Why Are You Convinced They Exist?

This is just a question for the people that think or believe these creatures do exist. Why? This question does not apply to those who have actually had an encounter.

I've never had an encounter. I feel that I've seen enough evidence to believe they exist, and read enough stories.

I also don't think that many people would put their reputation on the line to say they saw something like that, if they didn't.

Guest COGrizzly

^^ What Cotter said.

I did see possible tracks in 2004, but I've never seen one. I won't be a true, 100% "believer" until I see one or someone brings one in, dead or alive.

Rats, you qualified away my best personal evidence .. my own sighting.

However, even without it, I'm a number cruncher and pattern seeker both by nature and profession. What I see in the data, outside my own experiences, is too darn many people who don't know each other all reporting roughly the same thing. "bug eyed monsters" reports don't fall on a bell curve. For the most part, bigfoot reports do. That points to a real, biological entity, not a bunch of liars trying to out-lie each other.

MIB

All above posts ^^^ basically sum up why I believe they exist. What drives me up the wall sometimes is when you have all this evidence and encounters, but most people still write it off. It's almost as though they don't want them to exist because of the fear it would bring them. Well, whether or not they believe- I think they'll all be in for a big hairy surprise in the future..

I'm not completely convinced that they do exist but I accept the possibility. I still remain enthuastic about Bigfoot and hope that their existence is ultimately proven one day.

All above posts ^^^ basically sum up why I believe they exist. What drives me up the wall sometimes is when you have all this evidence and encounters, but most people still write it off. It's almost as though they don't want them to exist because of the fear it would bring them. Well, whether or not they believe- I think they'll all be in for a big hairy surprise in the future..

I'm not sure I want them to exist. I'm not sure I can go for a walk in the woods anymore.

Kinda sorta pretty much.

Or someone is walkin around in my forest with really big feet

And likes to make wood knocks in the forest

And likes to make wood knocks in the forest

I never got this one. Why can't 'wood knocks' be someone cutting down a tree in the distance with an axe or just normal wood noises?

Guest Cowlitz2

Is BF Real?

Data supports they exist, people I know and trust saw one, this forum feeds both sides of the story and the anti's don't have anything I have seen to counter what the crowd that believes are saying. Hoaxers exist and take some away, but the overwhelming data says it is a relative small percentage (dates, times, places, time of day, multiple witnesses, etc). Besides it is human nature to argue points of view. How many (%) extreme hikers/hunters are skeptics? Most I know are arm-chair critiques. The ones I listen to are those that are out there frequently in the woods, or better yet live in the forest to make a living. If you get to talk to one that is retired then you have a chance to hear what they really know. Nobody likes to be made fun of, called a fool, or worse.

The ones I listen to are those that are out there frequently in the woods, or better yet live in the forest to make a living.

Does not overide fact that they are human. Does not overide fact that humans make mistakes.

Guest Cowlitz2

Does not overide fact that they are human.  Does not overide fact that humans make mistakes.

Are all mistakes 100% of the time?