Winter Bigfoot Wonderland, Huh?

Lake County Bigfooot

Do you think that maybe Squatches migrate to a better environment during the winter months.? I do. It only makes sense, other animals do it, why not a Bigfoot?

I think it would depend on what they eat.  If it's a lot of vegetation, most of Canada's bf bf would have to migrate a really long way to get out of snow country.  If they rely on meat, the game species here don't migrate, they yard up or move around for browse, etc.  In over three feet of snow in a lot of instances, a bf would really have to do a lot of snow plowing to get around, let alone catch one of those critters.  An 800 lb. sasquatch would need to catch a lot of game during the winter months to survive unless this probable mythical animal has survival attributes we aren't aware of for getting through the winter in northern climates.  Omnivores here usually hibernate but that's a bit of a stretch I would think for an ape/human type species.

t.

Edited by Terry

Terry I guess 30 inches of snow on the ground is not enough? eh?  I too have seen the video of a track way in Northern Minnesota

that clearly showed only a creature of great height could produce the steps.  Now I know that some things can be faked, but faking an

endless track way in deep snow is simply not one of them.  I suggest you reconsider the possibility of what this creature is capable of.

I know that they may lay low for long periods of time, that is evident from the lack of winter tracks.  I am sure that if you seriously consider

the number and types of tracks left in the snow that you will conclude the presence of Sasquatch in most areas of the north, at least those

with decent dear and coyote populations.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

• 1 year later...

So several years ago I started this thread,

I have come to terms with their winter behavior, I think they simply alter their movements to allow for cover, they prefer heavier cover in the winter months, but I do think they remain active. I have just heard one too many stories of these creatures being active in extreme temperatures and snow, while game may move to lower areas near mountains in the winter, areas like the Midwest do not share that link to elevation, and we have good numbers of winter reports. I just think that we have not uncovered the likely winter locations, which I know cedar and tamarack swamps are part of the puzzle where available, but that type of cover may vary from region to region, so in the south a cypress swamp, in the north a cedar swamp. It is similar cover and offers a great variety of food sources, and most animals in an area will gravitate toward these swamps in colder weather because they retain heat, and offer thicker cover. Couple this with the fact that Cedar swamps tend to be in areas with natural springs, well I think you see the picture forming, ok now add sighting reports in winter near such places, bingo>>> remember the Minnesota Finding Bigfoot episode with the one that ventured across the ice from a cedar swamp, left a good track way near a neighboring resort property. Those types of reports are fairly common, also these areas tend to be cooler in the summer months.

I am pretty sure that there is a winter connection to such areas, I have one nearby and I think I might go for a little walk about.

Volo Bog is a tamarack bog, or swamp area if you will, it is surrounded by thick berry bushes and I think would be an area they might use, no reports that I know of have come from the area, except one from fish lake, which I have lost track of where that came from. Just to highlight what I said above about these areas attracting deer, I saw 6 deer in 3 miles of walking today, that is a pretty good number of deer in a small area, and I am sure that was just scratching the surface from the number of tracks new and old I saw, not to mention coyotes and smaller mammals of all types. This spot is also adjacent to the fox river natural corridors, as well as a strip mine area, sort of falls under a lot of sighting criteria.

No snow tracks found.... but the deer were very skittish, one bolted onto ice and fell through and had to right himself...not actually normal to be that alarmed from a human who was downwind, except my feet were going crunch, crunch across the crispy snow...maybe that is something they have associated with harm...hmmmm....area does not allow hunting...hmmm hmmm