What Evidence Makes You Believe That Bigfoot Exists ?

Guest Lesmore

Guest rockinkt

Parnassus, since there are numerous articles, etc in support of the totemic presentation of apes by NAs, how about YOU provide a link to support YOUR presumption? I'm a little tired of "skeptics" trying to put BF advocates on the "proving the negative" end of the stick. You want to make the positive claim all the ape totems are in fact NOT ape depiction, lets see your cards.

Please provide non BF proponent articles that back your - or anybody's assertions - that sasquatch is represented on totems preceding the cultural nonsense (i.e. made up crap) by J.W. Burns. Do not just throw out names of the creautures depicted - but a full description of the story, legend, or myth associated with each.

Please note that there possibly might be more than one myth, story, legend associated to the same name within the same tribal group.

You will need to cite the academic papers that you refer to - so please be sure you use the standard cite format that includes the name and date of the publication as well as the author(s) and pages. Don't forget to include links if you are using internet available publications.

Thank you.

Looking forward to reading your research!

Please provide non BF proponent articles that back your - or anybody's assertions - that sasquatch is represented on totems preceding the cultural nonsense (i.e. made up crap) by J.W. Burns. Do not just throw out names of the creautures depicted - but a full description of the story, legend, or myth associated with each.

Please note that there possibly might be more than one myth, story, legend associated to the same name within the same tribal group.

You will need to cite the academic papers that you refer to - so please be sure you use the standard cite format that includes the name and date of the publication as well as the author(s) and pages. Don't forget to include links if you are using internet available publications.

Thank you.

Hairyman? Lil' help here?

I know it's not your debate....but you might have some good responses.....

In listening to Chilcut talk on the one of the documentaries, perhaps it was Legend Meets Science, I could see how one might get the impression that he was saying that he found evidence of the same individual. I remember him stating that the casts were made 200 miles apart and spanning a time period of 20 years.

In listening to Chilcut talk on the one of the documentaries, perhaps it was Legend Meets Science, I could see how one might get the impression that he was saying that he found evidence of the same individual. I remember him stating that the casts were made 200 miles apart and spanning a time period of 20 years.

200 miles apart ? Always thought BF kept to a small territory. But, who know I suppose.

Thanks bro this is one of the reports of the bodies... The guy I am talking about flew the National Guard Chopper, he is a relative of mine, and saw the bodies in the covered net....

Mind if I interview your "relative"? Could you pm me some contact info (even if its email) Thanks.

Thank you.

+

I think that we have forgotten the title of this forum, "What evidence make YOU believe the BF exists"

I have read many books on the subject and to me this is one of the things that makes me believe. I don't know what the native people were looking at when they carved these totums, I don't know what prompted them to carve something that looks like an ape into this log. I Don't Know.... It just seemed strange to me that they would carve indiginous animals into their totums and one totally fabricated one. I don't Know, Mayeb they did. I didn't mean to get anyone making jabs at anyone else, I was strickly answering a question. "What evidence make YOU believe the BF exists"

I like River's "unidentified" audio recording for one!;)

There are many things that give me cause to consider it's existence. There are the people I know personally that have seen these beings. I've watched them spend inordinate amounts of their own money searching for proof of what they saw. There are vocalizations, recorded by even skeptics themselves that warrant some scrutiny. The tracks, the hairs, the photo's and videos, maybe even some bones that deserve serious evaluation.

The puzzel will put itself together one day.

Guest rockinkt

+

I think that we have forgotten the title of this forum, "What evidence make YOU believe the BF exists"

I have read many books on the subject and to me this is one of the things that makes me believe. I don't know what the native people were looking at when they carved these totums, I don't know what prompted them to carve something that looks like an ape into this log. I Don't Know.... It just seemed strange to me that they would carve indiginous animals into their totums and one totally fabricated one. I don't Know, Mayeb they did. I didn't mean to get anyone making jabs at anyone else, I was strickly answering a question. "What evidence make YOU believe the BF exists"

ETA: My points are off topic. This is not the thread for debate. Sorry.

Edited by rockinkt

Guest Fox The Bigfoot

If you believe, truly believe that Bigfoot exists....what evidence do you point to that confirms this belief ?

Because some spacey chick on the west coast says (sans any proof) that she interviewed a very dodgy guy from Florida who claims to have a pod of squatches hanging out and having pow-wows in his backyard, and because she uncritically presents the supposed witness' story without a single ounce of critical thought! Seriously, how can anybody question the credentials in play? This book is so astounding that I need no other proof for my squatch religion.

Because some spacey chick on the west coast says (sans any proof) that she interviewed a very dodgy guy from Florida who claims to have a pod of squatches hanging out and having pow-wows in his backyard, and because she uncritically presents the supposed witness' story without a single ounce of critical thought! Seriously, how can anybody question the credentials in play? This book is so astounding that I need no other proof for my squatch religion.

I'm sure many here might take a certain amount of exception to your spacey-chick reference as somewhat insulting.

I don't personally agree with the apparent lack of substantive research with the book you reference, but I would hope that you could make your point without being demeaning.

Guest RedRatSnake

I don't have any problem with the spacey ~ chic reference cause i am a guy, but calling squatch a religion puts me into a cult and i don't like that, unless i join myslef . . . .

Edited by RedRatSnake

Thank you.

Rockin, please prove that natives regarded all animals as just animals with no supernatural abilities, doesn't make it any different from squatch

Guest Ricochet

After several years of research, I was fortunate enough to view a Bigfoot creature at 150 yards through a pair of binoculars. It was observing me and several other researchers. The only thing that caught my eye was the morning sun's glint coming off its forehead and that color did not match the green and browns of the thickly wooded forest.

It immediately sensed I had seen it and remained perfectly still. It was partially kneeling beside a tree and behind a large bush, but its shoulders were about 3 1/2 to 4 feet wide based on a later comparsion of the tree.

I tried to move closer while keeping it in view, which I found was impossible to do in the thick woods. I almost fell and lost my view for a moment. I looked back and it was gone.

Up until that time, I had been followed in various occasions, found numerous stick structures, recorded strange calls and photographed large foot prints.

I did all this only for my own personal satisfaction rather than trying to prove a point with a highly skeptical general public. For myself, I know they exist out there in many wooded areas of the U.S. I live in north Texas, not the northwest where many folks think is the only area of activity. The Red River basin which involves TX, OK, LA and AR are full of sightings.

They do not trust us and want to be totally left alone. In most cases, they are not going to be malicious, but do have the ability to inflict swift injury. I have found them to toss objects very close, but not hit. My thoughts are they could bring you down in an instant with a much larger rock if they wanted to.

They have a level of intellect very comparable to us and will do anything to draw attention. Yes, the law of averages say there will be chance crossings, but in most cases they know you are there and will avoid attention. It has worked well for them and they are not about to change....