The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Watch your local journals for a paper "ALLEGED BIGFOOT DNA TURNS OUT TO BE OPOSSUM"

I guess we could consider this peer review, now Melba can redo her paper and resubmit it.

Of course she is the publisher, so that would not work.

Usually when someone reviews a work, it is the job of the original author to counter claim the review.

Like I said, journalists:  a little less runaway credulity there!  Thank you.

It is no one's job to even give time of day to an anonymous critic who can't replicate jot and tittle of his research.  That ain't science.

I have never been a Melba fan, but Opossum Boy isn't challenging her.

Like I said, journalists:  a little less runaway credulity there!  Thank you.

It is no one's job to even give time of day to an anonymous critic who can't replicate jot and tittle of his research.  That ain't science.

I have never been a Melba fan, but Opossum Boy isn't challenging her.

Yes, I'm sure if the results had come back UNKNOWN GIANT HUMAN LIKE THINGY, he wouldn't have wanted to write an article based on that.

^Little late to the party drew.

But I may as well ask, does this geneticist have a name?  Where can one review his findings?

Given that the standard practice at reputable journals (read: not De Novo) is to have anonymous peer review, I'm not sure why you want special treatment for Melba.

Slowstepper, apehuman is asking , what if you took a small sample of mtDNA from Denisova, like in barcode analysis using the CO1 gene. Would Denisova be distinguishable from modern human? We could ask the same for Neanderthal in this scenario.

I've never got a straight answer on this in the past.

Yes you can,  and in fact that was the eureka moment that started science down the road of previously undiscovered human.  makes you wonder doesn't it,  why was scuience so willing and excited to go down that road in the case of denisova man,  while according to Melba, are steadfastly stonewalling BF

.BTW,   Neaderthal differs from modern HS by about 200 BP,  while Denisovan is about 385 differences! 

Yes you can,  and in fact that was the eureka moment that started science down the road of previously undiscovered human.  makes you wonder doesn't it,  why was scuience so willing and excited to go down that road in the case of denisova man,  while according to Melba, are steadfastly stonewalling BF

.BTW,   Neaderthal differs from modern HS by about 200 BP,  while Denisovan is about 385 differences! 

That's across the entire mitochondria. How many of those differences fall in the CO1 gene?

BTW,  just to keep you updated.  several months ago Wally Hermson requested that he be given files containing the "3 complete genomes" that Ketchum claims to have.  Melba demanded a significant amount of money for a "special hard drive" capable of holding those data  (as an aside a 4 terrabite drive from seagate is about 170 bucks)

Wally provided the money,  and has still not recieved the data or anything else he has requested from Melba.  All of this after he provided $450,000 dollars to Melba!  and got stuck paying tax and penalty on that after it turns out Melbas tax deduxtable organization was not tax deductable at all!

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! And to lie about being tax deductible? I'm sure the IRS would find that VERY interesting. 

I was already suspicious that she planned to self-publish all along so she could avoid a REAL journal's requirement to share the data openly. Hearing this, I am more convinced. 

That's across the entire mitochondria. How many of those differences fall in the CO1 gene?

could not tell you for sure,  but enough of those differences were in CO1 that it told the story:  different species!  just like every other case!  species ID by use of mtDNA is accurate,  tested millions of times, and consistent across all kingdoms!

could not tell you for sure,  but enough of those differences were in CO1 that it told the story:  different species!  just like every other case!  species ID by use of mtDNA is accurate,  tested millions of times, and consistent across all kingdoms!

Can you point me to documentation on this? From what I've read, they, Paabo et al, didn't know it was a new species without the whole mito genome.

Can you point me to documentation on this? From what I've read, they, Paabo et al, didn't know it was a new species without the whole mito genome.

better yet, please point me in the direction of your source of information that Paabo and his group did not know it was a new species?  i would be very interested in that!

BTW,  just to keep you updated.  several months ago Wally Hermson requested that he be given files containing the "3 complete genomes" that Ketchum claims to have.  Melba demanded a significant amount of money for a "special hard drive" capable of holding those data  (as an aside a 4 terrabite drive from seagate is about 170 bucks)

Wally provided the money,  and has still not recieved the data or anything else he has requested from Melba.  All of this after he provided $450,000 dollars to Melba!  and got stuck paying tax and penalty on that after it turns out Melbas tax deduxtable organization was not tax deductable at all!

Thanks for the update - any source on this?

better yet, please point me in the direction of your source of information that Paabo and his group did not know it was a new species?  i would be very interested in that!

I'd put it like this. They didn't announce a new species of hominin until they sequenced the whole mitochondria, and I've never read that they targeted the CO1 gene first. They might have though, which is why I asked YOU for documentation for YOUR statement.

but enough of those differences were in CO1 that it told the story: 

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! And to lie about being tax deductible? I'm sure the IRS would find that VERY interesting. 

I was already suspicious that she planned to self-publish all along so she could avoid a REAL journal's requirement to share the data openly. Hearing this, I am more convinced. 

I'm trying to understand why purchasing a hard drive with data on it would be considered a donation. I doubt Wally would be sweating the tax deduction for a product he's purchasing which costs a few hundred bucks considering the rest of his investment in this.