The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Smeja,

Did not take a lie detector test on the samples.

So if Melba takes one then we would need Bart, Tyler, Smeja's wife, Scott, Paul all the players involved in this.

@Melissa,

That is how you view it, I see some posts were it is not all about science and how science is done.

They are saying she doesn't know what she is doing. Guess then we should start deeply investigation everyone who is testing and doing their own research here on it to see if they have the credentials as well.

How is that possible as she hasn't released anywhere close to all of the data. My neighbor is a geneticist and he looked her release and was shocked at the lack of what should have been included. He said there is no inclusion of any raw data. The entire paper is an interpreted conclusion without any backing data.

He described it as a solution to a very complex math problem except the math calculation was not included. Just the end result.

Looked at the release or the paper? Did they download all the other PDF files associated with it?

Well Bart and Tyler have been front and center for weeks regarding their evidence.

I have found that they are both very open and appear genuinely sincere in their efforts to get the the bottom of the bear DNA issue.

When I think of Melba I think of the her deception regarding the birth of her DeNovo Journal. How do you explain that?

Cath said:

@Melissa,

That is how you view it, I see some posts were it is not all about science and how science is done.

Yes, there have been a few snarky comments - but such is life. I will tell you this, I have seen and heard far worse criticism coming from scientists themselves - in cases not involving Bigfoot DNA. So, to be quite honest - I think Melba is getting off pretty darn easy.

Melba should be focused on the problems with her paper - maybe she could spend some time releasing these sequences that other scientists (not in the Bigfoot Community) have been asking to see. From what I gather all the questions and most of the problems would and could be addressed if she would simply release this information for evaluation. From what I am reading - that is not a request that is out of line - and judging from the post above --- it is customary to have that information within the paper.. Why did Melba not add that?

As at least one person put it - you pay 30 bucks for the science - then the actual science isn't included.

Looked at the release or the paper? Did they download all the other PDF files associated with it?

The PDFs are not raw data. It is a highly processed assembly of the raw data. And is suspect highly flawed, but I can not guarantee that because the RAW DATA HAS NOT BEEN MADE AVAILABLE! Sorry for the shouting.

The PDFs are not raw data. It is a highly processed assembly of the raw data. And is suspect highly flawed, but I can not guarantee that because the RAW DATA HAS NOT BEEN MADE AVAILABLE! Sorry for the shouting.

That's what I meant - thank you Ridgerunner.. It's the raw data the scientific community is asking for - and wondering why it wasn't immediately made available in the paper...

I keep seeing things like this posted. For some strange reason, I feel like instead of Melba fixing the problems with her paper - it almost feels like some are willing to re-write history and evolution to make Melba's paper work...

I know what you are saying here, but I think it's difficult to re-write evolution because the story is still likely very incomplete. We really don't know the completeness of the fossil record - and we know humans and other apes have lived in some areas not conducive to fossilization. I would expect that our understanding of human/primate evolution will change a great deal in another 25-100 years (and beyond). There may even be some very unexpected surprises. If bigfoot is eventually cataloged by science, the discovery would likely require some tweaking in our understanding of evolution.

Edited by NitroSquatch

@Cath

They did ask questions of Smeja regarding the samples (page 4, question 12 and 13):

http://bigfooteviden...-polygraph.html

Did you read Barts new report So Justin didn't send them his WIFE did. so his answer is not valid to chain of custody. I am not saying his wife lied or slipped a different sample. But it is possible. and calls into question Justin Test and the chain of custody in the samples.

About 60% of that piece (which was prepackaged) was shipped directly to Dr. Ketchum for her “study,†per Justin’s wife, within 48 hours. The remaining 40% of that piece was eventually “salted†for preservation purposes so Justin could bring it with him to meet all of us at the Sierras site in July 2011 for a “remains search.†(See Figure 3#)

Edited by CathMcmillan

How is it not make sense. we know that Neanderthal interbred with modern man. That modern and Neanderthal were living side by side. It is possible we have been placing fossil records in wrong places I mean you look at some of them we go from looking human to looking ape then back to human than ape. Maybe we are identifying fossil records incorrect.

Wait, what? What are you talking about when you say our ancestors went back and forth between looking human and ape?

Credentialed individuals (much more credentialed than Ketchum actually) have evaluated the data released. Just look back in this thread and you'll see that the sequences released by Ketchum have been BLASTed by others and are turning out to be human/bear/junk (eg. contaminated and degraded).

Has anyone BLASTed the samples against pig DNA? I think Melba might have discovered something, but Al Gore found it first...

Edited by leisureclass

Hello Nitrosquatch,

I have no doubt you are right. As it stands now, Bigfoot is not recognized - but when/if it is - there will have to be a change somewhere in the primate family tree. Just how close to "human" is the question I have..

Cath - the sample was already packaged - Justin simply called his wife, told her where it was, and she put it in the mail. She did not have to do anything with the sample itself - she simply picked up the box and mailed it. So, Chain of Evidence is not even an issue. We know who handled the box containing the sample, when, and what they did with it.

EVEN if Justin's wife had contaminated the sample --- EVEN IF -- How would Melba know? She never took DNA samples from Justin or anyone associated with that sample. Now, had Melba collected DNA from Justin, his wife and Jack - the issue of human contamination would be answered. So, that is another issue for Melba to deal with.

Not Justin.

Edited by Melissa

Chain of custody? If you want to question that, remember that the shooting was in early October, the sample was not taken from the corpse of whatever it came from 'til November. It lay under snow unattended. There is no guarantee that what Justin shot is what the sample came from. Both Justin's story of shooting 2 bigfoots and the DNA coming back bear are not necessarily inconsistent given the timeline.

If this is the case, the blood on Justin's boots may be *really really really* interesting and produce totally different DNA results than the samples that went to Dr Ketchum and to Bart/Tyler. "Stay tuned" .. eh? :)

MIB

Edited by MIB

Hello Nitrosquatch,

I have no doubt you are right. As it stands now, Bigfoot is not recognized - but when/if it is - there will have to be a change somewhere in the primate family tree. Just how close to "human" is the question I have..

Hello :)

But, yeah, I get it... it seems some are willing to quickly throw out everything about our current understanding for theories that are much more unlikely.

Guest TwilightZone

... the RAW DATA HAS NOT BEEN MADE AVAILABLE! Sorry for the shouting.

I think the raw DNA data is stored in the same vault that has the rest of the Matilda video that is so amazingly convincing.

Melba supporters should ask themselves this: Why does she claim she wants to prove Sasquatch is real but then neglects to make the data available?

Cath - the sample was already packaged - Justin simply called his wife, told her where it was, and she put it in the mail. She did not have to do anything with the sample itself - she simply picked up the box and mailed it.

Look I am just saying you all want to poke holes in Melba's stuff yet you are fully accepting Justin story and all. Her study has more samples than Just Justins.

It has several others.

Again you all can pick it apart but i hope to see you picking apart the Sierra Kill process as well then.

I will wait to see more information from Melba and the other people reviewing it and giving it a full review not some small blog post but a complete break down of the paper and the data. She sent them.

I think the raw DNA data is stored in the same vault that has the rest of the Matilda video that is so amazingly convincing.

Melba supporters should ask themselves this: Why does she claim she wants to prove Sasquatch is real but then neglects to make the data available?

Should ask that question to everyone who claims to have things or what they all wait so long. to NOW do a DNA test on Justins boots when they had it since when?

Guest thermalman

@ cath..."I will wait to see more information from Melba and the other people reviewing it and giving it a full review not some small blog post but a complete break down of the paper and the data. She sent them."

I totally agree. Time will tell, we just gotta be patient.