Different Types Of Bigfoot

Guest shady grove

Guest Druid

See-Te, sarcasm? Can't tell.. All flavors of humans are subspecies of Homo sapiens X2. we call them races and people get all weird about it and dance around the facts. We (everybody everywhere) are classified as a subspecies of H. s. idaltu.

• 1 year later...

Really enjoyed reading this post, would like to see it revisited. Perhaps with some new input. I myself have none but regional variations makes the most sense to me.

A reading of hundreds, perhaps over a thousand of reports being the only criteria used, I agree with NathanFoot using the descriptions in the reports from the different parts of the country and continent. Although I have not quantified any of the described characteristics into groups of size, etc, I get the feeling there seem to be recurrent similarities in size and characteristics in regional reports, as compared to different regions which also appear to bear their own similarities. Not scientific of course, my musings thereof but interesting to me.

Norseman  for the people like me here who have seen them it is not a question if sasquatch exists , it is now shifted to the questions of what are they,  are there other types/races and what is their behavior like. 

I do agree that in the scientific sense you are correct , we cannot say there is several types/races let alone a single type/race { yet }.

I simply add that there is an extreme variation in size, face, head shape and foot structure according to the reports. 

Nathan,

Have you ever tried to sketch (or have someone sketch) what you saw.  Too bad there isn't the technology to hook you up to a computer (and others) and capture the image(s) in your mind....

Edited by clubbedfoot

Guest lightheart

I am glad to see this topic being revisited. I think that a good bit of information comes out in these types of discussions. I know they always offer more to ponder IMHO.

One thing I have noted is that despite the various differences in appearance, the behavior seems similar at least on the surface. The stick structures and tree manipulation seem consistent across the board. Many of the howls and sounds they make are recognizable from area to area. I wonder if this would indicate that they are sub-species of the same being/ creature or is this just a natural response to living in the wilds?

One difference that I'm now aware of is their manner of kill.

In the beginning, I was reading reports of how their prey would be found with their throats ripped open and the organs removed through here... even a rooster was found like this, in KY, I believe. I had to scratch my head over that one. But, my point is that this manner of kill was being looked upon as a "signature" type deal by some of the reporters/investigators. THEN, I began reading reports of the victims being literally ripped apart, tails pulled off, limbs torn from sockets and flung about. I thought, now that HAS to be the dreaded dogman. Then, I read NathanFooter's report of the fawn that was dropped by his sighted BF, and how the skull appeared to have been caved in by something like a rock.

So, I've given up on the "signature" manner of kill, thinking they handle it in whatever manner they deem necessary at the time for whatever purpose.

Feel free to educate me otherwise, if you know/feel differently. That's what I'm here for...

--Foxfire

I think the differences in the kills could be attributed to more than just opportunity. Jouveniles vs adult male vs female vs old and experienced........ Perhaps the more aggresives kills could be some sort indicator of dislike of what they were killing?

Right, on the aggressive kills. Wasn't this the type that Roosevelt (?) wrote about?

And the dog-kill stories?

Also, I hadn't thought about the sex/age factor.

Thanks--

This HAS to be it...

Before, I had read only snippets of this story, being talked about by other posters/storytellers, and was mistakenly combining the 2 deaths into one event. 

Now, I've read the story.  <g>

It still seems like there's an account out there of *several campers being found, brutally torn limb from limb, that I got confused with this one...

Doesn't matter at this point. I'll come across it again, I'm sure.

Thanks--

SSR Team

For those that spout about their being more than one species ( and there are quite a few both on here and Radio etc ), I think it would be a good idea to nail one species of in identified North American Primate before going on and on about the existence of multiple species.

• Upvote 2

What if the wrong one gets bagged though?

If we only talk about Type I and a Type III gets shot, that will cause some confusion.

;-)

• Upvote 1