Sierra Sounds....yeah, Again.

Old Dog

Sierra Sounds  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't know why, but this thread reminds me of the first time I took my two young children to their first circus. The cat trainer was giving commands to the tigers, in Spanish. My 6 y.o. turned and asked, "Dad, is he talking Spanish to those tigers?" When I assured him he was, apparently, he sort of chuckled and said, "Tigers don't speak SPANISH!!!"

Guest LarryP

Don't know why, but this thread reminds me of the first time I took my two young children to their first circus. The cat trainer was giving commands to the tigers, in Spanish. My 6 y.o. turned and asked, "Dad, is he talking Spanish to those tigers?" When I assured him he was, apparently, he sort of chuckled and said, "Tigers don't speak SPANISH!!!"

I had a huge red male Tabby cat for 15 years who by the time he was around 5 years old easily understood a lot of English and would clearly say "no" whenever I told him to do something he didn't want to do.

What would be nice is an objective way to determine the recordings are "real," and I don't think we have that do we?  

Is there something in those that a human cannot do, or manipulation?  

I do think it comes down to trust of Ron's stuff...and combined compared with others who have either heard such, or close or perhaps go out in the field with him.

Nelson's take is somewhat irrelevant if they aren't real, or his work doesn't demonstrate they are "real BFs"

...and I think we fall down on demonstrating that objectively?  

Of course, what comes to mind are the OntarioSasquatch recordings of late, and the divided opinions about those from researchers.  So, I am still holding out on those..waiting for a witness, or an outing!

For those who feel the SS are real, would it make a difference if you thought Ron was a habituator, or he felt Bfs were fallen angels, or telepathic and interacting with him still today?

Would you believe more if OntarioSasquatch proposed his sounds are from apes?

We need objective evidence!

Old Dog I think you made an important point here, in that we are still dependent on who do you trust....?  Is it because four or five enthusiasts agree and have visited the site, or because of the long time those have been around...and for sale?  

Does Meldrum endorse sound and if so, when or where? How could he really a paleontologist, except to say I trust Ron or in this case I guess Nelson?  

Just curious really...it is a very tough sell IMO, and yet some fascinating claimed evidence neither of which..

the SS sounds or OntarioSasquatch have anything deemed real (video doing it, or even witness...these occur in the dark!) to compare with...other than to show we can fabricate such to debunk...?...

Edited by apehuman

You have to model their vocal box before you can understand what they are actually communicating.  

Then how is it that we can understand what people are actually communicating when those without speech use an electronic voice box?

That is simply an electronic model/simulation of the human vocal box.  

Has anyone seen a BFs lips move when they are hearing the interaction? Again just curious b/c although I feel very confident about some sound interactions out there, unique ones, I did not actually see those BF lips moving, or even a good witness, as at night it was too dark and in day this occurred over greater distances.

I can't think of anyone who claims to have actually seen a BF clearly while it was making significant sounds, beyond maybe some grunts?

Does anyone claim to have seen one whistle, not just hear it from the expected source still hidden at night, or in day even? 

Edited by apehuman

This report contains observations of a bigfoot making whoop sounds, and the investigators asked him to compare what he saw it make to the Sierra sounds whoops. I also met this witness and discussed the whoop sounds with him along with some my group recorded as well.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/282

That's great input, and I have recorded whoops that follow a primate type call and I believe BF, but it still doesn't rise to objective evidence really, in that I think humans can so do as well and only those who trust my anecdotal witness to accompany might rely on it, skeptics sure won't,    So, no offense to your investigation...  it helps, but it does come down to how we network and what weight that has more broadly. ..  and there are only so many "respected" researchers to give thumbs up to most all of the stuff put out today..and it is not clear to me who those are really!

It may be that infrasound sensitive mics are the next step in sound in that if Bfs do make infra sound in association with other vocalizations (not just "zappings") perhaps humans could not duplicate?

Not sure, just thinking. I have read a few reports, the one I liked the most was the female BF who said, "you injured my friend" in English, but it's one of those....who knows?!  Of course I think it is the "chatter" that the SS sounds are so well known for and the Nelson follow up and I have assumed genuine b/c one rarely hears them put down...but, that's no measure either really, it just means some did or didn't pay attention and make persuasive supporting arguments or opinions.

It would be cool if the community could some how in a more organized manner review work..without falling into a group clique...  doesn't seem possible though, not much motivation to do so really....     the next question would be is there anything about sound that could be taken...say the SS/Nelson and survive review with Meldrum's journal...perhaps Nelson has a paper there already?

Edited by apehuman

I love your Big Picture view, Apehuman, and wish I had something to contribute to it.

Sadly, I don't.  :(  (But I would love a link to that report about the female BF who said "you injured my friend", if you have it!)

haha LT you are too generous b/c I can't recall and may never just where I read that, but my guess is Bobbie's site..unless it's in one of the books I have..poss..ahah shoot.. I also read a lot of BFRO reports via Google Earth early on...and just tucked that one away in possibilities I guess.

SY Bingo, thanks!...  there you go LT provided by Southern Yahoo.. I believe it could be the same one.. the quote is more formal than mine!

I agree there are some reports out there, and I have generally relied on them..in that it seems well within the ability....of some form of speech in that they seem to mimic so many animals and birds...but they seem to be very few relative to total witnesses

Edited by apehuman

We need objective evidence!

I think sounds are objective evidence, because in most cases identifications can be made and this helps isolate what should be studied. Sounds that correspond to the reports and legends are where it's at, or I'd hate to say , to bother with it isn't worth it.

After my sighting I started reading of these chatter/ language encounters and recordings, I laughed at them thinking this is a load of garbage stamped as bigfoot behavior.    

But one day that changed , I had been walking into one of my areas where I had found possible tracks following this creek , I got about 150 yards in and I got screamed at by what sounded like an angry deep voiced old man yelling at me in some kind of language about 40 or 50 yards into the swamp across the creek.  

It almost sounded like how people talk in a cheesy Kung FU movie or something but much more raspy and base sounding, the voice had a quality and depth that most normal people do not have.

The volume and projection of the voice stopped me dead in my tracks, I became over whelmed with fear and so I turned and walked right back out.  

After I got home my head was spinning with questions and I dashed for the computer to REALLY take a look at the language and chatter reports.   After delving into all the information about it and considering my encounter I was now at 180 from where I was just days ago.   

One year later from that event I heard what sounded like a woman mumbling or talking  from deep into a swamp by a river at 1 AM in the morning , I could not make out a word of what was being said but it gave me goose bumps and chills over my whole body.   I would try and describe it as a deaf person trying to speak.   We heard it for about 5 minutes then it simply fell still.