Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

I guess you summarized my stance as well, I do not do "all" the things possible to gather evidence,

in the end that is not what I am really after, simply evidence.  Oh here come the naysayers I know,

but more than evidence I want to gain experience, to understand these creatures in a greater fashion.

I do not fool myself into thinking I can have a sit down face to face with one, If one offered I would be

likely to refuse...not comfortable with anything so big and so powerful.  I guess it has to be up to the individual

what they are opening themselves up to,  I'm much more guarded than some, perhaps due to my

beliefs and world view.  I desire to gather information and if that provides evidence so be it, but the end

all for me is the knowledge and experience obtained.  Perhaps I will move back toward seeking the evidence

at some point but I fear too much messing around will cause my visitors to vacate permanently, as it

seems a delicate situation for them to be here at all in the first place and I respect greatly their need

to not be disclosed.  This kind are a bit more wary than the rest due to the limited areas they have left

to use.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Guest lightheart

I have thought a lot about this LCB.

I am thinking that even if it were possible to sit down and have a face to face, it would not be good for either party. They might become more lax around humans which could be detrimental and I might forget that they are wild creatures and expect all of them to be harmless. Big mistakes which could have serious consequences for both.

I have had some really interesting experiences where they initiated vocal contact with me directly. Even then I just acknowledged it like I would passing another hiker in the woods and moved on. I don't think extended interactions are a good idea......

Agreed Lightheart, the problem is that while curiosity may be there weakness, it might also become their downfall.

We need to respect the distance that is needed for our two species to exist.  I watched the movie "Letters From The

Big Man" last night, and while entertaining and well made, I think the movie failed to portray Sasquatch in their true

light, meaning the wild nature that they need to survive within their niche, it is certainly wrong to think them comfortable

having to survive in ours.  The fact that they exist at all is a testament to that ability to be the wildest of the wild, which

in know way insults their intelligence, but only gives credit to their survival abilities which are most highly adapted.

When I am in the woods, I whistle to say "Hi" and then sit or stand quietly and wait........they are in charge, they are way bigger than me, they heard me long before I got there, etc.  My point of being there is only to be a neighbor and bring some gifts.  After a while I understand the statement  "Boss of the woods"  clearly and completely.

Great post, Sunflower. I totally agree.

I was writing this when your post came in:

I love it that Lightheart and LCB are both concerned about exposing them to danger, but I believe those concerns are unfounded. Each one knows exactly who we are, the moment we step foot on their territory. (It's an energetic, sixth-sense thing they have.) Each one knows each of our personalities, and who s/he does or doesn't like, and who s/he is willing (and not willing) to engage with. So there's no danger they will like you guys, and then mistakenly assume that everyone else is equally trustworthy, and then open their arms wide to some creep who will end up hurting them. 

So if there is some part of you that is pulled to trying to communicate with them, you can do that without fear of what you might "train" them to do or think. They are not trainable in that way. They look at each one of us and decide what they want to do.

As Sunflower says, they are the boss of the woods, and I would add, of themselves.  

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Post as Requested by Member
  • Upvote 1

I plussed your post above, I love it.  You are very aware of them and they certainly seem to look forward to your visits. :biggrin:

When I rely on my gut and emotions I find that I feel they have something special about them beyond

the obvious.  While not buying into the whole of the psychic angle, I due believe they possess a great

deal of instinct as well as some unusual abilities.  My experience of them was a sense of humanness

and animal, particularly when the younger ones whoops had a questioning inflection.  It was a definite

method of communication I heard, and within it I heard emotion and intelligence.  I felt that some of the

experiences I had were them directly communicating to me, and letting me know they were there and

that they knew I knew.  Anyway it stalled at that point because I think they are only in my area for short

periods say several days to a week and then move about.  It is hard to nail down when they are present

without something like the wood knocks I recorded.  That is once in a blue moon, or perhaps a full moon.

I guess it will take years to figure out...recording does give me a chance

Something semi-molested my recorder last night, I noticed it had been moved slightly.  Coyote?, maybe with the sniffing but the breaking

of branches seems odd for that weight.  It rained so I guess I'll examine for prints if any are present and get back.  This is the

frustrating thing, although if I put out a trap camera I might not have even gotten this.  Maybe I will try the camera for a while to see

if I can catch something messing with the recorder.  I know that a raccoon messed with it when I put some chocolate nearby(I quit doing that).  No scent is present, and I put it upside down to hide the light, perhaps they hear it humming.  It should not be attractive other than the zip lock

baggy to keep it dry, maybe that is the problem, zip lock = food....whatever it was you can hear it's approach and it seems to be able

to have its feet on the ground while messing with it, so coyote or ?  Nothing was found for prints nearby, but it rained hard for several

hours just after the clip...

Recorder moved.mp3

Hey guys this is quite possibly something.  My game camera was out last night, unfortunately moving

in the wind, but I got this photo of what could possibly be a juvenile squatch.  The blur is due to camera movement

it was not stable where I mounted it. It was late cold and rainy and I screwed up royaly not making sure it was stable.

The figure fits what I would have thought was the age of the juvenile I heard, and it seems there is a hint of eye shine.

Perhaps someone with better skills can clean up and analyze this image.  I present this as purely a blob squatch at

this point.  But I assure you there is something in that image, I will include some day time photos of the area to show

you something is in that spot that is not there otherwise.  This was the only photo captured besides when I mounted

the camera and the camera moved in the morning... ignore the date and time stamp as it is not correct, it currently reads

at this moment 11/7/2013 7:33pm so extrapolating it occurred at nearly 12:30am.  This would have been around an

hour after placement.  I will now check if the recording captured anything around that time.  Zooming in it really blurs

so I have doubts myself as to what it is, but the shape and seeming shine around where the eyes should be are extremely

odd..

post-23370-0-09881800-1412434151_thumb.j

post-23370-0-99259700-1412434307_thumb.j

I hesitate to even present something as blurry as this picture, so I apologize to the skeptics beforehand, I know that nothing like this will

ever be any kind of evidence to them, but for those who have followed my story, it may tie into what I have been experiencing and trying

to document.  Somehow I screwed up the recording, or it erased, how on freaking earth can that happen...I give up...I had not fully charged

batteries and I think it shut off on it's own.  I guess if one walked in front of me I would be tying my shoe and looking down.

Forget the excitement, after re-examining the photo I realized that it occurred when I was still in the area after placing it in the tree so I conclude

the image to be a very odd anomaly.  Perhaps the paranormal investigators can pick it up from here.  Sorry for the over zealous response, although

you might see how I was lead astray...on the other hand I am somewhat relieved to have an explanation and to not have to kick myself over and

over again for not setting things up correctly.  Besides the embarrassment of the previous posts I will recover.

Guest lightheart

LCB I think it is perfectly normal that you would be excited if you think you caught something.

This research stuff brings new surprises constantly. I actually think that with the time we spend in the woods trying to figure this stuff out, we are healthier and happier than the average couch potato. At least it gets us outside and in nature.

The treasure here is probably in the journey to understanding we are making together. (:

Yah it was an honest mistake, my wife saw the same thing, really odd that anything even remotely that shape could or

would appear, and that it seemed to have reflection in the eyes.. a possible explanation is that my flashlight which

I was holding in my mouth while mounting the camera created the shadow, which also explains why the image lacks

definition, besides the blur effect.  I guess this is my chance to demonstrate being honest as well, and admitting when

I know I am wrong...or mislead.

LCB! You are as honest as the day is long! Anyone who can read can see that. So there's no need to prove it. Besides, for the People With Agendas, nothing you do will ever be beyond reproach. People With Agendas are not looking for the truth; they're looking for the opposite. And you know what they say: What you seek is what you'll find. If you're hunting for perfidy, every rock you turn over will yield it up to you. Not because it's actually there, but because your eyeballs force everything into that shape. That's the only thing you can see, because you've already decided that that's the only thing there. 

I love your picture. I see what you see in it. It's fabulous. 

And I agree with Lightheart: It's the journey, not the destination...... Your journey rocks! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Upvote 2

I still find it hard to believe that something that resembles what I am thinking might come into frame, and appears

right near the middle of the frame, and in the context it appears in, legs and feet oriented to the ground. 

I did have my back turned at that point but I doubt anything snuck up on me, yet I still am confounded how

that dark image is in the foreground.  Shadow is the only explanation, but to have a shadow shaped and

appearing just so is one thing I do not have the ability to process.  I will dismiss it at this point and hope

that whatever is doing the "real" wood knocking is feeling cooperative soon.  If anymore apparitions appear

in my photo's I will let you know, thanks for the support.