Winter Bigfoot Wonderland, Huh?

Lake County Bigfooot

My conclusion is that Squatches do not use my area in the least come winter, in fact I think they make a small migration toward the Illinois River area because that is

kept open for bardges and seems to have all the early season sightings, and many late season sightings.  There might be a chance of them staying in a mild winter,

but this one seemed to harsh, and water was scarce.

SSR Team

What's the correlation between sightings in your area in season x to sightings in the area you think they go in the winter ?

They follow the river south till they find the open water, or at least some patches of it.  Sightings do seem to occur more down river from me as the winter

months set in. Some milder winters may not see much movement, but I think this one may have forced them further south.  Of course I am probably wrong as

can be, but they will have to show me that.

SSR Team

What State are you in Lake ?

I have Iowa in my head for some reason but I may be wrong ?

Whatever, what was you say the reason would be why they'd move more south in a colder winter and not so much in a milder one ?

Would the temps vary that much ?

Sorry for the zillion questions..

Well I somehow think that there are 3 or 4 clans that use the Chicagoland area outskirts, and in the winter months they seem to unite further south, then spread back out

in the warmer months.  My basis for this is the sighting record, seemingly moving south with the colder weather, and an inordinate number of sightings near LaSalle.  I feel

like the groups kind of move as the weather gets worse due to lack of forestation and safe zones, then when things begin to green back up they spread back out.  But further

south the barges keep the river open which concentrates game as the animals know to go there for the coldest periods.  It is a very loose theory at present, but there seems

to be some logic to it.  So if I am right some sightings near Lasalle or south of Chicago should be popping up.  I live near the Fox river which feeds into the Illinois.

SSR Team

Oh right, I'm very familiar with Chicago, lived there for 2 years and still have links there.

Hey BobbyO look on the BFRO website at the sightings around Seneca in Grundy, and Marseilles in LaSalle County, the confluence of the Fox and Illinois rivers and the "Cooling Pond" for the Nuclear facility.  I think that might be a warm spot for them as well, imagine the animals hanging around that thing in the dead of winter, I bet it's a virtual smorgasborg in there.  So I think just maybe the individual groups kind of come together at some point in

that vicinity, and then as the warmer months progress spread back out into the larger region, this would explain the rarish sightings elsewhere and a

definite pronounced number of sighting just south of the Metro area.  The whole winter summer equation might not factor in as much as just the usual

travel of these creatures, and what I think might be a need for reunion with there own kind.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

SSR Team

I will have a look for sure.

Thanks for the heads up Lake..;)

for the Nuclear facility. 

You just solved "eye glow".    :thumbsup:

MIB

They still got to eat.  If the coyotes disappear, that means the deer disappear, which means the big guy must go as well.  I wonder where they all go?

We see photos posted of supposed bf tracks in snow all the time.  One thing I notice is it's always in about 1 or 2 inches of snow.  Here in Ontario right now there is over 3 feet of snow in the bush where I live.  This is pretty normal in snow country at this time of year.  We never see photos of bf tracks where they had to WADE through the snow.  In some cases there would be sign of the hands possibly brushing the snow surface in extreme snow depths.  It's why we wear snowshoes and your bf, like all other large creatures in snow country, would not only leave lots of sign but would have difficulty getting around in these conditions.  

t.

Admin

Do you think that maybe Squatches migrate to a better environment during the winter months.? I do. It only makes sense, other animals do it, why not a Bigfoot?

We see photos posted of supposed bf tracks in snow all the time.  One thing I notice is it's always in about 1 or 2 inches of snow. 

If that's what you notice, you're either selective or not paying attention.  

Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcQDOWXmmc, then come back and say it is only 1-2 inches of snow.

MIB

There y' go moving the bar.  Your post said 1-2 inches. 

How prevalent are those conditions where enough people are out and about to see tracks if they were there?    That just doesn't come together here.  

MIB

Edited by MIB