Sierra Sounds....yeah, Again.

Old Dog

Sierra Sounds  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BFF Patron

Some of the Washington state howls were observed to be from Coyote by Thomas Steenburg and a colleague as I remember. 

Fox do have a huge repertoire not doubting that.   Just doubting they could pull off every sound heard (including Samurai chatter) on the entire recorded body of work on the cd.  

I have heard raccoons make noises that others could not even imagine they could make.    Then I have heard Sasquatch imitate months worth of bird calls I made and blasted them back to me at 3am one night, intermingled with chatter and I got lucky and got them recorded.   But, hey there is no proof anything is that knowledgeable in the woods on two or four legs and I didn't see them do it (so I guess it doesn't count) since I was blind recording while I slept through the calls from a wooded mountainside near my home. 

I can't get the link to work

on YouTube search Thomas Steenburg 

Mysterious Bigfoot Howls? Solved

Edited by MagniAesir

BFF Patron

^ says video does not exist on youtube?!

This one:

Edited by bipedalist
found file
  • Upvote 1

I just watched it

just search Thomas Steenburg, it is one of the videos on his channel 

Edited by MagniAesir

Information like this should always be welcome.  Shows to go you to: You don't know what makes a sound until you do. The idea that something that doesn't support the existence of Sasquatch should be resisted because it might somehow undermine the evidence it does exist is just the kind of wall of denial skeptics like to use to make their case.  As soon as somebody offer me a plausible explanation as to what emits chatters and roars, bends and stacks up giant tree trunks, and leaves huge footprints I'll be all ears. So far, no real range of choices on offer, no.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Some of the Washington state howls were observed to be from Coyote by Thomas Steenburg and a colleague as I remember. 

Fox do have a huge repertoire not doubting that.   Just doubting they could pull off every sound heard (including Samurai chatter) on the entire recorded body of work on the cd.  

I agree that you have to consider all the alternatives. 

I think it is highly likely that the 3 experienced hunters in the Sierra Camp (Ron and Al excluded) did consider alternatives to what they heard (given that they have been hunting there since the late 50's).

Moreover, there were also visual sightings and footprints that supported their belief on what made the new and strange sounds.

In Ron Morehead's interview posted in the BFF Blog (see link below), he says the following with regard to visual sightings of BF:

Ron: Larry Johnson (one of the hunters) had a fairly good sighting from just a few feet away on a moonlit night, from a small hole within the shelter’s wall.  He claimed it was over 8 feet tall, broad shoulders, and no neck.  Most of the sightings have been brief…never has one of these creatures been caught napping.  My daughter (Rhonda) has had very good sightings.  She described one as being about 7 foot tall, thin but with broad shoulders, and turned with its head and body together—no neck.   The one I got a glimpse of was the night I recorded them while Bill McDowell and I were by our stove.  It was moving so fast I could not make out any details. 

http://bigfootforums.blogspot.com/2014/02/ron-morehead-of-famous-sierra-sounds.html

However, I don't think anybody among the Sierra Camp witnesses claims to have seen a BF engaging in the samurai chatter.  Thus, there will always be reasonable doubt (and lack of certainty).

Guest Waggles

There is a good YouTube out there, where some guy who is into language deciphered what they were saying and you can hear it when you listen. This is probably already mentioned but I thought I do it again.

SSR Team
On 2 November 2016 at 0:44 AM, Explorer said:

Ron: …never has one of these creatures been caught napping. 

The above isn't technically true although I guess it was said as a figure of speech as opposed to literally.

Grays Harbour County, WA, Winter of 2014 or 15 off the top of my head.