Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

It happens more often that I realized until lately, so maybe so. Still, I wouldn't think that was a "survival" relationship. Sounds like a "pet" to me, either way.

There have been several accounts of BF and dogs seemingly to a some kind of harmonious or mutually beneficial relationship.

Part of me likes the idea that BF have enough empathy to want or need companionship with other animals.

The hard nosed realist soon kicks in however and I'm left with a much lesser romantic notion that relationships between these species are driven more by necessity and hunger than anything else.

The livestock discussion belongs in the tar pit, as I found out previously from the moderators, and as far as mind infiltration, be careful what

you open yourself up to, because there are forces out there much more sinister than Sasquatch. What I will say about the creature is that they 

have the ability to know who is looking for them, and I think it is simply by observation.  If you tend to be looking around at the ground and wondering

off the trail, they notice your behavior.  I think they become curious when humans are curious about them, and may even follow you home.  I have

heard of several accounts where an individual heads miles down the road and have some form of encounter, only to later find the action right near

their home, if the surroundings allow for it.  I was investigating the State Park several miles away for months before my encounter, could they have

figured out where I live?  It seems that they were simply there for their own reasons, but the situation seemed odd to me, but it may also just be

the fact that I had become aware of the possibility.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

We couldn't figure out how they did it either but it happened to us.  We drove 20 miles on purpose but they ended up here at our house anyway.  Weird and freaky.  They have thrown pebbles at our windows, they have thrown slushy snow balls once and gone through our trash cans another time. 

Something extremely heavy stood on a concrete rain diverter behind our garage by the trash cans and crushed the corner into smithereens.  Hubby said there wasn't anything left to show me, the pieces were so small, so he threw them in the alley.  I think it disturbed him somewhat.......  a car would not have been able to do that.  A person would have no reason to hammer the concrete into tiny pieces just so we'd find it.  No one knows where we go and what we do out there.

Recently we heard scratching noises on the screen, slow and deliberate.  We checked and no limbs or anything could account for the marks and the noises.  Hubby is an analytical type and so am I, so we investigated and can't come up with any other answers.

If BF can read minds, infrasound 'zap', and dimension jump, why would BF need to rely on a native animal for food or a warning system?

Do coyotes or other animals potentially possess similar, yet different, more acute powers?

If BF can read minds, infrasound 'zap', and dimension jump, why would BF need to rely on a native animal for food or a warning system?

I can put out gopher poison, but it's better for all concerned if the cats just catch them. And I can drive around in the truck, but it's more fun to ride a horse. I can buy meat at Wal Mart, but meat from cattle that we raise tastes a lot better. Why would they not use animals to make their lives easier & more fun?

They must have their own reasons for what they do, but I don't know what they are.

I do know that they like having animals around them, though.

Edited by Sasfooty
  • Upvote 2

More and more I am becoming of the persuasion that there are fewer of these creatures and that they

travel larger areas than we think. Just my own conclusion from an area like mine, which differs from

areas with more habitat. I think this variety in my neck of the woods has to be on the move constantly

do to limited resources, and who knows what the heck they do in the winter months. The only sightings

around hear suggest them being on the move. I guess I would be lucky to have them visit at all if this

is the case.

We couldn't figure out how they did it either but it happened to us.  We drove 20 miles on purpose but they ended up here at our house anyway.  Weird and freaky.  They have thrown pebbles at our windows, they have thrown slushy snow balls once and gone through our trash cans another time. 

Something extremely heavy stood on a concrete rain diverter behind our garage by the trash cans and crushed the corner into smithereens.  Hubby said there wasn't anything left to show me, the pieces were so small, so he threw them in the alley.  I think it disturbed him somewhat.......  a car would not have been able to do that.  A person would have no reason to hammer the concrete into tiny pieces just so we'd find it.  No one knows where we go and what we do out there.

Recently we heard scratching noises on the screen, slow and deliberate.  We checked and no limbs or anything could account for the marks and the noises.  Hubby is an analytical type and so am I, so we investigated and can't come up with any other answers.

Wow - that is so deliberate.  Are you still gifting?

Maybe try recording devices to start gathering data or if you want them to go I've read many times mounted game cameras and light are effective.

Very interesting but frankly I'm glad they aren't hanging around my house.  I would be very divided on interaction with them - would I be encouraging worse behavior?

Then again - never saw one so I am on the "I really think they are" side vs. the "I know" side.

Thanks for updating us - your original post kept nagging at me as to what happened after they showed up?  It's like cats or dogs that can track down owners MANY miles away after being separated.

SSR Team

Antlers = handles

Bwahaha you're a bad man cotter, clearly..;)

It happens more often that I realized until lately, so maybe so. Still, I wouldn't think that was a "survival" relationship. Sounds like a "pet" to me, either way.

How many people do you know that do that type of thing with their pets then sassy ?

& we think city folks are animals..;)

You must have missed the sarcasm in that post.

But to answer your question, I've heard of several, and fortunately don't know any of them personally.

Whilst we are on the subject of BF's interaction with other animals. Sas how do you think the BF's and Dogmen in your area co-habit? Would it be possible for these creatures to live side by side harmoniously?

I know very little about that, especially the wolf-like ones. There seems to be some interaction between the BFs & the dog "people", but the wolfmen things are different from the dog people. I've heard talk about them, but don't know what, if any of it is true.

Are Urban Coyotes Setting the Stage for Larger Predators?

Here is an interesting article about urban coyotes living in large cities like Chicago and Denver and how they could be setting the stage for larger predators like mountain lions, wolves and bears.

It is very interesting about how coyotes in urban or city areas like Chicago can live in a small patch of cover. Apparently less than 1/3 of a square mile:

About 5 miles (8 kilometers) from Chicago O’Hare International Airport is the smallest coyote territory ever found, which takes up all of a third of a square mile (0.8 square km).

Also notable is that urban coyotes tend to be monogamous and the coyote pup “city†survival rate is 5x higher than that of rural coyote pups.

…the urban coyote pup survival rate is five times higher than the rate for rural pups.

The problem in urban and suburban areas is that coyotes and other predators have no reason to fear humans. Unlike rural areas, where large predators like coyotes, mountain lions and bears are trapped, shot at or chased off with dogs, populated areas are easy places for large predators to thrive with no fear and no intimidation. It’s easy living.

First coyotes, then mountain lions, wolves and bears. They’re all coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

If you live in an urban or suburban area, you’d better get used to having large carnivorous predators as neighbors. If you don’t yet, you will…

http://capecodwildlifecalling.com/are-urban-coyotes-setting-the-stage-for-larger-predators/

Nice post JKH and right back on topic. I remember when I first saw a coyote in the Chicago suburbs,

I mean it was a reality check then, and recently in 2011 I found a Black Bear print only a couple

of miles from my house, which borders Wisconsin. I am convinced that more and more animals are using

the greenways and bike paths, power line easements, et., to utilize the resources available closer and

closer to our populated areas. In doing so they adapt the ability to utilize the human resources that

are left in our wake, gardens, garbage, our pets and their food. Well Sasquatch are a much bigger animal,

and certainly require an escape route, so I think they are wary of being cornered in too confined of an

area, but outlying areas that border human populations, and offer adequate cover, they are having sightings.

My wife has a large bird feeder that holds quite a bit of seed, it disappeared this year and is no where

to be found, it would be hard to drag far by anything holding it in it's mouth, especially in that it was

weighed down with seed. I looked in all the surrounding area with no luck, I mean it traveled, still a

mystery, but maybe a clue, I was hoping somebody might drop it back off!

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot