Sierra Sounds....yeah, Again.

Old Dog

Sierra Sounds  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I recall that way back when, when the Sierra Sounds recordings came out, it was the general consensus that they were a hoax.  Lately I have read quite few posts ( or at least it seems that way ) that are using the recordings as a reference to what a Sasquatch sounds like.  It would appear that the Sasquatch world has done a bit of a 180 on these recordings, and I was wondering what you all felt about them almost forty years after they were recorded.

I have had the great privilege to meet both Ron Morehead and Scott Nelson. I spent a few days with them and Ron's Daughter Rhonda. Sometimes it takes meeting people and getting to know them to understand their sincerity and integrity. Although I never got to meet Al Berry who was with Ron when it all started and remained friends until his untimely passing a few years back, he too seemed to have been a man of extreme character.

Spending time with Ron and Scott gave me the plenty of time to really understand how very educated and passionate they both are regarding this subject. Scott Nelson was a crypto linguist un the Navy and spent most of his adult life learning languages from all over the world. He has compared the sounds on his computer programs and has come to the conclusion that not only are they real, they are a language. Do I think they are real? Absolutely! Not only that, I have heard similar in my areas on a couple of occasions. Here is some of Scott's presentation regarding the Sierra Sounds.

KB

Mind. Blown.

Kbhunter, I just watched the first hour-plus clip, and all I can say is "wow." Scott's conclusions that BF has a language is one thing, but his inference that it incorporates elements of English, Spanish and Native American is off the charts.

I am currently reading Dr. Krantz's book, and the juxtoposition of "BF is just an animal" with this new information that BF has a real, discernible (and de-codable) language is actually hard to process.

I believe it was in the Bigfoot Radio broadcast #39 (In the Valley), where there was some audio captured that sounded like "get out." I know we are at the infancy of this type of study, but it does seem to me that with BF's ability to literally sneak up to our backdoor and study us, that any language they have on their own would be influenced by ours.

I've not been out backpacking our fly fishing since I started my (online) interest in BF this winter. I was getting used to the idea that if I ever had an encounter that I would be able to manage the shock and fear simply by telling myself it was no different than running into a bear (which I have had happen). In other words, I was okay thinking this was "just an animal." Cripes! Now I have this underlying sense that I could communicate with it verbally, and that if I could not understand IT, he or she could certainly understand ME.

I wonder how this changes (if at all) the mindset of you researchers out there and how you will approach BF with this new information. It seems that if the dynamic is changed from mere observation to actual "contact" (as Scott puts it) and verbal exchange, we might truly get more actionable data. In other words, tell them what you're doing, and why.

Thanks again for this post. It feels like the most valuable thing I've seen out here and (if embraced) should send shock waves through the BF community. But that's from my armchair, of course.

Edited by Gotta Know

I also was fortunate enough a couple of years ago to hear Scott Nelson give a presentation and then spend time with him over a group dinner.  He is the real deal and has no hidden agenda or platform.

I think the most fraustrating thing about the whole Bigfoot phenomenon is that a substantial number of folks are very ignorant of what is actually going on out there in the field.  They view very subjective bits and pieces of information, here a little, there a little on the internet all from behind the safety of their computer keyboards, never once actually going out and attempting to personally experience or find the truth for themselves.  

I'm not saying every can or will have a close encounter experience, but I will say that the more you see and hear out there widens the box rather than explains portions of it.  I do know this from first hand experience, these subjects can make many, many sounds out there not given to easy explanation.  I also know they can clearly communicate with you.  That in and of itself is far more than some people can even remotely accept....that is unless it happens to them.....  

Gotta Know, there is much out there that has been learned regarding this species but, it is sometimes hard to really understand unless you invest much time with people who are legit. People that are out there but have no agenda to get rich, or be famous, etc. There are a handful of folks on this that have been working to learn and teach others rather than the ones with an alternative "agenda", Scott and Ron are 2 of those individuals. Many talk about Jeff Meldrum and the one legit scientific source that somehow hold more credibility than most others. Take nothing from his work, he has done great work in that regard, that is no question, but there are others that in my opinion have more real answers and have not been discussed much in this field, that is a shame.

Midnight Owl, I agree 100% with your assessment of Scott and I am glad you got to spend time with him. He is a great and humble guy and his work is like none I have ever seen. Anyone who has the chance to hear Scott and Ron need to try and do so, you will be amazed at what you will learn.

KB

Old Dog -

I was not sure of the Sierra Sounds.  I never discounted them.   They came across half demented and I sure as heck did not want something making those sounds near where I'm trying to sleep.   I'd be digging a hole, climbing in, and pulling it in around me.

Scott Nelson's statements change everything for me.  He's almost uniquely qualified among humans to make the determinations he's made.   There are probably not a dozen people alive with his expertise. 

MIB

I would also like to point out that Scott has been making trips there to the original area with Ron in the past few years and they continue to record and analyze their findings. I was driving Ron from the airport and we were discussing his Sierra sounds and other experiences he has had. There is WAY more than just the sounds and he blew me away with his accounts over the last 30 plus years. I was left astounded to say the least. 

KB

I cant say one way or another.

If Bigfoot is real, I'd say the Sierra sounds are likely real, too. If Bigfoot is not real, then obviously the recordings are not.

If someone thinks they hear human language in them, they arent real either.

FT just curious, is that your opinion regarding hearing language they are not real or are you basing it on a fact?

Thanks,

KB

I think they're real, & apparently so did the hairy guys in my woods.

I played whoops from the Sierra sounds for them one night way back when they first started coming by. They immediately came very close to the house & answered two nights in a row when they heard them. It was the first interaction we had.

Remember when we thought humans were the only animals who used tools and mated for life?

Yeah, me too.

I don't know what this is.  I do know, however, that until it is proven what it is, nobody can tell me and expect me to be listening much.

And waiting for your point?

Evidence - this would be observation - points to the reality of sasquatch.  There are good books to read to get up on this.

Except with all the observation and not a single piece of irrefutable evidence or body. Seriously, bring a gun, I thought enough Americans owned one.

Edited by zoala