Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Guest keninsc

....you're out hunting or whatever, you see a Bigfoot at close enough range to be sure it's not a human in a monkey suit or another hunter in a ghillie suit. You have a gun.

Do you take the shot?

Now I know there are member here who belong to organization that are "no kill" organizations. It's not my intention to upset or offend anyone, but in order to prove this thing exists, then you're going to need a body and dare I say it, very likely two or more because one could be considered a fluke or nature and blown off by science.

Me? I'm taking the shot. 

You say that now, but what do you do when it looks at you and what you see is far more human like ?  

Almost all of the good up close sightings  { that I know of } where you can exclude the factors you mentioned the witnesses say that the subject was very human like and that they felt they where looking at something more man than ape.

If the creature were a Dog or Wolf man I would take the shot. Those creatures are way too dangerous to try to contain, are vicious,and, according to news and private reports, have been known to kill and eat humans, our pets,essentially  just anything that they can easily catch.

Should the creature be a Sasquatch, I would never take the shot unless my life, or another human's life, was in danger from it.

Guest keninsc

Actually, my openness to Bigfoot, is based on the experience of two friends of mine who were faced with that very scenario and nether could pull the trigger. However, in order to get serious research done on these creatures and get them protected under the law you need to have proof of existence, and sadly that will require a body or possibly several. After that then many positive things can be done, until then it just so much smoke and mirrors really.

I might grieve over having done it for a time, after all, no sane person should enjoy killing something just for the sake of killing it. However, it this case the positive far outweighs the negative in my opinion. 

If the creature were a Dog or Wolf man I would take the shot. Those creatures are way too dangerous to try to contain, are vicious,and, according to news and private reports, have been known to kill and eat humans, our pets,essentially  just anything that they can easily catch.

Should the creature be a Sasquatch, I would never take the shot unless my life, or another human's life, was in danger from it.

Ok, so you're selective about which type of Bigfoot you shoot. I get that.

Hello keninsc,

I'm going to assume from your name that you're in South Carolina. If so was there ever any resolution after the BF flap in Lee County around Bishopville in the summer of 1988?

I think about that sometimes when I'm in my deer stand.  I'd like to have a specimen collected for sure but naw, I'd just watch it go by and then kick myself later for not shooting it.

t.

• Upvote 1

....you're out hunting or whatever, you see a Bigfoot at close enough range to be sure it's not a human in a monkey suit or another hunter in a ghillie suit. You have a gun.

Do you take the shot?

It all depends on what caliber or type shot I'm carrying.

It's not my intention to upset or offend anyone, but in order to prove this thing exists, then you're going to need a body and dare I say it, very likely two or more because one could be considered a fluke or nature and blown off by science.

But the classic mistake you're making is that everyone has the same goal: to prove they exist.

Many involved in bigfooting don't see that as a *good thing* in the end for the species... so, no. Won't be happening.

And since when has nature accidently made anything as a fluke on the scale that it appears that this creature may exist?

Guest keninsc

Hello keninsc,

I'm going to assume from your name that you're in South Carolina. If so was there ever any resolution after the BF flap in Lee County around Bishopville in the summer of 1988?

I am from SC and was born in Bishopville, but soon moved to another low country town. I currently live in Myrtle Beach.

The flap over the Lizard-man as it came to be called has never been resolved. My own thoughts on it was that it was an aggressive Bigfoot, most likely defending it's territory. I happen to believe that Bigfoots come in a number of types within the species and that's based on reading a lot of accounts over the years. If you go back and read the original account that was made then it sounds like it might have been a "wet" Bigfoot. But, that's my own interpretation. 

Thank you for the link. I assumed this subject had been discussed however I'm new here. Thank you for the welcome.

It all depends on what caliber or type shot I'm carrying.

I get that, if all you have is a .22 because you're out hunting squirrels, then taking a shot at one is just going to make them mad and you may be founds in pieces some time later. 

But the classic mistake you're making is that everyone has the same goal: to prove they exist.

Many involved in bigfooting don't see that as a *good thing* in the end for the species... so, no. Won't be happening.

And since when has nature accidently made anything as a fluke on the scale that it appears that this creature may exist?

Oh I've seen that thinking expressed many times by people. My own thoughts on this is that whether we like it or not an entire cottage industry has come up around this creature. Books, tours, seminars, lecturers, even movies and TV shows. So there is a lot at stake for many in the "Biz" so to speak. Now please don't mistake what I just said to mean something else, but let's all be honest, if you're devoted to looking for Bigfoot and you don't have a means of support them you have to make some money. That's a fact of life for us all.

I think about that sometimes when I'm in my deer stand.  I'd like to have a specimen collected for sure but naw, I'd just watch it go by and then kick myself later for not shooting it.

t.

Don't feel like you're the only one, I have two friends who both passed on shooting one because it looked too human and it felt like murder to them. So I completely get what you're saying.

I've often said that I would use either a 12 ga. pump action shotgun loaded with a heavy slug. It's got unbelievable stopping power and it's relatively short ranged. That way I'm not tempted to take a five hundred yard shot and then discover I just shot a hunter in a Ghillie suit. The other option would be to use a Marlin .444 rifle. Again relatively short range and a lot of stopping power.

Of course, then comes the problem of how to get this big sucker out of the woods and to a university for proper study? I have given it a lot of thought and find myself realizing that if at all possible you need to have a plan ready, just in case and you need to have made an arrangement in advance with a university who has a primate research facility. Of course, the other thing is to keep you mouth shut until the study of the creature is complete. 

I get that, if all you have is a .22 because you're out hunting squirrels, then taking a shot at one is just going to make them mad and you may be founds in pieces some time later. 

Or birdshot. That would just cheese one off too. When I was out with my 12 or 20 gauge, no matter what I was hunting, I always carried a slug load or two just in case. Not in case of bigfoot mind you, but something like a wild hog, they can be nasty.

Edited by Rockape

Guest keninsc

Oh God, my worst hiking experiences were due to hogs and dogs. I discovered that even domestic dogs will often pack up and form that pack mentality, and hogs can be down right aggressive at times. I always carry my side arm, a S&W 4506 in .45 ACP. At close range it's an awesome round, and if nothing else it makes a lot of noise which can deter a lot of creatures.

Glad to see someone else gets it. Now people seem to get all freaked out when they see I'm carrying a side arm. Like I'm a serial murderer or something?

Do you take the shot? 

I haven't so far.  :)   

I'm not motivated to prove they exist so anything derived from that assumption fails.   I want to understand them in a way that requires interaction.   Corpses are not sufficiently interactive for my purposes.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

Guest zenmonkey

Oh ya, Im not a gun lover by any means I'm pretty peaceful (see the name) for the most important scientific discovery this century ua Id blow a hole right through it.