Sasquatch Soup - What Does It Take To Bring Hairy In?

Hammer102492

This is what worked once for me (or 'us') once

1. Isolated hilltop

2. Friends and family having a good time and being noisy about it

3. various snacks

4. Fireworks! and big ones too. My friend whose land this is on spent about $700 and got the biggest stuff he could, essentially putting on a private and first-class fireworks display for about 20 people.

5. after everyone leaves, retire to cabin in vicinity

This was near July 4th a few years back so it was warm and I had the bedroom window open. About 12:30 AM we heard rock clacks right outside the window!!

I asked my girlfriend if she heard it and her first response was 'Is that Bigfoot?' Given the remote location and the nature of the yard to which the window opened, that is the simplest explanation. For a human to sneak in there during the dark and get that close to the cabin (the 'yard' descends away from the cabin down a hill with lots of brush) without being heard getting into position would be a trick. Those rock-clacks were *right* outside the window though, which because of the grade is a good 12 feet off the ground.

What about roasting yams? Some old native american reports suggest they eat tubers so could be worth a try. May as well throw some chops on there too, all the better to eat if they dont turn up :)

It would bring me in for sure.......bacon makes everything better!

Agreed....kinda like a good gravy, its all good!

Bacon, then Fish...........Smores?

Great stuff guys! Fun reading for sure.

I still submit to the idea that a silly woman, by herself, dancing around a campfire in the middle of the night, and singing to 1978 Grateful Dead from Egypt or the closing of Winterland, brings them in on a regular basis!

And if you don't want them to show up, or you ignore them, THAT'S WHEN THEY SHOW UP!

Thanks y'all. :)

Edited by Hammer102492

I dunno, what's wrong with the sound of giggling bacon?  :)

MIB

Hey, speaking of Christmas, I got that job I wanted at a Christmas store! The summer of sqautch is over and I am employed now. It was a heckava 6 months off!