Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Selfeshly, no. I'm not taking that on me just for others. I get the scientific reasoning but the topic is not just a logical one for me...

Hello keninsc,

Publicly at least no one has found corpses. BUT! It's something that this time of year just might produce. I've been on a mission of sorts to bring to the surface the idea that dead ones, should there be any, wouldn't be in such a state of decomposition fresh out of late winter. I think it's a perfect time to look for the cadavers of those that died before nature can get working on them. IF THEY EXIST that is. If they do then they're not immortal; so just like any other creature there should be a die-off of a few weak, old, injured, or infirm creatures.

Edited by hiflier

Guest keninsc

Personally, I like the idea of finding the proof without the need to shoot. However, to date no one has ever found a Bigfoot skeleton or body or at least brought anything back from one. 

Good luck with hunting for it though. I hope against hope that one day I can get out and search on my own. I enjoy the woods and feel comfortable in them so even if I never find one it won't be a wasted effort in my opinion.

Hllo keninsc,

Yep. getting out there in the first place to enjoy the woods is where it's at. But IMO the chances of stumbling on a dead one, even being the long shot that it is, is better than say, in summer in which case there'll be nothing left to find once nature's creatures both large and microscopic get at it. It will be gone within a couple of weeks on the outside. 

Edited by hiflier

Guest keninsc

There would be bones. Personally, I have found a number of animal skeletal remains over the years including a Grizzly bear. I been on sites where there's a sort of running joke about there being a Bigfoot Body Recovery Team in place that comes along and buries or hides the bodies of dead Bigfoots. I recall that back in the 1800's or so no one had ever found a dead elephant which gave rise to the stories of the mystical "Elephant's Graveyard". Not killed by hunters or tribesmen of the region.

Granted that in a very short time a Bigfoot body will be a skeleton in a couple to three weeks in the heat of summer in the South. And the bones will probably be gone in just a couple years, so from the time a Bigfoot dies a clock starts and the odds of finding a body becomes less and less.

I have toyed with the idea of trapping one, but they are intelligent and seem to have a knack for getting around such things.

Several years back I would have in a second, no questions asked. But after going through 2 different open heart surgeries in the last 3 years at the ripe old age of 33/34 I wouldn't do it. Something about questioning my own mortality and the thought of death has changed my mind. Now I still love hunt and (mostly)bowhunt animals with zero qualms about taking their lives to feed myself and family with the healthy meat. I guess it's the fact that they walk upright like a man and a few other things. Regardless of what they are I don't want the killing of what could be one of our close relatives on my mind when I pass on.

So...are you talking about shooting him/her in the back, or while looking him/her in the eye?

Either way, no, I would not "take the shot".

Actually, my openness to Bigfoot, is based on the experience of two friends of mine who were faced with that very scenario and nether could pull the trigger. However, in order to get serious research done on these creatures and get them protected under the law you need to have proof of existence, and sadly that will require a body or possibly several. After that then many positive things can be done, until then it just so much smoke and mirrors really.

I might grieve over having done it for a time, after all, no sane person should enjoy killing something just for the sake of killing it. However, it this case the positive far outweighs the negative in my opinion. 

Ok, so you're selective about which type of Bigfoot you shoot. I get that.

I would be against anything that was hurting or killing humans, be it wolves, dogs, Sasquatch, or Dogman/wolfman. Anything that lives in peace needs to be left alone and not harmed. Any "rogue" animal, of any species, that is hurting or killing humans, needs to be removed or contained somehow to protect others,

I have a hope that a dead body is found from natural causes, then this species can be recognized, and protected:) I always have hope for things to be better, and the world safer for all of us.

If the creature were a Dog or Wolf man I would take the shot. Those creatures are way too dangerous to try to contain, are vicious,and, according to news and private reports, have been known to kill and eat humans, our pets,essentially  just anything that they can easily catch.

Should the creature be a Sasquatch, I would never take the shot unless my life, or another human's life, was in danger from it.

Where are the reports of dogmen killing and eating humans? Never heard that.

Guest keninsc

Several years back I would have in a second, no questions asked. But after going through 2 different open heart surgeries in the last 3 years at the ripe old age of 33/34 I wouldn't do it. Something about questioning my own mortality and the thought of death has changed my mind. Now I still love hunt and (mostly)bowhunt animals with zero qualms about taking their lives to feed myself and family with the healthy meat. I guess it's the fact that they walk upright like a man and a few other things. Regardless of what they are I don't want the killing of what could be one of our close relatives on my mind when I pass on.

I would never question your ethics or morality on such a subject. The choice to shoot or not is up to the individual. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do until the situation presents itself. I'm sure if I did then I might well become a target for haters, but that's one of those things I'd have to learn to live with, it's not like being a rock star.

Guest keninsc

Where are the reports of dogmen killing and eating humans? Never heard that.

Most reports of these creatures are often under a heading of werewolves or werebeasts. They don't always get included in the same category as Bigfoots.

Guest Crowlogic

If you eat meat you are most likely eating the flesh of an animal that has had a miserable factory farm existence.  That is the epitome of cruelty.  Factory farming livestock is no more cruel than bagging a free animal than may ultimately save a species.  Is it human?  No we are human they are not.  Just get it with a clean shot.  If your bore is too small let it go then.  

Guest keninsc

I would agree, we all have our own reason, pro and con. At least something positive can come from shooting a Bigfoot.

So you take the shot. You shoot. You score.

You approach your quarry and confirm that its dead. As you're wondering what to do with a half ton of smelly dead sasqautch you hear a tree knock followed by agitated chatter from the slope at your two o'clock. Answering whoops are heard from the ridgeline. From the treeknocker's general direction comes a softball sized rock that hits the ground between you and the body and caroms into the woods. A branch snaps somewhere behind you. The whoops off the ridge are getting closer and they carry a sense of urgency. You are alone and at least a mile from your vehicle. They're getting closer and they don't sound happy.

Things are about to get harsh.

• Upvote 1