Sierra Shooting From A-Z (Continued)

bipedalist

Recently Justin Smeja was asked a tough question by Suzy Matiash, administrator of the Facebook group Bigfoot Community.

The question was:

Justin answered:

Mr. Smeja, I mean this question with no malice toward you. But this is a no kill group. And given the chance, would you kill another Sas? Or have you changed your views and would not do it again.

I believe Bigfoots are some sort of people – ....and so on

Kind of a tangent here, but as someone who has read just about every post that Justin has made here, and has talked with him in chat on more than one occasion, that post does not sound like it was written by him. I am not saying he didn't, but it doesn't match his other writings in style or syntax.

^^^^

10-4 on that.....he's a member

Justin did you write that?

Good idea Cervelo. I will ask him to come and answer that question.

Hello Cervelo,

Kudos to you for that post. That's the true spirit of going and getting at the truth of matters such as this. I'm never shy about emailing people or digging at the source of something and bypassing everything I can in the effort to circumvent hearsay and rumor. I strive to give opportunity for an individual to either clear up some messy gossip or dig the hole deeper LOL. May I follow your lead here? Anyone have a direct avenue to ask Mr. Smeja to address the subject firsthand?

Hello chelefoot,

Thanks, just saw your post.

Your welcome!

So, I couldn't get in touch with Justin so I went to the next best source, Suzy (who gave me permission to post this) She said yes, she did ask that question, and yes, that was exactly his response. She also asked me to say:

Tell them this.... If you want to see for yourself. You can always join BC the thread is a part of BC history and will not be removed. Unless Derek removes it. No admin will remove it. Only an admin or the person who posted it can remove it. And I don't think Derek wants it removed either.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BigfootCommunity/

So, if Suzy says he said it, I would put money on it.  She is an honest person and runs a respectful group.  Unfortunately, don't go looking for Justin there. He didn't stay long. (and no, I don't know and didn't ask the details about that, so don't bother asking me).

Hello chelefoot,

Yeah but, but.......no. How about you......uh, nuh uh. Well then if you......nah. OK, I won't bother you ;)

Thanks a mil for your follow-up though.

Edited by hiflier

So what am I missing? After watching the program last night on Discovery Channel Brian Sykes told Justin that the hair samples he tested are from a Bear.

So where does that leave this whole story now?

Same place it was before.    Bart and Tyler had sample tested for Justin quite a while back and that's the results that were announced.  It was posted here months ago.   Anyone surprised just hasn't been paying attention. 

That doesn't mean he didn't shoot two.    He left whatever it was for 5 weeks, not 3 as reported, under snow.  There's no particular reason to believe what was recovered came from what he shot.  That's why chain of custody is so important with evidence.

The real impact is on the Ketchum report.   The sample has been tested, 2-3 times independently with results directly conflicting what she claimed to find. 

IMHO, anyway ...

MIB

• Upvote 2

Hello All,

Personally, I don't have an issue with a test coming back as Human. I mean is it considered a flop if the test DOESN"T come back unknown primate? Why is "Human" not good enough and always thought to be a result of contamination? IMHO if the results say Human then I think that to be somewhat significant. Especially if all the precautions were taken to insure that the sample was pure.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Same place it was before.    Bart and Tyler had sample tested for Justin quite a while back and that's the results that were announced.  It was posted here months ago.   Anyone surprised just hasn't been paying attention. 

That's true I've not payed much attention to this thread lately.

Thanks...

Hello All,

Personally, I don't have an issue with a test coming back as Human. I mean is it considered a flop if the test DOESN"T come back unknown primate? Why is "Human" not good enough and always thought to be a result of contamination? IMHO if the results say Human then I think that to be somewhat significant. Especially if all the precautions were taken to insure that the sample was pure.

I don't have an issue with BF DNA test coming back human.  The problem is the fact that the sample of Justin's has been tested by 4 different labs and only ONE came back as anything but bear. That sample that Justin's bear sniffing dog found 5 weeks after the shooting, was a bear.

Great post MIB - plussed.

Guest Snoozyinlv

Hi guys! Thank you Chelefoot for your kind words. Yes I am the founder of Bigfoot Community Group on Facebook. And yes I had invited Justin Smeja into my group to speak up about the samples sent to Melba. Justin did make those comments in answer to my question. I then was forced to remove him from the group because of the disruption it had caused. He answered me honestly and I appreciated that. But his comments had upset to many people. The post is still on my group for anyone to see at any time. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you.

Hey Snoozy (cute name btw) !!!

Glad you made it!  There is a sub forum especially for introductions,  It's a good way for the staff and members to greet you and helps you to start getting to know some people. Just click here to go to that area, if you would like to post an intro.

Welcome to the BFF!!! 

Chele

Chele -

Thanks for the plus. :)

Hammy -

I just went back and read what I wrote ... that came across with more "sting" than I intended.   Apologies. 

MIB

BFF Patron

Personally I think the most interesting thing to date is that the bloody boots could not produce blood dna according to Sykes.  Of course it was alleged they had a salt water bath being used fishing, etc. etc. Still want to know what happened to the bloody clothing?  Thrown away? 

Edited by bipedalist

Thrown away.  Washed.  Lost track of which piece of clothing he was wearing that particular day.   Who knows?   Even he still has it, chain of custody is lost.  Whatever might be found in it now cannot be proven to originate from that "event."

Its not hard to believe that there'd be no recoverable blood from the boots if he continued to wear them.   Mine get blood of this 'n' that, mixed so any test would be contaminated, plus chemicals like gasoline, paint thinner, various gun cleaning solvents, etc on them.   I imagine his boots went through something akin to what Melba wanted him to do with the remaining "sample" to destroy the DNA. 

MIB

BFF Patron

Well in retrospect it was chain of custody that was the problem with it all......was it not?

Throwing away or washing bloody clothing would have been as foolish as not keeping a portion of a dead bigfoot, at least it would be for me retrospectively. of t

So is the money still on Sykes to pull this one out of the fire?

Maybe it is his preprints and drafts shared with some scientists that were the stuff of the recent archaic non modern human non-Denisovan, non-Neanderthal that interbreeded with homo sapiens referenced in the  Nature article posted up in some of the other threads? 

Edited by bipedalist