Thoughts On Les Stroud And Joe Rogans Bigfoot Quest?

Guest Junior

Ive met joe a few times the dude was as honest and as cool and kind as they come

I'm glad we have at least one testimonial to his honesty, because it makes me uncomfortable to have someone in the mix who has frequent contact with large, muscular dudes who would look good in an ape suit (obviously I'm not talking about Carlos Mencia).

Guest zenmonkey

Ive met joe a few times the dude was as honest and as cool and kind as they come

I'm glad we have at least one testimonial to his honesty, because it makes me uncomfortable to have someone in the mix who has frequent contact with large, muscular dudes who would look good in an ape suit (obviously I'm not talking about Carlos Mencia).

what you talkin bout willis???

Rogan has a long time T-Shirt company called Higher Primate with logos of Apes doing meditation and playing chess.He also makes a kettlebell called "Primal Bell" with a Chimpanzee face (Gorilla coming up, Sasquatch maybe). He also used to have giant photos of apes and monkeys hanging up in his home. He regularly speaks on the "Stoned Ape Theory" and Neanderthals. He is a standup comedian, show host, sitcom star, long time UFC announcer, multiple black belt and has a NSFW podcast. 3 hour interviews of people like Graham Hancock, Everlast and Steven Rinella from Meateater TV show( Joe was on this season, could be a good indicator of a Sasquatch show).

Yes, I do follow the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

Well this was light-hearted - I just mean his MMA buddies would look more convincing than Bob Hieronimus in a bigfoot costume - so I'm glad to hear he is honest and a low risk for hoaxing.  The Carlos Mencia reference was an aside to Joe's successful calling-out of Carlos Mencia for stealing his jokes (not bigfoot related).

Edited by NitroSquatch

Guest JiggyPotamus

Personally I think that simply going out into the woods, whether to "look" or "wait" for bigfoot, will fail most of the time if the important variables are left to chance. Even just walking through the woods hoping to have a sighting can cause a sighting, but statistically this is not that likely. And although I feel that the waiting game would be much more productive, the animals must have a reason to come into the area, and then closer to wherever it is one wants them to go. So I will reserve judgment about this aspect of the new show, since I don't know what they are going to do.

I liked Survivorman quite a bit, and am disappointed that they have not made any further episodes since the two extended stays he did in Norway and a Mexican desert. But then again, I bet those shows take a whole lot out of him, and he did how many episodes already? And that was years ago. Honestly though, I realize that while he may be a good survivalist, the vast majority of local knowledge that he seems to just randomly know in the show was actually taught to him by someone who lives in or is familiar with everything about that particular area. But that is not really a downside, seeing as how he still must do what he was taught, not to mention he is still going out there alone for many days.

Think of how often he has spent in the woods. And he has never had a sighting. I think he had two unexplainable events occur, of which they both sounded indicative of sasquatch. But he is the one guy I would really like to see do a sasquatch show. Plus, with his survivalist knowledge, I have a huge feeling that he is going to bring certain insights into investigations that others do not. Plus, he is also highly skilled in cameras and capturing different types of shots. And he is one guy who has a lot of experience placing cameras in remote places, lol. Think of all the walking back and forth he did on his show just to retrieve cameras. That must have been tiring.

Joe Rogan on the other hand, imo, is not someone I want to see hosting a bigfoot-related television show. It just seems as if it is not supposed to be taken seriously, considering the other hosting jobs he has had on various television programs. They should have gotten someone like Josh Gates, who is just a natural when it comes to hosting anything, as he has personality and charm. Coupled with Stroud, that would be an awesome show in my opinion. It is going to be interesting how this turns out, and I just hope they actually capture some good evidence.

I think the key variable that needs to be addressed here is length of stay, with resupply if/as necessary.

One isn't going to increase one's chances significantly unless one stays in one place - with significant recent activity potentially signalling long-term residence by these animals - for an extended time.

Guest Junior

From what he says they will go and stay in one place and won't be going running around the woods with full camera crews, his idea was to get les Stroud and camp out remote area where les believes he had some encounters, they will see what they get as we'll as using other methods. There's no doubt it will be done for entertainment but Rogans not a hype guy, doesn't buy Nonsense and this isn't just a Bigfoot show it will look at UFOS and other subjects.

Guess we will have to wait and see how this pans out, I don't think it's a "I m gonna get proof" type show its more of a open minded along for the ride/ experience. Imagine a inquizatif kid with a budget to look at things of facination and I think that what we will get..he loves to mess about and joke but he also takes things serious when its required.

Edited by chelefoot
Language

The most one should reasonably expect with one of these is that it pricks up some ears when some stuff shows up that isn't that explainable in terms of what science accepts.

Proof will have to wait for the followup to that.  Unless, now, sniper training is involved.  :keeporder:

Guest Serohs

I am not sure if I heard it on that show or another clip somewhere, but if I recall right there will be another season of survivorman. Les stated in one of the episodes he will take his I believe 16 year old son with him. I do not think it will be on Discovery though, but possibly the science channel.

This will bring a lot of eyes to sasquatch. He has over a million twitter followers, retweeting many science/health related items. He will talk about his trip on his podcast(JRE), and have whoever he went with for a podcast. JRE is available on many platforms(itunes, youtube etc). He's pretty big in the standup community also, selling out theaters. He has such a large following they are giving him a pet project on SyFy. Numbers don't lie. Longtime fan.

......putting that foul mouthed wind bag on air will do more to tarnish the image of bigfooting than the Georgia freezer hoax............People who have personal credibility on the line ... should shudder.

Really? How do you figure he's worse than RD; a criminal conman, and multiple incident hoaxer, whose high profile scams made national media.

My first impression of Joe Rogan wasn't great. You have to realize though, he's an entertainer by trade. He makes a very successful living in a media segment that appeals to the adolescent to early twenties, fratboy, "Affliction" brand shirt wearing, "dude, that was sick bro" crowd.

Subsequently I heard him interviewed a couple of different times outside of his typical entertainment related surroundings. I was pleasantly surprised by what he had to say in response to some tough questions about some very serious subjects, including quite a few subjects most celebrities wouldn't dare risk taking a stance on (let alone commenting on them at all). I have also heard first hand that he is a very approachable, personable, and sincere person in "real life".

Worse for Bigfooting progress than RD or Biscardi? I couldn't imagine that being even remotely true.

Edited by Irish73

Guest zenmonkey

Rogan has a long time T-Shirt company called Higher Primate with logos of Apes doing meditation and playing chess.He also makes a kettlebell called "Primal Bell" with a Chimpanzee face (Gorilla coming up, Sasquatch maybe). He also used to have giant photos of apes and monkeys hanging up in his home. He regularly speaks on the "Stoned Ape Theory" and Neanderthals. He is a standup comedian, show host, sitcom star, long time UFC announcer, multiple black belt and has a NSFW podcast. 3 hour interviews of people like Graham Hancock, Everlast and Steven Rinella from Meateater TV show( Joe was on this season, could be a good indicator of a Sasquatch show).

Yes, I do follow the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

lol ya me too i have a few of his shirts what did you think of graham on that last podcast??

Well this was light-hearted - I just mean his MMA buddies would look more convincing than Bob Hieronimus in a bigfoot costume - so I'm glad to hear he is honest and a low risk for hoaxing.  The Carlos Mencia reference was an aside to Joe's successful calling-out of Carlos Mencia for stealing his jokes (not bigfoot related).

oh ya lol joe doesnt put up with any crap id say hes an honest dude  I mean we arent buddies or anything but I do take jiu jitsu under eddie bravo. Whenever eddie comes through sometimes Joe comes with him. i say joe R for president

Zenmonkey,

I don't think Joe would ever run for president, he says politicians are to easily corruptible. I think he's right. The first Hancock podcast got me to buy his Fingerprints of the Gods book, the second podcast puts the book into a different perspective. Great writer with enough different idea's to make it seem possible....I've been watching the podcast since the snowflake days...

Guest zenmonkey

Zenmonkey,

I don't think Joe would ever run for president, he says politicians are to easily corruptible. I think he's right. The first Hancock podcast got me to buy his Fingerprints of the Gods book, the second podcast puts the book into a different perspective. Great writer with enough different idea's to make it seem possible....I've been watching the podcast since the snowflake days...

ya I was just joking about the president thing.  I am about half way into the book awesome read. I with the world had more people like graham or joe in it.   and sorry didnt mean to hack and make this all about joe.