Current State Of Affairs

Old Dog

SSR Team

I'm not saying they don't want to talk D and as I've said, I make skeptics right believe it or not because of the lack of hard evidence there actually is available publicly.

Trust me, if I hadn't have seen one, I'd be the ultimate skeptic where this is concerned and a real horrible one that is exactly what I describe.

That's if I even gave it one second of my own time which in all truth, I highly likely wouldn't.

But nobody can tell me that there are not certain skeptics on here that are quite simply completely closed minded and wouldn't entertain the idea of Sasquatch full stop.

They may say different but like I say, year after year of saying black, black, black then the truth all of a sudden the subject is white, won't go down too well with people at all.

You can see it as clear as day in the smarmy, sarcastic type comments.

But I'm going to leave it there as I think my time can be channeled in much more positive ways than going back at forth regarding the mindset of skeptical people where Sasquatch is concerned.

And for the record I'm not being contradictory as I know I've said that I understand the scepticism where this subject is concerned, I'm probably talking more about the individuals, of which all are different of course but some skeptics do share a fair few of the same traits on here and looking from my perspective, I personally don't appreciate the smarmy, sarcastic tones from many as they are effectively questioning my sanity and calling me a liar hour after hour on here even when its not directed personally at me.

And of course I have a major issue with that which is why I try my hardest not to engage with certain posters on here as I find them hugely insulting, yet can actually understand it which makes things so difficult.

Its a tough subject to get my head around this one..;)

Edit : & thanks for the apology.

Edited by BobbyO

Has anyone ever come to the conclusion that working in conjunction with each other, you know, believer and skeptic, that what we all want will come out in the end?  The believers and the skeptics both only want the truth.

(emphasis mine)

This is the crux of the issue, and after 25+ years of bigfooting, I'm convinced that a significant portion of both proponents and skeptics are more concerned with being right than with learning the truth.

I believe I speak for most skeptics when I say, I would LOVE for a bigfoot to be dragged out of the woods today .

You do.

Skeptics and scientists would rest their cases against sasquatch if someone would produce some concrete evidence. Until then, the mudslinging will continue. The hoaxers do nothing but take away from what may be credible eyewitness accounts and they add fuel to the fire of skeptics.

Let's not forget what type of creature we are talking about here. This is about a 7-9' man-ape with what is thought to be a very high intelligence and cunning skills at cloaking itself. Proving its existence would forever change our understanding of humans. The significance of that bombshell scientific discovery would be huge. So we should not get frustrated at the lack of evidence or the existence of opposition.

^^^

Well said.

And exactly why I truly appreciate the current efforts of the NAWAC.

Regardless of whether you think they are right or wrong that wood apes exist in SE Oklahoma, you have to give them credit for:

1) effort

2) dedication and

3) resisting the temptation to hype it up

If this mystery is to be solved, it will be via just such an effort.

I believe I speak for most skeptics when I say, I would LOVE for a bigfoot to be dragged out of the woods today .

You do.

Yup.

I am also of the club that believes the debate seems to be the end-itself for a lot of our posters. Power on, I say, but I'm not getting much of a buzz from it, to tell you honestly. And not that I haven't participated in that, or received some adreno-stim from the frank exchanges. After a while though, I think everyone comes to the point where we could better expend our energy on getting our own data if we want to do that, or just sit on our hands for a time and wait to see what new comes down the pike. If you have any confidence in a position this animal is more likely than not to walk the earth (which I do) you should be able to rest on your cards for at least that long. It also has to be acknowledged that a message board is a supremely poor venue to effectively vet scientific evidence. You need to be much closer to the source of the information to do that if it is to have any value. We can bask in the secondary glow of the evidence here, but not much more than that.  

Remember, above all else: The patent revelation of BF to the world is not likely to result from my pounding out the next of some three-thousand posts saying essentially "does too!", and ditto for the idea of defeating the proposition with a "does not!" rejoinder.  I swan, it has come to the point where I think we should just list the pro and con arguments by # somewhere, and just cite those to each other. Would save a hell of a lot of server space.

Edited by WSA

Guest LarryP

It also has to be acknowledged that a message board is a supremely poor venue to effectively vet scientific evidence. You need to be much closer to the source of the information to do that if it is to have any value. We can bask in the secondary glow of the evidence here, but not much more than that.

Then there are those of us who have had the experience that leaves no doubt in your mind that they exist, but could care less about providing evidence.

Guest LarryP

They're not Monkey's and I could care less about what you consider to be the current state of affairs.

It's no different to me than trying to tell someone who's never seen a Zebra that Zebra's exist.

Sort of like asking a devout "Skeptic" about who is Deyvi Pena......

You have every right to be here Larry, but if you could care less about the evidence, why even bother? Just curious.

I come here as someone who has not had an experience, looking for evidence to keep my hope alive that BF does exist. It kind of upsets me when someone who claims they KNOW BF exists are not willing to help me KNOW. I understand that it's nearly impossible to share here without the drama from the skeptics and even proponents at times. But dang, it's frustrating to me and I bet others like me who look for any evidence to keep our hopes alive.

As Old Dog pointed out in another thread, this community needs to come together to help each other. If we don't, we will never accomplish anything except the bickering that is what 90 percent of the threads end up consisting of.

• Upvote 1

chelefoot,

I have bought and read dozen's of books about BF, including Dr. Meldrum's "Legend Meets Science" book and am very familiar with the subject but to really know does not happen like that. Until you have the experience yourself, then you will know.

So I would look at rainfall reports overlaid on, say, a sightings chart and start by going to an area that was closest to my house. It also helps to know people that are smarter and more experienced to get out in the field with. That's pretty much how I learn anything.

Guest JoelS

chelefoot,

I have bought and read dozen's of books about BF, including Dr. Meldrum's "Legend Meets Science" book and am very familiar with the subject but to really know does not happen like that. Until you have the experience yourself, then you will know.

So I would look at rainfall reports overlaid on, say, a sightings chart and start by going to an area that was closest to my house. It also helps to know people that are smarter and more experienced to get out in the field with. That's pretty much how I learn anything.

Yup.  Experience is about the only way to truly know, unless someone brings in some physical evidence.

Guest LarryP

You have every right to be here Larry, but if you could care less about the evidence, why even bother? Just curious.

The only reason I bothered to begin with was to see if there were other people here who have had experiences similar to mine. As it turned out there are a few. So that has helped me to get a better understanding of my own personal experiences. 

I come here as someone who has not had an experience, looking for evidence to keep my hope alive that BF does exist. It kind of upsets me when someone who claims they KNOW BF exists are not willing to help me KNOW. I understand that it's nearly impossible to share here without the drama from the skeptics and even proponents at times. But dang, it's frustrating to me and I bet others like me who look for any evidence to keep our hopes alive.

What evidence would you have me gather for you that hasn't already been presented by many credible researchers, chelefoot?

I have clearly stated more than once that I am not a "researcher" nor am I a "habituator". This all came completely out of left field for me.

As to the majority of the so called skeptics here, BobbyO already hit that nail on the head in the first reply to Old Dog.   

Their phony proclamations of "bring me a body and I will believe" are complete BS. That's because their entire materialist worldview would be shattered, so the cries of  "HOAX" would begin immediately after someone produced a body. Nothing is going to change their stance that you're either a lying hoaxer or a delusional nutcase if you claim to know something that falls outside of their perception of what is normal and crosses over into their personal fear based definition of the "paranormal".

But if you still believe that you need additional evidence to keep your "hopes alive", I'm not going to be able to help you.