What Evidence Makes You Believe That Bigfoot Exists ?

Guest Lesmore

I have seen 2 in the last 27 years... So seeing with my own eyes is proof for me....

You live in a hot spot for BF sightings....ie; the PNW. Seeing your Washington residence often makes me wonder if BF sightings in the Mount St. Helens' area... went down after the eruption devastation.

Edited by Lesmore

I have to agree, I would say that I am more of a skeptic of the people that say they have seen them than I am a skeptic of the animal itself, In the years that I have been educating myself about Bigfoot I have read thousands of individual accounts of people that genuinely think they saw one, I have always been an outdoors type person, I remember the first time I ever went Bear hunting in Montana, I was glassing across the canyon when I saw a big black furry animal standing on its hind legs, To someone that din't have a spotting scope this indeed looked like a bi-ped. as I watched this animala it went down on all fours and began to walk away, That was the first time I ever saw a Bear in the wild. I realize that there are people out there that will say whatever just to make people think that they saw one, There are also the people that see a Bear and automatically think its a Bigfoot. So I take the accounts that I read with a grain of salt, My wife and I had an incident occur back in 1988 that made me a believer, I wasn't a believer at all until then. I am now. I just think that you need to weed through the bulk of the sightings to get to the real substance.

Being a bit of an outdoorsman myself, I can see how people misidentify other animals (particularly bears) as a BF. You cite distance as the factor. Indeed it is, also lighting, partial coverage by foliage....there are any number of factors that can affect what one thinks they view.

I'm not saying in all cases, as I don't know...certainly many cases though.

There is a lot of intersting circumstantial evidence on this subject. I like the eyewitness testimonies and reports from those who claim to have seen a bigfoot. I am also interested in what Dr. Meldrum & Dr. Bindernagel have hypothesized.

With that being said I do not believe that Bigfoot exists. However, I am very open to the possibility of BF existing based on what I mentioned above.

If the day comes that this is proven to be real, I will know that Bigfoot exists. Just as I know that frogs, fish, lions, zebras, trees, snakes, people, rocks, water, monkeys, oxygen, gravity and the moon exist.

Do you believe in the moon and frogs?

Guest rockinkt

Expert fingerprint analyst Jimmy Chicuttt's dermal ridge findings on various foot casts from all over the U.S. is prime evidence for me. Plus I saw a bigfoot as a kid and just this past year the yellow eyeglow (NOT eyeshine)of three Bigfoot in a pitch black ravine.

That evidence has been put to the test and found lacking by the experiments of people who were members of the old forum.

Matt Crowley aka Tube (who was the original experimenter and first proposed casting artifacts as the explanation), wolftrax, and Bittermonk (who both provided independent replication of Tube's experiments and observations) pretty well showed that what Chilcutt asserted were dermal ridges - were actually casting artifacts.

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/experiments_cast_doubt_on_bigfoot_evidence

Guest Biggjimm

Well its no secret that I state plainly I have seen them. Before that...it was finding a 15 inch track

in an icy stream that blew my mind. I musta started at that footprint for an hour.

the yellow eyeglow (NOT eyeshine)of three Bigfoot in a pitch black ravine.
That sounds very interesting. Out of curiosity, why are you convinced that 1) it was glow (by this, if I understand, you mean emanating from the creature itself) and not shine (reflected light passing back out of the eye) and 2) that the 3 sets of eyes were sasquatches and not some other animal.

And thank you, rockinkt, for the link. I remember seeing BitterMonk's experiments in the old BFF, I didn't know about the other two researchers. It was a very convincing case for casting artifacts, to be sure.

That evidence has been put to the test and found lacking by the experiments of people who were members of the old forum.

Matt Crowley aka Tube (who was the original experimenter and first proposed casting artifacts as the explanation), wolftrax, and Bittermonk (who both provided independent replication of Tube's experiments and observations) pretty well showed that what Chilcutt asserted were dermal ridges - were actually casting artifacts.

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/experiments_cast_doubt_on_bigfoot_evidence

Not only that, but Chilcutt has been examining, collecting evidence, and testifying in various media formats for years, but has yet to write or submit a single report, analysis or paper for peer review. If the evidence is really as conclusive as he claims, the question remains, "Why not?".

My own sightings and experiences have convinced me of this animal's existence...

I require no other outside influences of any sort...

I don't "believe"... I "know"...

But it does place me in a position that makes me feel as if I have someone at a disadvantage when discussing this animal, if they do not have similar experiences...

No... it doesn't make me feel superior to anyone... just much more fortunate...

And those that share similar experiences with me know exactly where I'm coming from...

The Grover Krantz book convinced me, but to be fair, I have always believed, since I was a kid. I've never seen one, and odds are pretty strong I never will, but that's OK.

I think that all of the evidence, as a whole, is very compelling. Especially, the thousands of sightings and the historical evidence from the Native American Cultures.

Guest TooRisky

You live in a hot spot for BF sightings....ie; the PNW. Seeing your Washington residence often makes me wonder if BF sightings in the Mount St. Helens' area... went down after the eruption devastation.

There was a big cover up about the BF bodies discovered after the eruption... A National Guard helicopter pilot said after his retirement that he saw the bodies when he air lifted a huge net with about 20 bodies of all sizes, all were bi-pedal...

Guest rockinkt

There was a big cover up about the BF bodies discovered after the eruption... A National Guard helicopter pilot said after his retirement that he saw the bodies when he air lifted a huge net with about 20 bodies of all sizes, all were bi-pedal...

Was this well researched and properly investigated? Who did the report? Where can one find it?

Thanks for your help.