desperately was in need for money, that's for sure. After all the clinic's name was divulgated, raiocasted, commented by all of us. And if it's true (but redundant to the "unknown primate theory") that Dr. Metcher was making bold progressions in her clinic, as also true that several sharps were causing a serious economical problem also is that money dosen't rise from trees.

One cannot be dependent of this kind of ultimate proof, that has every directive to be false, or, the least chances of being true. It crosses the realm of religion or blind belief. It can't be so. There are better ways to do research than relying in a pulp program with 2 days found in extremely doubtful circumstances "evidence", most probably forged in a ad eternum perpetual interrogation and waiting - it only perpetuates the unsolving cycle of self justification.

Physical evidence is either from a known or an unknown, thats the reality , and it doesn't yield to what is believed to be doubtful or probable.

Guest parnassus

The above are all the results of corporate greed and lawsuits.

In 1998, Cornell patented the application of a generic method (that somebody else discovered) to testing for a genetic sequence (that somebody else discovered) for a disorder in canines (PRCD). The PRCD patent was licensed to a company called OptiGen. In 2007, Ketchum and Texas A&M developed a new, high-speed multi-test for genetic disorders in dogs for a company called PinPoint. Because their new method was different from the then 10 year old Cornell application of a public domain technology, they included PRCD in the assay, which they started providing in early 2007. In 2008, OptiGen hit them with a S&D order, after ripping off Ketchum's general method, applying it specifically to PRCD, and then patenting it 7 months after PinPoint began offering their test. Then, as all of these patent BS-based things go, OptiGen started suing, and started claiming every genetic sequence under the Sun. Chances are that if fought competently, OptiGen and Cornell would loose (you cannot patent specific applications of a general method which covers those applications), but Cornell has never had a problem throwing money on lawyers, and because OptiGen has a monopoly, the enemy pockets are very deep.

Anyway, because OptiGen started claiming more and more of the things that Ketchum was testing for, she had to keep modifying the tests. I wouldn't even be surprised if OptiGen stole or sabotaged equipment (that also happens often in patent BS-based suits). The next thing you know, OptiGen will probably patent bigfoot DNA. I think they already patented the dog.

As to whether or not Ketchum is a qualified professional, I think the fact that she is involved in a patent BS-based lawsuit with a company that saw her as a threat to their monopoly, is proof enough.

Are you in touch with Ketchum?

Guest Sallaranda

There is no risk.

You've got a killer imagination, I'll give you that. However, your hypothesis has some gaping holes.

Are you in touch with Ketchum?

I am, and I can tell you Optigen won't beat Ketchum to patenting a Sasquatch test. :P

Physical evidence is either from a known or an unknown, thats the reality , and it doesn't yield to what is believed to be doubtful or probable.

On top of that? What research facility is going to suffer from being linked to the WILDLY POPULAR hit show.......Destination truth?

:blink:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/03/18/syfys-destination-truth-scores-its-best-season-premiere-ratings-ever/45443/

New York, NY – March 18, 2010 – Last night, Syfy’s Destination Truth, hosted by Josh Gates, kicked off new episodes of season three with its best premiere ever, uncovering 2.2 million total viewers, 1.4 million Adults 25-54 (series high) and 1.3 million Adults 18-49, while averaging a 1.6 household rating. The St. Patrick’s Day-themed episode, which featured a search for the leprechaun in the Irish countryside, aired from 10-11pm.

Destination Truth finished #2 for the entire day among cable entertainment programs in Adults 25-54.

During prime, Syfy was the #2 cable network for Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54, Men 25-54, Women 18-49 and Women 25-54.

At syfy.com, Destination Truth delivered its best premiere ever in all key metrics:

Destination Truth ranked as the #1 show site in page views and the #2 show site in uniques, visits, and video streams.

Destination Truth delivered 62K page views (+92), 9K uniques (+23%), 9K visits (+25%) and 15K video streams (+39%)*

Yah.........it must be crappy for Ketchum.