My Mom Had Her House Slapped.....,,,,

norseman

Just before leaving this week with a load of cedar on for Portland. My mom informed me she got woken up Sunday night by a very loud slap to the side of the house.

I asked her if she looked for tracks and she said the snow is mostly melted out of the backyard.

I don't think she entertains the idea of Bigfoot at all........

But curious.

Hello Norseman,

It's good she told you. Were you surprised that she did? Hopefully it's nothing to worry about unless after a second time it becomes frequent. Has it crossed your mind that getting that type specimen maybe easier that you thought?

Edited by hiflier

Does she know enough about BF to have attributed the slap to him/her/it? Or did she think the sound made by a human, or something else? And yes, sounds like you may not need to leave the porch to do a bit of hunting!

How about that! Wouldn't it be cool to find out that your mom has them "in her backyard"?

You might have to rethink a few things......

The way you report it Norse, it sounds like it was a single slap, is that accurate? I'm curious because Bipto reported a single slap on the cabin they were sleeping in at area "X". When my house was slapped in August of '09, it was five or six times in under five seconds and seemed to be right under the open window above our headboard. Then I heard heavy bipedal footsteps running down toward the creek. Our neighbor's house, just over 90 yards up hill from ours but only 30 yards further from the creek, was slapped just once the same summer while her boyfriend was house sitting.

SSR Team

How would someone differentiate the noise of a hand slap between something like a bird flying into the side of the house for example ?

Has the house got a wooden exterior Norse ?

Edited by BobbyO

Admin

Baited Game Cams in areas around the house could produce something. Wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl...

Just before leaving this week with a load of cedar on for Portland. My mom informed me she got woken up Sunday night by a very loud slap to the side of the house.

This happenned to my mom numerous times at night over a year and a half period of time.

It turned out to be a crazy alcoholic female neighbor who was doing it just to scare my mother.

My brother and I put a stop to that in short order with the help of the local authorities.

Does she have snow?   Does she have trees over the house?   Could it have been on the roof or on a deck, not the wall?   Or something outside the house like a tool shed?

... just trying to eliminate the mundane before jumping down the rabbit hole.   (I know, seems out of character.  :))

MIB

How about that! Wouldn't it be cool to find out that your mom has them "in her backyard"?

You might have to rethink a few things......

Define "backyard"........

And yes it was a single slap and yes the house is a wood exterior. As stated previously no tracks were found as the snow has melted, we are having a bad winter......

The only other odd thing to report is that on

Monday when I was home and fed I found one of my mules dead. He was partially eaten, and it's why the ranch was visited by golden eagles this weekend. My son usually Feds when iam gone and I didn't put two and two together.

Now the mule Big Sam was old. But not as old as Mary Lou, so it was unexpected. He is also the biggest animal on the place at 18 hands and 1800 lbs. he was out of a Belgian mare.

Edited by norseman

A bird flying into the side of the house doesn't make a wood framed wall vibrate, unless it's one of Incorrigible1's.

My friends in Missouri tell me the bigfoot do this about the time they settle down to go to bed.  They perceive it as the bigfoot tapping the ant farm to shake things up and watch how they react.  Their house has lots of sliding glass doors on the living room level.

^^^^^^

That's interesting because she mentioned one spring finding evidence of something bedding down by the side of the house multiple times, she said deer or coyote.....

The house is constructed funny, with all of the bedrooms in the daylight basement. Up stairs on that wall there is a full length deck facing the Columbia river. So on that west side the house provides some shelter, and during winter she only enters and leaves the house from the opposite side that faces the county road.

Define "backyard"........

Unfortunately, I didn't coin the term "bigfoot in your backyard", so I'm not actually qualified to define it.......