Bf And Gravel Pits - Is There A Connection?

JanV

SSR Team

Just listened to an old Rhetman Mullis interview on the radio, he saw one it the area of a gravel pit.

• 1 month later...

I worked six plus years for an portable rock crushing outfit as an heavy equipment operator, crusher operator, and watchman depending on the job here in Oregon. We crushed rock for private landowners, commercial pits, private timber companies, and the Oregon Department of Forestry. In that time I have seen a lot of wildlife in and around the rock/gravel pits. Especially when I'm the crusher operator sitting up in the doghouse it gets really boring. So I would look around a lot to stay awake. I've watched a badger dig in our reject pile. I've watched coyotes, hawks, and a great horned owl catch rodents as they ran for their lives across the pit floor. I watched a deer pretend it was a mountain goat on a 40 foot ledge and fall to the pit floor. After hours I've watched a bobcat walk from one piece of equipment to the next and even on the conveyor belts. I've seen deer and rodents at every rock/gravel pit I have worked at.

So I think if a rock/gravel pit is in a bigfoots home range/territory and has cover around it, a food, mineral, or water source it's possible a bigfoot would check it out.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
Guest ChrisBFRPKY

A high percentage of gravel pits represent watering holes for all sorts of wildlife.

Good answer. Most if not all quarries hit fresh water springs during the mining/blasting process. Some are even put out of business if they hit a large one. Fresh water springs in KY are hotspots for Bigfoot activity, I suppose the creatures everywhere else would have similar interests. Spring water has a very good taste, I like it too. 

Chris B.

Guest keninsc

I recall reading that a couple of encounters did happen in close proximity of a couple of old sand and gravel "pits" as they're often called here in SC. Usually once water is hit and it exceeds the company pumping ability they abandon the dig and relocate, which is why they often appear to be ponds that were put in with no real purpose, however they do offer a break in the forested area, and on a hot, humid night might offer a Bigfoot a place to go and just cool off a bit, not to mention the possibility of other game animals coming in.

I'd think if the sites were frequented by humans, say sighting in their rifles then that might deter them, but other that that I can't think of a better location for a Bigfoot.

keninsc= if you read David Paulides book "Tribal Bigoot" there is a chapter didicated to gravel pits. Had some aquaitances encounter two BF coming out of the old gravel pit area NW of Gasquet, Ca. in the 70's, said from 40 ft. or so. 

Well I have a big quarry in my area and some things I can certainly tell you about it and some others around here are that for one parts of the quarry get used up and totally abandoned in no time, leaving some very massive caves, two it is illegal to go into the quarry unless you have official business there(But makes a great hangout spot! So not like noone goes there, but one of my friends did see something Big, hairy and freaky" in it once), and three it and some of the others are in the middle of a remote(For this area anyway) heavily wooded area. Heck Ide say 1/3 of it is pretty well grown over and abandoned by the mining company for a long time.

Look at how many sightings there are in Kentucky VS States around it, then look at how much strip mining goes on in that state. I think there is something to it.

Guest Llawgoch

Now of course, it could simply be that people that work outdoors have a high percentage of the sightings, just what one would expect of course if the animal were real.

People would claim to see a mythical woodland animal in the woods, just as people would claim to see a real woodland animal in the woods.  This should not be so difficult for you to grasp.  

Here are a couple of pics I took at an old quarry on Nov. 1st of this year.  This is within a 75 mile radius of Chattanooga, TN.  There have been many sightings in the area within a half mile of this location and several concentrated about three hundred yards to the SW of this spot.  I looked on a topo map and noticed that this old quarry was shown, so this was the first place I went and found after looking around the actual sightings location.  I did some research and found that the quarry hadn't been in operation since the early 1940's.  Leading into a draw just downslope from the quarry, I found this enormous "X" formation.  The placement of the pieces that it took to make this formation, and the number of them, make it unlikely that this was a natural occurrence.

Here is the west end of the formation, partially hidden in the previous pic:

Quite a few quarries within that range there Coonbo ;) But I'm pretty sure I know the one, got some friends that live not to far from that city, and a sizeable cluster of sightings riiight in those woods that envelope and spread around that old pit...

Edited by Xion Comrade

Guest keninsc

Both the sighting that my friends had were near old "gravel pits". One was an old bauxite mine down in Georgia and the other was near an old salt mine up in Virginia. Like I said earlier, they have everything just about a critter could want, regardless of what critter you're talking about.