Dude, What?

^

Well, they may as well generate bioluminescence.  It seems they can do pretty well everything else that any other life form is incapable of.  

t.

• Upvote 1

^*rolls eyes*  

Even in the darkest of dark, there is still light.  If their eyes appear glowing or shining, my bet is it's reflection of whatever light, however low, that is present.

^^^right.

As one who has read more than one report from a witness that couldn't ID a light source accounting for the illumination, it's still quite possible that the witness just couldn't ID a light source.

Or something else.

But until we confirm an animal here, and get to examine that, I really don't see the use piling speculation on speculation.

For eye shine there has to be a line of sight from the eye, the light source and the witness. You move away from the line of sight and you cannot see the eye shine. You cannot see eye shine if there is a moon out above. You cannot see eye shine if there is a light source off to one side. The witness, the light source and the eyes all have to be aligned in a straight line.  In my case I was in complete darkness. Overcast, no moon, far from any town or city. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I was on top of a rock shelter and I made a sound and these two eyes looked up at me from under the rock shelter. They looked at me for about 10 seconds and then went out. They were florescent green and I could clearly see the black pupils in the green. It was about 20 feet from me. The eyes were approximately 1 foot apart. What I saw was not eye shine, they were glowing eyes.

Well, I would consider it presumptuous in the extreme for anyone to say "that's impossible."  Much that we accept now would have been considered crazy not long before it was confirmed.

Bioluminescence, after all, does happen.  I doubt deep-sea fish and plankton and glow-worms etc. have cornered the market on bioluminescence.

Guest Urkelbot

For eye shine there has to be a line of sight from the eye, the light source and the witness. You move away from the line of sight and you cannot see the eye shine. You cannot see eye shine if there is a moon out above. You cannot see eye shine if there is a light source off to one side. The witness, the light source and the eyes all have to be aligned in a straight line.  In my case I was in complete darkness. Overcast, no moon, far from any town or city. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I was on top of a rock shelter and I made a sound and these two eyes looked up at me from under the rock shelter. They looked at me for about 10 seconds and then went out. They were florescent green and I could clearly see the black pupils in the green. It was about 20 feet from me. The eyes were approximately 1 foot apart. What I saw was not eye shine, they were glowing eyes.

Isn't 1 foot a little big even for sasquatch.  Im sure one of those pgf guys has the exact measurement.

Isn't 1 foot a little big even for sasquatch.  Im sure one of those pgf guys has the exact measurement.

I could be wrong, after all it was total darkness, I had nothing to judge it against, it just the way it seemed at the time.

OHZ - I saw red/amber eyes. But I always assumed I could see them because there was a full moon, 2 hrs after moonrise. If there had been no moon. would I have still seen the eyes? I had a headlamp on, but the eyes were seen by another person without any headlight shining in that direction. (And we were 30-40 feet away, I'd guess, with a headlamp that shines only 12-15 ft)

Guest thermalman

I believe, that light is infinite in its distance. Its quite conceivable that at the agreeable angle, with light shining at its eyes from a distance, a reflection can be noticed.