Goodbye, Scott

Guest LAL

Goodbye Scott. You were a good friend, a great researcher, and more importantly a wonderful human being. You will be missed.

Guest Thepattywagon

I didn't know him, but sure read a ton of the articles he posted. He must have been a very unique individual to compile that much information on the subject of BF.

Guest wudewasa

We have lost an amazing scholar to the area of sasquatch study. I looked forward to and enjoyed his postings of old news media. He had an uncanny ability to access these articles, and we were always fortunate that he shared them with us.

My thoughts are with his family and loved ones as they mourn his passing and grieve.

As is the case anytime, it's very sad to receive news like this. It seems so unfair when death comes calling, especially when it affects those who are not very old. This certainly is the case in this instance.

Scott, I didn't know you as well as some other members, but I am certainly aware of your contributions to our forum. Godspeed to you, and may a great measure of grace and peace be granted to the family and friends during this time. Prayers offered for all that knew and loved him. Rest in peace, Tirademan.

Admin

I remember coming to the Old Forums just to read through the multitudes of newspaper articles he would post. The amount of time and dedication required to search through those old newspaper archives, even with the search features, could only have been done by someone who truly loved the topic. With his contributions to BFF 1 and 2, I know I learned much more about Bigfoot than I ever would have on my own. I like to think I learned alot about the individual who had the patience and commitment to do all of that research.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family.

Tirademan.....Scott, You were an Absolute Treasure to The Bigfoot Forums and you will be Sorely Missed.

Rest in Peace My Friend......

Scott put up a remarkable battle. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. I will miss him and may he rest in peace.

Guest COGrizzly

Whoa. That really saddens me. I did not know he was ill. Cancer I assume. His work was awesome. He had one heck of a talent in finding those articles.

Actually, i think he is one of the more influental members. Reading all of those articles definately put it into perspective for me. How could all of those sightings be wrong? People seeing "wildmen" or giant gorillas. Long before the term Bigfoot.

Caleb Moore died this morning too. Sad day.

I was worried this day would come, since I had remembered seeing several people mention that he was extremely ill.

All I can say is that it should once again be a reminder, that behind the words you see and read here each day- is a real person.

It's terrible that he will no longer be with us, and that I can no longer look forward to seeing his contributions to the forums....

I hope that someone who knew him better than myself, can reach out to his family, and let them know how well liked he was, and how much so many of us appreciated his contributions here and on the old forums over the years.

RIP Tirademan...

Guest spurfoot

He was a respected contributor. I will always value his clippings research. Life is too short and eternity so long. Strangely, digital archives such as those in which this forum might be stored might last as long as mankind persists, or, longer. Tirademan's work thusly will live on.

Scott McClean, a Bigfooter who claimed a sighting of a juvenile Bigfoot in his college days, passed away yesterday in California at about 4:30 p.m. I have been told by his good friend, Norby, who lives in Wisconsin, that his parents and girlfriend were at his side when he died Mr. McClean was responsible for collecting a lot of historical Bigfoot newspaper articles which he posted to this website. His last trip that had anything to do with Bigfoot was a trip to the Bluff Creek area last July. He made it as far as Louse Camp but was unable and too weak to make the trip to the P-G filmsite. Norby indicated they played Hot Wheels together in the 3rd or 4th grade when they were neighbors.

R.I.P Mr. Scott McClean.

Thank you for being a friend and advocate to the Bigfoot community.

Daniel Perez

Bigfoot Times

Edited by Daniel Perez