Bf Cameos In Literature

LeafTalker

I disagree.   If you don't know what it was, the default conclusion should be you don't know what it was.   That's the only correct conclusion for a person seeking the truth rather than defending a paradigm.

MIB

Bigfoots all around! As is often incorrectly typical here abouts, bigfoot becomes the default conclusion. Silly.

Edited by Incorrigible1

BF in literature?

Beowulf?  More specifically - Grendel, as giant - ascribed to be a Sceadugengan - a shadow walker, or night goer.

They've been part of our oral and literary history for time immemorial.  Because other hominids, not like us, have existed within our species memory.

The movie, The 13th Warrior, adapted from Michael Chrichton's "Eaters of the Dead", which in turn was adapted from Beowulf is interesting to me because it views another race of hominids in much the same way as our ancestors did in legend and lore.

They were competitors, living in the shadows.  Unseen, but persistent threats.  Horrifying not in the sense that they were animals, but in the sense that they were possessed of humanlike reason and animalistic behavior and viewed us as a prey species.

That is an awesome song, Kiwakwe. And sure, song lyrics are a place where BF could turn up as easily as anywhere else. Cool find!

The writer sounds like he's familiar with this subject, though, and didn't just stumble on something odd he can't explain... I think he already has an explanation for the oddity.

But maybe not..... 

There is a mystery novel by Aaron Elkins titled "The Dark Place" that has Bigfoot as the murder suspect.  It appears that Elkins has done a fair amount of research into Bigfoot for this novel, and is a fairly good read if one enjoys murder mysteries.