Bigfoot In Trees

If I was a beast that could outrun or elude people/predators easily, I would not put myself in a tree, where the only point of egress is downward. no, if I was the top beast, I would have no need to climb trees.

Also, someone mentioned the large predators of the earlier era. I would ask, did those creatures live in forests, or did they live in plains/tundra?

It would do no good to be adept at climbing trees, if you lived on the great plains, or open tundra.

SSR Team

It would do no good to be adept at climbing trees, if you lived on the great plains, or open tundra.

I'd say that was when a word called " adaptation " would come into play Drew..

im not sure where the video footage is to accompany this BFRO report, but it directly involves BF's seen in trees.... (From Ulster county NY)

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7514

(edited to add video - found on Youtube..)

Watch the trees in the background closely... interesting I think..

*there are no monkey's in NY that I know about.

Edited by Art1972

I'd say that was when a word called " adaptation " would come into play Drew..

My point is, that if bigfoot was avoiding large plains dwelling predators, during the last ice age, there were no trees to climb. So why would they adapt to tree climbing?

Aas for travel I am almost convinced the Alpha male will take the lead, followed by the breeding females and young, and followed up by for better words the eldest son of the Alpha male... this is where tree breaks come in as they are markers of the path to the troop laid down by the alpha male to show direction change and direction... This is also why as Indiefoot said you rarely see the troop for the male will call attention to himself, the troop goes in another direction and the Beta male will circle around behind the threat and ambush it from behind if the need arises...

Susi weakly replies: Attack people from behind who are just walking and are unlucky enough to encounter a family of BF?

That idea is truly terrifying. :ph34r:

Are you aware of stories regarding this situation happening? Has this happened? :unsure:

Let's say them Sas for arguements sakes that they did/do exist, what about young/Juveniles ??

I'm sure that something like a bigfoot could climb way better than a human, but not nearly as well as a chimpanzee. So sure, a young, skinny, light one could climb up in a tree to hide. I agree with Drew's assessment though - unless you're really good in the trees then going up there is a dumb avenue of escape. If you can outrun a deer and you're big enough to beat up on bears, then you've got no need to head for trees when danger comes and, when it comes to humans, treeing yourself is a recipe for getting shot out of said tree.

im not sure where the video footage is to accompany this BFRO report, but it directly involves BF's seen in trees.... (From Ulster county NY)

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7514

(edited to add video - found on Youtube..)

Watch the trees in the background closely... interesting I think..

*there are no monkey's in NY that I know about.

Yikes Twice.Even tho I am a believer in BF, could not monkeys have escaped from a zoo or a home nearby? Now I can worry about young BF in trees while camping? Where are the parents? :blob:

Edited by Susiq2

Hi Susi, I worry that in a lot of your posts you express fear (or at least apprehension) about being in the woods where you might encounter a bigfoot. That makes me sad, because I'd hate to see someone spend less time enjoying the outdoors based on what they read on the BFF. As a bigfoot skeptic I have zero bigfoot fear in the woods, but even those who are firm believers should have very little fear. For one, encounters are ridiculously rare - like winning the lottery rare. More to the point, even in the abundance of bigfoot stories, reports of bigfoot-on-human violence are really rare - and more dubious than more typical reports if you ask me.

The only way to be hurt by a bigfoot would be for (1) bigfoot to be real, (2) you to encounter one, (3) for that bigfoot to act way out of character by charging you, and (4) for that bigfoot to pretty much the first one ever to do more than just a bluff charge. You seem like such a sweet lady that I can't envision you ever infuriating a bigfoot such that it would want to charge you. Present you with a handful of wildflowers maybe, but charge you? Never.

I'm sure that something like a bigfoot could climb way better than a human, but not nearly as well as a chimpanzee. So sure, a young, skinny, light one could climb up in a tree to hide. I agree with Drew's assessment though - unless you're really good in the trees then going up there is a dumb avenue of escape. If you can outrun a deer and you're big enough to beat up on bears, then you've got no need to head for trees when danger comes and, when it comes to humans, treeing yourself is a recipe for getting shot out of said tree.

Well said Saskeptic..I think the young ones could or would hide by going up into heavy leaf cover. Adults the size of Patty? I think not.

Are you aware of stories regarding this situation happening? Has this happened?

No.

Edited by Drew

Guest TooRisky

Aas for travel I am almost convinced the Alpha male will take the lead, followed by the breeding females and young, and followed up by for better words the eldest son of the Alpha male... this is where tree breaks come in as they are markers of the path to the troop laid down by the alpha male to show direction change and direction... This is also why as Indiefoot said you rarely see the troop for the male will call attention to himself, the troop goes in another direction and the Beta male will circle around behind the threat and ambush it from behind if the need arises...

Susi weakly replies: Attack people from behind who are just walking and are unlucky enough to encounter a family of BF?

Are you aware of stories regarding this situation happening? Has this happened? :unsure:

Susiq.... :rolleyes: Humans to the Sasquatch are really no threat, I am talking of Bears, Cougars maybe other Sasquatch, it is just a way to safely move a family troop... The same can be said for them possibly hunting, where one holds the preys gaze as the other ambushes it... This is an old tactic that I am sure goes back to even before humans when animals/reptiles started to pack/group hunt...

I have to add that this would be the fate of a person who shoots the BF holding his gaze, the ambush would come so fast and violent that the person would never know what hit him... Just a heads up to all the big brave BF Hunters out there... ;)

And of course this is IMHO

Hi Susi, I worry that in a lot of your posts you express fear (or at least apprehension) about being in the woods where you might encounter a bigfoot. That makes me sad, because I'd hate to see someone spend less time enjoying the outdoors based on what they read on the BFF. As a bigfoot skeptic I have zero bigfoot fear in the woods, but even those who are firm believers should have very little fear. For one, encounters are ridiculously rare - like winning the lottery rare. More to the point, even in the abundance of bigfoot stories, reports of bigfoot-on-human violence are really rare - and more dubious than more typical reports if you ask me.

The only way to be hurt by a bigfoot would be for (1) bigfoot to be real, (2) you to encounter one, (3) for that bigfoot to act way out of character by charging you, and (4) for that bigfoot to pretty much the first one ever to do more than just a bluff charge. You seem like such a sweet lady that I can't envision you ever infuriating a bigfoot such that it would want to charge you. Present you with a handful of wildflowers maybe, but charge you? Never.

Susi blushingly replies, I am terrified at the thought of encountering a BF out in the wild. I have had a couple of personal experiences with stuff that does not exist. Since then, I have been a mite cautious about venturing out alone, but always with family, especially my boys(well, young men now) who are always happy to go exploring with me.

So I have stopped exploring alone, probably wisely, because I truly have no real defenses against anything except screaming which I did not do with my otherwordly adventures because I *froze* solid. :blush:

Well said Saskeptic. Although I do believe in the existance of bigfoot, I can't imagine being in fear of a negative interaction with one. Outdoors is THE place to go to relax and enjoy things you just don't get to experience on the couch. Go out expecting to encounter the conventional, if the unconventional stops by, enjoy that as well.

Susiq.... :rolleyes: Humans to the Sasquatch are really no threat, I am talking of Bears, Cougars maybe other Sasquatch, it is just a way to safely move a family troop... The same can be said for them possibly hunting, where one holds the preys gaze as the other ambushes it... This is an old tactic that I am sure goes back to even before humans when animals/reptiles started to pack/group hunt...

I have to add that this would be the fate of a person who shoots the BF holding his gaze, the ambush would come so fast and violent that the person would never know what hit him... Just a heads up to all the big brave BF Hunters out there... ;)

And of course this is IMHO

Bears and cougars do this? Attack from behind? I really loved being out in the woods in Alabama and Kentucky, hiked mountains from a base in Gatlinburg,Tn, I used to love the woods. Now I am frightened at the thought of hiking w/o major weapons along, and I'm serious about major fire power. Yikes. I truly hate being afraid. I think that if I had not had the encounters that I have had in the past, I would not have ever thought to worry or even think about fear while in the woods except for bears and snakes, which we had defenses against. But BF is another creature totally. :blink: Sheesh, What a terrifying creature. My young daughter had one throw rocks and pine cones at her tent in Canada when she decided to go camping alone.

At *What* age do children get some smarts and start behaving safely and reasonably?

My soldier son and hubby, with me in the middle while hiking and camping, I'd feel safe sorta. However, Then I'd worry about them. :blush:

Bears and cougars do this? Attack from behind? I really loved being out in the woods in Alabama and Kentucky, hiked mountains from a base in Gatlinburg,Tn, I used to love the woods. Now I am frightened at the thought of hiking w/o major weapons along, and I'm serious about major fire power. Yikes. I truly hate being afraid. I think that if I had not had the encounters that I have had in the past, I would not have ever thought to worry or even think about fear while in the woods except for bears and snakes, which we had defenses against. But BF is another creature totally. :blink: Sheesh, What a terrifying creature. My young daughter had one throw rocks and pine cones at her tent in Canada when she decided to go camping alone.

At *What* age do children get some smarts and start behaving safely and reasonably?

My soldier son and hubby, with me in the middle while hiking and camping, I'd feel safe sorta. However, Then I'd worry about them. :blush:

I'm just staying home, and keeping them here with me!

If we go searching for BF signs would we have to worry about a charge from a BF? :ph34r::blink: